• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Regen and Incapacitation

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So this for some reason came from a fight involving a Low 1-C and a 1-C.

The big point of contention is whether constant destruction counts as a win con. The only character can do nothing to the stronger character and all they can do is regen. Yet all the other character has to do is hit him to obliterate him. Should this not count as a way to incapacitate a character?

The argument against this is that "X character is still able to act". But I argue that the fact that nothing they do can harm their opponent and their opponent can just wave a hand to wipe them out should be allowed to make the match inconclusive and instead the victory should be handed to the stronger party in this situation.

Thoughts?

If they are unable to act, it's an incap by definition of the situation. BFR prevents me from acting against my opponent. Sleep Hax prevents me from acting against my opponent. Constant destruction with no way to counter it other than staying alive should be considered the same.

I mean, if both characters don't have a wincon to win against each other, then it's an stomp, it's that simple.

In this situation though, it wouldn't be considered a stomp, since it also relies on Stamina.

If the other guy has no wincon of any kind, then it's an stomp, unless someone can just link the match so I can get context.

So, can constant destruction act as a wincon?

One Punch Man 123 Spoilers
Actually, wait a minute, of course it can. That's how Homeless Emperor got his victory over Zombie Man.

Bobsican said:
I mean, if both characters don't have a wincon to win against each other, then it's an stomp, it's that simple.
damn then that means almost all of thunderclusive's are getting removed.

McQueen is very... special, weren't threads about him in particular discussing about this before? Either way, with the new stomp standards, I think it should be discussed once more, unless that was done already.

this issue came up before in a versus thread with the bulk(yes the bulk) and it was said that if no characters have a wincon then it's a mismatch of course this is double standards considering the amount of incons mcqueen has and that he's such a prominent character on this wiki that either we remove all incons with this happening or we make an exception for thunder(which is clear bias for him).

Yeah, they have to be removed per the new standards, I would bring it up on the Vs. thread removal request thread, however, out of the sheer controversy this will likely do.

That most of McQueen incons are mismatches.

Anyways, I was the one who started this topic on the Lucifer vs Novamon thread, so I obviously agree constant desctruction is an incap method.

My thread isn't about Stomp standards (although obviously this would be a stomp). This stuff is simply to decide whether constant destruction should be a wincon unless the opponent has an ability in which they can harm the opponent with. Basically making it incap despite the regen as the victim in this case can't really do anything but regen.

But I don't understand. Sleep Hax and BFR can be consider wincons withou it being a stomp. How is constant destruction different?

Back