• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

I will say, Kojiro being history's biggest loser and getting humanity their first win is pretty good.

But yeah that Adam thing is really interesting

Apparently its photoshopped. The author said that Zeus was actually planned to win, but he made Adam too strong and too good of a human

I really want a round where the human just shitstomps the god like Thor did Lu Bu. Like, I feel like it'd fit really well.

Lu Bu got 1 good hit, Thor really tried, broke Lu Bu's legs, then obliterated him and nullified his ultimate technique. It was pretty bad for Lu Bu.

I get the feeling Susanoo is the god who gets stomped, especially if his opponent is Tesla. And if he's written that way then Tesla might stomp Susanoo without a volund and with purely the power of science.

I just want one of the gods to get stomped somehow dude, I don't care who or how. Like, they pull out their ultimate like Zeus did, then get completely ****** when they use it, but they don't actually come back.

My main disappointment is this. I'm positive that Raiden vs Shiva was rushed.

There's no other explanation for them introducing Raiden as having FOUR sealed techniques, and then only use one of them. Either the fight was cut short behind the scenes for some reason, or we haven't seen the last of Raiden.

Dude kinda dead rn so ......... I dunno man. Would have been cool to see the other 3 techs when we had Shiva whipping out a bunch of “final” moves but I doubt we’ll see more of Raiden as is unless they bring in some gimmick that lets destroyed souls come back (which ruins their deaths so I pray they don’t do that).

<s>Coding don’t work like that anymore</s>

Also I have same issue with that as just bribing them back. So long as it’s a what if type scenario where they weren’t completely obliterated then sure. Won’t say no to more feats and hype.

Now that you guys mention it...yeah that just sucks tbh.

He had four secret techniques but used one? Come on now...

At least we know just one of them could mess up Shiva still, and that’s even with him trying to defend himself from it the first time.

yeah too weird. Only suspicion I got is that they are more taxing and if he used them after his palm he may not even be able to stand. A guess but still disappointing

Probably. I’d have been fine if Raiden had shown the rest of his moves to show that using more would just make it worse for him.

The ending could have stayed the same and I’d feel that would make it a bigger finale to the fight than what we got.

I did the research and if I recall correctly, the names of his secret techniques are established sumo moves.

We saw the palm strike, and the others would have equated to a slap meant to throw off-balance, a charging stomp, and a grapple. None of which we saw.

Raiden was still stronger than Shiva after all he'd done, he just managed to pierce Raiden's hand, he was the underdog of that whole fight for sure.

When Jack the Ripper describes a Divine Weapon, he says that it could "tear anything in existence to pieces".

It's a stretch, but could this imply that Divine Weapons and Volunds have a form of durability negation, which is required to damage the gods normally? This would give the gods a weird form of Invulnerability and resistance to durability negation, as it causes the weapon to interact with them normally rather than fully bypassing their durability.

No, I just think it means that they are just really strong weapons.
They are above everything else besides the gods.

I will also note that Jack's durability might actually not scale to Heracles' attacks, as I'm rereading the chapter, at least not fully.

The arguments that he would were based on him taking Nemean Lion head-on, as well as taking a Cerberus-enhanced punch to the face.

He doesn't take Nemean Lion directly. He is only hit by the very edge of the attack's shockwave, and in fact manages to nullify most of the blow with his Divine umbrella. And even then, the mostly-negated edge of the blast sent him flying and caused him to spit up blood.

As far as the Cerberus punch, he had already completely halted the punch's momentum through the use of the divine manhole cover, to the point that Heracles' strike was only delivered from a single fist's length away from Jack's face, rather than having any kind of windup or serious force behind it. Additionally, Jack only negates most of that damage by using his acrobatics to disperse the impact as he lands.

Edit: Even when their duel enters close quarters, he only ever fully deflects or takes Heracles's attacks using his divine weaponry. Heracles lands two serious strikes, the first of which blasts Jack backwards and very nearly forces all the blood out of his body, and the second one renders him basically dead for some time. Loki even notes that the only thing keeping him alive at that point is the final reserves of strength deep inside his soul, and it notes that he's still on his last legs and can barely be called conscious, to the point that a later blow that barely taps him is able to almost topple him to the ground.

Last edited:
I said that Jack would likely scale because

1. The attacks didn't just obliterate him, and he actually took more than those 2 hits directly. When Heracles slams him down into the fence post, he blocks that rage-filled strike like it's nothing, and acts worried about the fence's spike. The direct hit he took from Heracles through the manhole cover sent him flying, but he smiled and brushed it off.

2. It's implied that Jack wasn't actually as worn out as he seemed to be at the end of the fight. With his final attack, he visually doesn't have the effect that was put on him to portray how weak he was, and he acts mostly normal after using Dear God, speaking normally, moving normally for the most part, etc.

It seemed more to me that the hit to Jack's face after he fails to catch Heracles off guard was more of a weak-spot hit than a "my AP is >>> your durability", as getting hit in the ear/nose/general head area by something that's even weaker than you (for example, a normal person could knock out an athlete if he landed a good hit in those spots) usually does more damage to the brain than to the body itself. He also doesn't have any visual markings or anything after taking this hit, so it's more likely that he got something along the lines of a concussion.

Back