• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Bleach's Soul Crush In VS Match Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really an issue with the lower tier characters, but this issue has always happened in almost every VS Thread regarding the God Tiers (Ichigo, Aizen, Yhwach, Soul King).

Now obviously, in order to make a fair match up, the characters we put them against, need to have a higher level of Resistance to Soul Manipulation in order to make sure that it isn't a stomp thread. The issue is, no one knows to what extent the Soul Crush of the God Tiers is. Some say it is in the billions range since Yhwach was going to affect both the populations of Soul Society and The World Of The Living. Some say it's in the quintillions range since everything has a soul, (plants, rocks, atoms). Some say it's Infinite since Reiatsu = AP and the God Tiers are 3-A to Low 2-C. Just to make sure the issue doesn't happen in any VS Thread again, I think we should discuss and pin down to what extent the Soul Crush affects.

I myself am not too knowledgeable on Bleach, but I think it was important to point this out.

wasn't it just agreed that range isn't the main defining factor for soul hax? and AP isn't even close to being one. Unless it's layered, anyone with soul haxx resistance is free to resist it

wasn't it just agreed that range isn't the main defining factor for soul hax? and AP isn't even close to being one. Unless it's layered, anyone with soul haxx resistance is free to resist it
Reiatsu can bypass so many layers of resistance it's not even funny. if the new policy on mind/soul hax get through, Reiatsu Crush will become one of the most potent passive in the wiki .

Then why are we talking about it being billions or quintillions or something? It's just [insert layers]. Pretty op but it's not 4d hax at least

Because mind and soul hax are still using numbers of affected as their primary scaling .

Layers will be discussed and used only if the new policy come to pass and is applied .

Then why are we talking about it being billions or quintillions or something? It's just [insert layers]. Pretty op but it's not 4d hax at least
Because the dude who made the thread maybe dont even know about the new thread regarding numbers =/= baseline of soul hax?

Hmmm, i don't think so.
Senna is the Shinenju, she can manipulate the blanks bc of that but i don't think it directly scales to her soul hax.

What policy?
The ridicoulous notion that more beings affected by mind/soul hax is just range and have nothing to do with potency . Basically , mind/soul haxxing 1 person is the same as mind /soul haxxing an infinite ammount of persons.

The user that brought that up think that only feats and layers of resistance should be used to judge the potency of those two hax .

But his thread went nowhere, got closed and have to be remade in a staff only thread considering how major this revision could be .

So for now , numbers of affected are still very important and relevant .

The ridicoulous notion that more beings affected by mind/soul hax is just range and have nothing to do with potency . Basically , mind/soul haxxing 1 person is the same as mind /soul haxxing an infinite ammount of persons.

The user that brought that up think that only feats and layers of resistance should be used to judge the potency of those two hax .

But his thread went nowhere, got closed and have to be remade in a staff only thread considering how major this revision could be .

So for now , numbers of affected are still very important and relevant .
It just depends on how it works, numbers shouldn't be factored if someone is applying a hax regardless of how many individuals are within its range (We don't do that for disease manip and nearly any other hax, for instance), but only if such thing is portrayed as a legitimate case of applying more power than normal for such act (And in a quantificable way for the purpose of comparing it to an actual resistance, time stopping 5 people within an area isn't comparable to time stopping a single one that did have a resistance), and even then some way to confirm such energy being concentrable to a single target would be also required to not make up assumptions.

Anyways, yes, this will be tackled in the future in a staff-only CRT when I have the time for it.

Last edited:
Now this is something that I only heard from a few Bleach fans, so take my words with a grain of salt.
Apparently, if the character fighting the Bleach character has some form of soul hax resistance AND is stronger than them, then they're not affected by "durr reisatsu crush gg hurr"
(I'll try to look where this was mentioned)

Now this is something that I only heard from a few Bleach fans, so take my words with a grain of salt.
Apparently, if the character fighting the Bleach character has some form of soul hax resistance AND is stronger than them, then they're not affected by "durr reisatsu crush gg hurr"
Not enough to survive Soul Crush

it was good to open this topic according to the wiki rules, and if suanki comes to the conclusion that there are a lot of people who say that the accepted opinion says that db characters and rk do not handle akm sama works, this topic will be very nice

Correction: they don't even need some form of soul hax resistance. The pressure is only felt by characters whose own energy is lower than their opponent. For characters with a comparable or higher energy, they wouldn't feel the effect.

It affects the soul when it's strong enough to work. Kenpachi explained it in quite detail. The being who releases more spiritual pressure would be able to block any attacks from a weaker being. This extends to "reiatsu crush" since it is based on releasing the spiritual pressure. If someone's spiritual pressure is high, the weaker character's spiritual pressure won't be able to penetrate it, and hence won't work. It's a very basic caveat of the ability that renders it useless against any strong opponent.

It affects the soul when it's strong enough to work. Kenpachi explained it in quite detail. The being who releases more spiritual pressure would be able to block any attacks from a weaker being. This extends to "reiatsu crush" since it is based on releasing the spiritual pressure. If someone's spiritual pressure is high, the weaker character's spiritual pressure won't be able to penetrate it, and hence won't work. It's a very basic caveat of the ability that renders it useless against any strong opponent.
Wrong , and quite badly at that .

Quincies don't release energy at all , and yet they are not soul crushed by shinigamis or hollow.

You need a strong soul to resist your soul getting crushed, no ammount of energy will ever counter that .

You continue to be confused on how bleach work.

I mean, Bleach characters have their strength based in reiatsu, but even if its a human level character, they still can resist the effect of soul hax even when others humans doesn't, like Ichigo sister, she has some short of soul resistance despite normal humans not having it, and she is a normal human

Factually untrue, not only are you completely misunderstanding what Kenpachi said, but it's just straight wrong anyway.

Quincy emit virtually zero Reiatsu and aren't Soul Crushed

Or a more recent example, the Hollows in the latest chapter of Bleach, they're directly stated to not even emit Reiatsu and they don't get soul crushed.

You've already expressed your clear lack of knowledge regarding Bleach in other CRT's, so I'm going to give you some advice and tell you to quit trying to act knowledgeable about things you don't understand

but even if its a human level character, they still can resist the effect of soul hax even when others humans doesn't, like Ichigo sister, she has some short of soul resistance despite normal humans not having it, and she is a normal human
Like, we have normal humans that know ichigo (meaning they have some short of soul resistance) not dying to aizen reiatsu, despite others normal humans dying to it

Bleach characters having their energy soul based, meaning that the amount of power also will means the amount of resistance
orpRqRIC_400x400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back