• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Ragnarok: Whatever the hell happened to this verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
007.jpg

008.jpg

is this supposed to be supersonic or something completely different?

Its just Sound Manipulation, its not too bad of ability either. Against Sound users Raiden could create shockwaves to halt their sound attacks. Only down side is that this is only done through his special move, which completely ****** his body because of the rapid muscle conversion, only being able to fight because his Valk was holding him together.

Probably, but it could also be that it countered his sound-based thing. I forget how it worked though, so I may need to revisit that.
Well, the only thing sound related was his dance, which kept up with the rhythm the crowd made by chanting. He also stopped his dance after cutting Raiden open, so that's not possible.

Ah I see.

Considering that sound fuels dance and Shiva is supposed to destroy the universe with his final dance, and Raiden's strike stopped sound, let's wank it to 3-A

Yeah, Shiva wasn't powered up by sound. The attack only halted Sound around the blow. So likely it'll be portrayed in the anime as a silent impact.

Well, the only thing sound related was his dance, which kept up with the rhythm the crowd made by chanting. He also stopped his dance after cutting Raiden open, so that's not possible.
Yeah and in chapter 41 we see him do the dance again with no one playing music, just cheering.

This discussion does not seem to ever be likely to get solved, so we desperately need a good summary of all the most important arguments so far to restart this thread, after which I can ask several staff members to help us out.

Is somebody knowledgeable here willing to help us all out with what I mentioned earlier?

So about the tierings it should be noted that the kanji used in thor's scan canalso be translated as Earth (the actual planet) I think the last chapter pretty much confirmed that Shiva is capable of destroying and recreating the world like in the legend. Can't we just have them stay 5-B ? The actual feats we have are either done by people without divine weapons (Lu Bu) or mere side effects of their battle (Shiva and Rudra clashing). It should also be noted that earlier in the thread Life of King brought up some solid evidence for Tier 2 Zeus and Adam.

Hermes's 5-C feat also scales to the main participants since the 13 fighters of Ragnarok should be stronger or comparable to him.

imo the tierings could be "at least 5-C likely 5-B" for the fighters like Thor, Lu Bu, Shiva, Raiden etc. and "possibly Low 2-C" for Adam and Zeus.

Last edited:
Can you post the evidence for Shiva being able to destroy and recreate the planet Earth please?

Chapter 41 at the very beginning it's stated once again by narration that Shiva will destroy the world and recreate it, much like Heimdall's introduction.

Chapter 41 at the very beginning it's stated once again by narration that Shiva will destroy the world and recreate it, much like Heimdall's introduction.
Actually it was chapter 40, but ya I guess if there using some mythology stuff then I guess it should be somewhat legit I guess
Edit: also appertly his first technique(the dance) was supposed to bring about the destruction of the world

7742559-3449d769-90ff-4567-9dad-990dcbfa45fb.png

So there’s that to

Okay. That seems to make sense as a validation for a 5-B rating.

It seems so, yes. So is somebody willing to update the pages that scale from it?

Made Shiva's and Raidens profiles. I think maybe the wording and images could be better, but over all should be good.

I have Jack's profile ready, just finishing Heracles.

For those curious, Raiden has three keys for his Pre-ragnarok/Volund like the others. The second one is himself post Volund and the third is himself post 100 seals released. I tried to just have two but it would be confusing and would look a little wired, three is the best to go

Also Thor's statement uses a kanji that can be translated as "Planet Earth" given the context it is highly unlikely it was referring to a clump of dirt at all.

Also Thor's statement uses a kanji that can be translated as "Planet Earth" given the context it is highly unlikely it was referring to a clump of dirt at all.
is this the ''Mjolnir'' statement or the ''land and sea'' statement? I remember asking one of the wikis translators and he said that the Mjolnir statements is actually ground, but can mean earth with context.

No power, I was referring to Mjolnir having enough power to "shatter the earth". By the way, why would people to downgrade that feat to High 6-A ? Shattering is merely another synonim of destroying and on this wiki we accept it as 5-B why would we randomly assume things like KE and frag when due occam's razor the most logical conclusion is 5-B ?

So we have 3 statements, two of those made by narration that poin out at 5-B tiering and one feat from Hermes (who should scale to the cast until proven otherwise) that is 5-C. Can't we just slap "5-C likely 5-B" to the cast and a "possibly Low 2-C" rating for Zeus and Adam? Everything else is a major assumption imo.

Made Shiva's and Raidens profiles. I think maybe the wording and images could be better, but over all should be good.

I have Jack's profile ready, just finishing Heracles.

For those curious, Raiden has three keys for his Pre-ragnarok/Volund like the others. The second one is himself post Volund and the third is himself post 100 seals released. I tried to just have two but it would be confusing and would look a little wired, three is the best to go
Didn’t shivas backstory and how ragnarok has setup how the gods decid on big things happening litterly contradict the first statement

On it’s own? Sure. But it can’t really be hype when the narrator comes along and just repeats the same thing with slightly different wording.

Look at it like this.
The last one means his body is already planetary.

The Thor stuff is because context can mean the kanji for ground/earth beneath your feet can refer to the planet earth itself. Thor > Hermes = 5-C. If the different interpretations will result in either Tier 6 or Tier 5 and Thor is already superior to a Tier 5, we would go with the Tier 5 interpretation which coincidentally lines up with other divine contestants.

Also, Thor's profile should be 5-B, higher by awakening since I'm pretty sure Thor's earth shattering statement was related to Pre Awakening Mjolnir.

Look at it like this.
The last one means his body is already planetary.

The Thor stuff is because context can mean the kanji for ground/earth beneath your feet can refer to the planet earth itself. Thor > Hermes = 5-C. If the different interpretations will result in either Tier 6 or Tier 5 and Thor is already superior to a Tier 5, we would go with the Tier 5 interpretation which coincidentally lines up with other divine contestants.
When did Hermes do anything close to 5-c

That is a hype statement

Agian when has Hermes done anything 5-c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back