• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Also I've been pondering shit and I think it makes sense to me to assume the gods have weapon immunity that volunds bypass instead of just scaling above human weapons, tier wise.

I mean Brunhilde specifically states that Lu Bu had a zero percent chance of winning without a Volund which would imply they couldn't even clash at all without one but that could just be due to human weapons breaking against God Weapons. The mechanics of this series are surprisingly complicated.

Here are some of the scans. Also, the stick part might of been a mistranslation, either was its already the next record of raganrok meme.

Note: Not all of the leaks, just some I picked out

[
S__84500529.jpg
]

I want to cry

I actually wanted Shiva to win from the beginning and am glad he did. Although Raiden after getting his second backstory really grew on me. I wasn't too invested in him from the beginning. They both grew on me to where I wanted both to survive, but if one had to win it would be Shiva. I also felt that Shiva would pull something out, considering he was being cucked the entire manga till this point.

The sad thing is that in chapter 41 Raiden's mum was in the audience and gets a few lines in, just imagining her cheering her son in a fight to the death only for him to get brutalized as he did. Raiden also gave his Valkyrie a chance to leave, but she didn't because Raiden's body would kill him if she didn't control his muscles.

At least Raiden went out like Whitebeard, on his feet, even after losing his head

Like my alright for this one was more along the lines of “okay” but it wasn’t up there as being as exciting ish as the first four fights.

At least knowing the backstories and all was still cool

Yeah I mean all of the Gods have done the same thing. They start off in base and have a transformation mode. It would have been weird if Shiva didn't have a transformation as well.

(Thors transformation was his weapon awakening)

Yeah I mean all of the Gods have done the same thing. They start off in base and have a transformation mode. It would have been weird if Shiva didn't have a transformation as well.

(Thors transformation was his weapon awakening)
Kinda true actually
Thor: Hammer wakes from 3 hour nap and is cranky
Zeus: Takes steroids and then tries a new weight lose program
Poseidon: Take steroids like Zeus but less
Heracles: Reveals his inner furry
Shiva: Becomes an inferno

Wouldn’t say Poseidon has a transformation, just puts in more effort. He is more akin to walking, jogging, running.

As for asspull transformations, I‘d say that only Adamas and Awakened Mjolnir can really be considered asspulls. Herc has been using his Labors the whole time (Cerberus didn’t change anything anyway) and Shiva was mentioned multiple chapters before that his dance will cause him to burn away. Adamas came outta nowhere and while Mjolnir was the same, it didn’t change too much since the two were relative already and the finisher was just catching the returning hammer for a stronger swing.

I mean most of the fight was Posedion getting faster and faster, so the end wasn’t too much of a suprise.

I think Beelzebub is my most wanted God to fight now. I want to see Satan himself show up on the spectators side for him it'd be awesome, along with his fellow demons/fallen angels: Lucifer, Leviathan etc but who could he fight?

I think Beelzebub is my most wanted God to fight now. I want to see Satan himself show up on the spectators side for him it'd be awesome, along with his fellow demons/fallen angels: Lucifer, Leviathan etc but who could he fight?
What's the list for human fighters again?

So any predictions for abilities? I'm guessing Nostradamus will have some kinda precog, though that might be redundant after Kojiro.
Qin Shi Huang will almost certainly have the Teracotta Army or the Great Wall as part of his Volund and some mention of all the assassinations he survived.
I don't know shit about Kintoki.

Didn’t Kintoki fight a bunch of demons or something in his myths? I’d say Beelzebub will face Kintoki (if what I heard is true) or Rasputin.

I currently want Odin to fight Simo rn not only for the epicness but also so that he can be called equal to Zeus.

I want to see Qin Shi Huang but there is no guarantee that he will win his fight and he looks like a great spectator to comment on fights. Zeus and the bois are getting kinda stale. Maybe Shiva joins them to talk about the fights (would like Odin to but he seems very stand offish).

Didn’t Kintoki fight a bunch of demons or something in his myths? I’d say Beelzebub will face Kintoki (if what I heard is true) or Rasputin.
Sakata Kintoki (also known by his, what I assume to be his childhood name Kintarou) was supposedly strong even for a child. Something about being able to wrestle bears and can pull a tree down so hard to make a bridge for him to cross over a river.

(Story for reference above)

There's also ofc supposed tales of him fighting oni's and such cuz Japan but yeah, that seems to be it along with being one of Minamoto-no-Raikou's retainers. He's also apparently a popular Japanese Folklore hero too, so he could be like the Heracles of Japan with young kids and all that methinks.

So long as Simo is as insane as he is irl, I won’t mind cuz that stuff still fits right in with the rest of the cast. I don’t even know how they could make him a better sniper besides some wild accuracy feats (that are somehow beyond no scoping another sniper through their own scope despite getting spotted first).

I'm gonna guess is that his volund is that he'll be able to shoot you even if he can't see you, like you're behind him, with the same accuracy as if he was actually sitting and sniping

Damn... As much as I wanted Adam to live, I don't think it would of been as impactful. Hopefully we get Alt-timeline story

26e29e7.png

Back