• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Chase Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello. I am not very familiar with this series, but based upon the information given in some of Xiaolin Showdown's various profiles, I am a bit confused on one of its statistics.

Chase Young's final form is listed as "At least 2-C." Two of the three justifications are that "He was going to destroy the entire multiverse" and "he blew up Cosmic Dragon's physical form in one blast."

However according to Cosmic Dragon's profile, Xiaolin Showdown's multiverse has "as many universes as there are grains of sand on the beach or stars in the sky." Which would make destroying the entire multiverse like the profile says he would a 2-B feat.

Cosmic Dragon himself is also 2-B and has multiversal durability, yet according to the profile Chase one shot him.

So unless I am missing something here, I think Chase Young's profile should be changed. As the two main reasons for him being "At least 2-C" are 2-B feats.

Not sure where exactly Chase should be placed, but as for the Cosmic Dragon stuff, here's what I recall.

Cosmic Dragon's physical form =/= the true Cosmic Dragon. IIRC, Heylin Dragon Chase is effortlessly defeated by the Cosmic Dragon after Omi and Kimiko awaken it or something to that effect.

@Azzy Alright thanks for the response. Wouldn't destroying the entire Xiaolin Showdown multiverse like the profile states he would've still be 2-B however?

I assume it would be. I can't remember if he was actually capable of destroying it all at once, though. I think Tai Shui may have even commented on how Chase was never really capable of destroying him, or something. I'd need to watch the episode, again.

@Azzy sure thing. Thanks.

When Chase Young was destroying Time-Space, Omi and Kimiko awakened the cosmic dragon in order to stop him. Chase Young tells him that he is not so mighty and destroys his physical form, but he instantly reappeared with his true non-corporeal form, easily defeating Chase and proving that he was no match for him.

@Dark Aside from Cosmic Dragon stomping him then, was he still a legitamate threat to the entire multiverse, as the profile suggests? If so should he be 2-B from that?

Speaking of the Cosmic Dragon, Tigress Wu states that their are "Endless Dimensions" throughout the multiverse, obviously Dimension in this context means Universe. She later compares the number of dimensions to the stars in the sky so I dunno if it an be used, but its something.

I agree with Dark649, I don't think Chase Young can scale to Tai Shui, but I also haven't finished watching Chronicles yet so I dunno if he was a true multiversal threat.

I do remember he was causing universes to be destroyed with simply his existence alone, so he's definitely still At least 2-C even if he wasn't.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I do remember he was causing universes to be destroyed with simply his existence alone, so he's definitely still At least 2-C even if he wasn't.
Is there a scan or something that shows this? If so can you show me please? I would like to show it to my friend who doubts this

Anime4Life2020 said:
Is there a scan or something that shows this? If so can you show me please? I would like to show it to my friend who doubts this
Watch it Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back