• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
As some of you are somewhat aware, there has been major changes and new things that have done over the past few or so days here on this wikia of ours.

Those being (only three AFAIK. There might be more i'm missing so this will do for now atm...):

-A guide on what to do when making Original and Fan Characters

-New rules and regulations on the makings of Tier 0 and Existing Characters

-A blog that further explains what to do in order to hav

Basically in case y'all didn't happen to read the links i provided you, here are the things that have been done and are expected to be follewed by everyone (and when i mean by everyone, i mean that even the staff and i are to follow this too...):

-For example, regarding Tier 0's, there cannot be more than one tier 0 for one verse at a time. As stated on Prom's Blog, the moment a character matches a tier 0 will be the moment that forfeits the Tier 0's place as the all powerful character of their verse. If you want to know more on this, please direct yourself to the blog link above, thank you....

-On the matter of existing characters, it is now against the rules to make any version of any existing official characters (otherwise known as "clones") such as Son Goku from Dragon Ball, Superman from DC, Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog, Madoka from Puella Magica, and so. Again, everyone here including me the Bureaucrat are to follow this (as i had to delete my own Fanon page of an existing character the other day...).

This also applies to those would count as fan versions of existing characters like a fusion of two existing characters (such as that of Dragon Ball and Naruto) and a canon character having powers from another verse and such (ex. FF.Net has writers make Naruto have powers from series such as from DMC, DB, Bleach, etc. Or a character like Twilight Sparkle from MLP and EG having powers from Dragon Ball or otherwise). That and you can pretty much do this to any other fanon wiki. Here, we are not going to do so as there was even a rule about this from last year as well so....there;s that...

All in all, regardless weather if it's well-written or not, this is now a rule against making them and therefore, once again, everyone has to follow this for now on as of 03/19/2016.

-As a sort of (indirect) follow-up from the last point, we are to now only make OC's and FC's. Particularly on the Fan Characters part.

As said on Trickster's guide, an FC (short for Fan/Fanon/Fanfictional Character......they seem to mean the same thing from what one of our admin's here told me the other day....) is a character created based on/for a verse such as a Manga/Anime, tv series, comic book, video game, novel, etc.

For OC's, these are characters who originated from works that are not connected to any other official piece of work. As in, they are their made for a verse created by the user and such. (Please refer to the guide link above in order to learn more on this matter).

Nothing serious on this one other than that it is now required to insert a catagory for either type. So far there's "Fan Characters" for those whose characters are made based on/or for an existing verse. There isn't one for Original Characters yet but that will be thought and talked about for another time, folks.

Overall, everyone here is to follow these rules and changes for now on. Failure to do so (on things such as the manner of Tier 0's) will result in the deletion of that page. So don't bother making complaints, alright? For one, this was something that a fellow admin of ours had done last year for this site. So i am doing where we left off at as he is no longer active on the wikia network. And two, this is subject to everyone including the staff and even me, so don't even think that's it's unfair.

Anyways, hope you can understand what has happened on these and have a good day.

-Your Bureaucrat, Cross.

cross are my characters going to be deleted if so let me save the attacks and stats first before that ok m8

Uhm....okay?

Well i knew that given the "heavy restrictions", i had to edit your characters myself to unknown.

i edit vergil and the page the journey arc to descirbe having a lot of High 1-A while Dante is 0 though will leave the other arcs the same descrisption though

That's alright then. I apologize if this had to come this way, Red, but this is something that me and another admin here had been planning to do since last year.

I get that it's really restrictive, i know this, but this site serves as just like that of VS Battles and it'll very likely be like this for now on and foward....

i am already planning to make a new series though i can't draw still so yeah it would look someone but lots of things will be more edited so my characters are fine then?

Yes, yes. Even through the "heavy restrictions", so long as they try to follow the recent changes and standards as much as possible, they will be able to stay....

I don't think they need to be fixed as this is about as far as i know on this matter for now....

IMO, this is a good direction for the site, Cross. I shall adapt according to these changes.

Lord Kavpeny said:
IMO, this is a good direction for the site, Cross. I shall adapt according to these changes.
Yeah it's because from what i can presume, Dewott had made the site to follow the same way that VS Battles is going (this being for OC's and FC's, of course).

So given that idea, i thought that just like how VS Battles is going with there's and how they go with creating characters from the more higher tiers (especially 1 and 0), i made even more addtional rules on top of the ones that me and SDZiel made over a year ago to sort of follow the ways from the main Battles site....

Well can't deny that, Darkmon. But this thread is pretty much more or less old news considering that i reissued the use of FC's being here and all.

Would have written more here to tell ya, but i'm just gonna close this since it's, again, old news at this point. But basically, an FC like that Twilight could likely be here then anyways. Though idk if i made a sort of regulation on our FC page. Will get to that later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back