• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding linking to the wiki forum as evidence on wiki pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
It appears that @Antvasima is quite against the practice of linking directly to sections of the wiki forum for purposes of explaining a detail within a page's contents, namely out of this compromising the accessability of the information for visitors, respectively.

However, it appears that this is not an issue, and I'll also express why I think that's the case:

- We link to versus threads in the wiki forum on pages for the purposes of users to look at our productivity as they were done and the discussion over the topic, if we were to remain consistent, we'd also replace them with blog posts or footnotes summarizing the arguments, which isn't necessary as it's a good practice to showcase directly our point of view on the matter with no inaccuracies to worry about on that regard, especially considering it'd be inappropiate to determine an outcome by voting but not show how such votes were done for a visitor to draw conclusions from, and don't assume we just made up the outcome for the sake of it or similar.

- Unlike off-site places from which respect threads come from usually, the wiki forum is a safe place to cite for our purposes as not only it's within the domain of the site (And so it can't get compromised without us being properly aware beforehand at least), but they're also generally evaluated by staff and the like for indexing to begin with, case in point, CRTs in general, this is also why this place and blog posts are "white-listed" for linking to respect threads in the first place.

Overall, I'm quite neutral on the topic and I mostly just want to see what others think, plus some properly written standard over this, as currently it's an "unwritten rule" of sorts, if that's even the case.

Last edited:
I told you that I was going to start a discussion thread about this topic later, but that I am overwhelmed with work in preparation for my vacation.

This is very important for the organisation and reliability of our wiki, and you were not allowed to create this thread, so I will close it. Do not try to do so again. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back