• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Mature Content

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Due to Skod being to busy "watching RAW" I guess I'll be making this thread to propose his suggsgestion. The Villains Wiki has a warning template for more mature pages. Perhaps we should adopt a similar warning to help users know what they are in for and take less a chance at violating any guidlines. What does the staff think?

Alright I'm back. Anyway the idea spurred to me because we do have quite a few profiles with good amounts of profanity (such as Kavpeny's profile) while others are blatant stoner profiles like Dank Esdeath for example. Though we should hold a discussion as to what constitutes as mature should this idea pass.

I agree with this proposal, but I am currently too lazy to make a list of things I think qualify as "mature contest"

Copetan said:
I agree with this proposal, but I am currently too lazy to make a list of things I think qualify as "mature contest"
And that's where we decide what constitutes as mature content.

I know, this thread is old, but I find it necessary to re-open it: A "mature content" warning is necessary, and I have found the means to carry it out.

drumroll*

I made a template! (well, I copied code to make a template, from Villains wiki)

Note that I filled the image areas with random pictures I found, so it's not entirely complete yet, so we'll have to replace those images so we can get our message through.

@Copetan thank you very much for your assistance. It is much appreciated and helpful.

I don't think there is really any way to quantify certain levels of maturity. It should probably just be on a case by case basis and if we view it as too adult based on its content at the time we give it that warning.

Ryukama said:
I don't think there is really any way to quantify certain levels of maturity. It should probably just be on a case by case basis and if we view it as too adult based on its content at the time we give it that warning.
yeah that would be case really

Back