• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Higher Dimensional Characters and Cosmology blogs

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
I know what you're thinking, "Not this again". Well, let's just say that it won't be crazy as before. So I realize we have a ton of new users trying their damnedest to make 1-A characters and above. This has been seen on the Bad Page Report Thread numerous times. And I'll just say, if you don't understand the basic concept and requirements for these characters, don't try to make them until you do.

Of course, then we have to question why do they need to be so strong if you don't understand at least the basics of the concept. Regardless, you get my point.

I didn't want to make this a requirement, but I feel like before you make a Tier 1 character, a Cosmology Blog should be required for this stuff. Mainly to see that you actually put a little bit of thought in the story you are creating all the while giving said characters a reason to be a certain level of power.

Now, of course this is a suggested requirement. So it's up to Cross and Prom to decide whether this should go through.

But they never listen, and then wonder why their pages get deleted...And then snap at us.

I think I did the same thing but told them before doing that and they still snap when being pointed out of what was wrong with their work.

Well, with this rule, it requires them to at least have some knowledge on the situation and actually think about their stories instead of spamming 1-A's without anything explaining the verse in question...

Yeeup. Well this can also apply to Tier 1 in general as people don't understand how complex shit gets once they so much as step into it compared to stopping around Tier 2.

@Prom: Considering recent changes to things over at the wikia, we should probably change up the requirements for speed on your Tier 2, 1, and 0 blog on the speed section later.

DK if you want to have it at it's own section or not so i'll leave that bit to you. Though personally it's a lot better to do considering a character that's Tier 2 may not be Immeasurable and instead be Infinite at the very most. Sort of goes the same with Immeasurable being a speed level one can have from Low 2-C to above...well then again, Infinite is the same in how even lower tier characters (ex. some from Digimon) can be of this.

But basically, perhaps the speed thing you first have on with the Tier 2 can have it's own small section separately to explain on Infinite, Immeasurable, and Irrelevant speeds.

Yes, we should. I'll get to it in time, there's a lot to work on and I'm gonna be busy soon.

I know I'm not an admin and that you've already decided on your course of action, but I agree with this as well.

Also, the definition for 1-A characters on the Tiering System page on VBW has recently changed, along with 2-C's description; just thought I might let you know here since it's somewhat related.

@Aeyu: Nah. Unlike VSB, every user here can have a say in whatever goes on really. Some can even make suggestions that could pass...depending what the majority thinks if it can work or don;t.

Well, that sounds reasonable, and I appreciate that. But yes, I agree. If someone is going to create a 1-A character, they should do it for lore/a short story's sake/FC/OC, and not simply to make their character "the strongest". I myself would consider it a rule that all Tier 1 characters go through that approval thread, or face deletion, but that's just me. (It might already be one, if I'm not mistaken)

All that being said, the Tiering System has changed slightly, although it still might change a little bit with time. Regenerationn is also likely going to undergo changes as well, as I have heard from the likes of Ant and DarkLK over at VBW.

Technically when talking about Tier 1, i tend to actually feature all of it in general if not as a whole as even if someone didn't make a 1-A let alone a High 1-A or, worse (in a way), 0, they still have to do know what to seriously do when making Low 1-C's to all the way to High 1-B.

Of course for me, i would simply tell them to look over at either everyone elses pages of Tier 1 or of those from VSB as reference. Maybe not a complete surefire method in some matter, but i believe it can work by at least giving the new users a sense of how it's done.

I agree. I feel like one can glean the information from the Tiering System page itself, but then again, you might have to have at least some cursory knowledge about what a spatial/temporal dimension even is before proceeding in that direction. Maybe require characters to be linked to a verse with at least 2/3 characters who aren't Tier 1 before they can make one? I don't wanna seem ultra-harsh, but even I've observed in several cases where profiles have been made and then have been deleted quickly after because they were simply made to boast about something.

Perhaps.

I think that's what we did in the past before until we finally made a "Bad Pages Report" thread for something of this nature. Either they can be brought up there or on the page itself for what is wrong with it and how it could be done better.

That might be conducive. I've had people who have wanted to use high-rated characters I've made in the past simply because they didn't know how to make their own. A workshop where people could help these users decide if they really want to even *make* a tier 1 character could be very helpful.

I gotta really contact Dicey after this on WTF do rando users come to my wikia here just to vandilize his pages...

Anyways yeah, we can have something like this really. Thing that would depend on is if they have the patience and behavior to NOT flip on us when trying to explain what's wrong and such of why their page is not quite, at least, good and bearable to have around here...

No idea. Fanfiction purposes, maybe? When I am not logged in, I can still see "Edit," as an option in the top right of my screen. That might mean that non-autoconfirmed users can edit them, although I don't know if that's the problem.

And well, to be fair, if they don't wanna participate in the workshop, then I guess they don't really wanna work within the confines of the rules anyway, in which case they don't need to have a Tier 1 page. I think that that workshop could weed out possible bad profiles, but also help users who aren't knowledgeable about high tiers decide if that's even something they wanna do. (Obviously still would have to hold up to some standard)

Apparently, they have some "grudge" with him in the past at some point. Either that, or they really just don't like his work. I actually DK what to do with this and i can't keep locking it in place so as for them to not be vandilized. And they don;t even go for others, just his. Which makes it really unnerving to deal with here when i have to deal with other stuff both on-n-off wikia...

Back to here now again. If that's the case, then they (more so) shouldn't bother to make one if they can't at least know half of what makes one a Tier 1. At the same time for those who would go on there and see what they need to work on or have it checked, then yes we can surely try to help them through however way we can with their stuff.

Well, for 1-A you'd at least need to transcend every dimension in said verse, of course, statements mean nothing like; "X Character once stated in my verse that they were above all beings in all of the reality, meaning that they're High 1-A", but you'd need facts like:

- 100% proof that the Verse has more than Hilbert model dimensions (I.E an uncertain infinite dimensional ladder)

- Said character being above already stated "Infinite dimensional characters" as if they were just infinite dimensional and no one to compare to, that'd be Anywhere form 1-B to High 1-B, not 1-A, as there'd be nothing to be a parallel.

This isn't simply about 1-A characters; it's about tier 1 characters in general. We are also very aware of the definitions for each tier.

You don't need proof that a verse has more than Hilbert scale dimensions. The verse could have 8 dimensions, but transcending the concept of dimensions, even if you have physicality according to the new definition, is still qualifiable for 1-A.

Anyway, grudge or not, I feel like all profiles should be auto-confirmed editable only, if they are not already. Also, perhaps you could give Dicey an "honorary," position (one with no real power) so that only he could edit his profiles. Or, would you be able to make possible exceptions for the sysop level of editing?

Also, I agree with that sentiment, which is why I posited what I did. I would also be willing to help with such an idea, if the people in question were willing to work with such a thing. Those this site has FC's, I see it as a type of writing forum as well, since most of the characters are OC's. If they cannot make a profile which lives up to guidelines, and then are unwilling to participate in a workshop to better learn those terms/characters, then they should not make Tier 1 characters to begin with.

@Aeyu: I really can't do that unless i give him either a content mod or admin rights powers to use. There's also the fact that, when looking at all of this now, do we not have the auto-confirmed thing benefit. DK why we don;t have that, i just never got to looking further of what we have at hand in terms of wikia aspects so...

That's a shame. But if the auto-confirmed thing were in place, I feel like it would lend itself to preventing these sorts of things from occuring in the future, if even a little bit. Perhaps make it known that that's a special bannable offense?

That'd be too special for one users stuff even if they have multiple pages.

If anything, i may just go to Fandom about it so that this way we'll have what VSB did for them. The less problems for me here if not for everyone, the better.

But i digress and thus we should go over back on the topic. Just give me some hours to calm down from those...A-HOLES from earlier on what's being discussed.

@Everyone else: You guys can talk this out for the time being of this.

It could be helpful to do that. Is there anyone on VBW who could accomplish such a thing?

Also, I've mostly said my piece. A workshop could be largely helpful in this case.

Back for one last comment before i have to leave here for the rest of the night.

On the vandalizing issue, don't worry about it. I'll handle it myself and take it up with FANDOM.

On-topic to here, we kind of have something like that. Perhaps two, in fact:

Here: https://vsbattles.com/fcoc-vs-battles/25137

And here: https://vsbattles.com/fcoc-vs-battles/25136

I think these two, more so the first one, can act as our pseudo-workshop of sorts when it comes to profiling work. Specifically if it's about Tier 2's and, more than very likely, Tier 1's and possibly 0's.

So then maybe tier 2's should go through the same sort of examination?

Sorry if I misunderstood but does that mean staff are gonna have to check out my Tier 2 pages or what? How will this affect them?

Basically it would mean that if pages are poorly written, or just put at a ranking without any justification/just for power's sake, then they would be deleted or put through a workshop. I doubt this would affect tier 2 characters like it would tier 1 characters, though, even if they went through the same approval thing.

Back but not for long, i guess...

Well i mentioned Tier 2 earlier because the blog for those needing to learn about Tier's 1 and 0 also contains said tier. Although considering that Tier 2 is not as strict as Tier 1's and 0's are, we can just disregard having to check those. However, it may be a good idea to make sure someone knows how even those work (ex. telling others what applies for 2-C, 2-B, and 2-A and what the difference is for each of them even if you call all as a "multiverse", what truly applies for High 2-A or whatever, etc.).

Back