• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

So you're saying it increases stats?
Also there's been a lot of discussion on downgrading the AP from city level or small country level based on some guy being the physical embodiment of a big lake, what do you guys think? Shouldn't Thor beating the world serpent count for a lot more than that? (Also can someone source me on that part, I seriously don't remember the world serpent being mentioned)
Yeah, I am a believer of it increases stats. Which explains the characters are able to survive blows and keep up with the gods, otherwise if it was just a weapon they would all be one-shot.

Yeah There is a discussion about AP being downgraded, idk too much about it. IIRC the argument this statement is unreliable because the person who said the statement is unreliable, but from the discussion all the characters that give us any statement about AP are unreliable... I could be wrong, but that's what I've gathered from the AP aspect of the discussion

It wasn't directly stated that Volunds don't increase stats. From the beginning it was believed that Volunds only grant a weapon, but later on it is releveled that Volund or Common Destiny is when the fusion of the two beings unleashes their full potential of the one as a whole being not only grants a weapon.

The Volund transforming into weapons is just them granting their most fitting weapon for battle. Like Lu Bu's spear, being he fights with it all the time when alive, Kojiro getting a katana, since he is a Samurai and fights with it, Adam getting knuckle dusters as he is a hands on brawler, Raiden Muscle tightening because of his bodies situation, and so on...
You mean in the current arc? Right then and there the humans were about to square off against gods without their volunds and Raiden was beating up Shiva even before releasing his 100 gates.

No, human strength can still harm then, like Raiden and Adam. It just has to be really, REALLY high. Sasaki Kojiro doesn’t really scale to them but with holy weapons he seems to.
I wouldn't say that about Kojiro honestly, I'd wager he very much does so with his ridiculous self improvement and training. He did fight Poseidon after all. Think of it a bit like Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, Dai can't really use normal weapons past a point with his dragonic aura because they can't handle that strength, yet later characters can still use non-orichalcon/-enchanted weapons at a higher strength level than Dai was at that point in time.

I wouldn't say that about Kojiro honestly, I'd wager he very much does so with his ridiculous self improvement and training. He did fight Poseidon after all. Think of it a bit like Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, Dai can't really use normal weapons past a point with his dragonic aura because they can't handle that strength, yet later characters can still use non-orichalcon/-enchanted weapons at a higher strength level than Dai was at that point in time.
Fair enough, honestly. That would make Kojiro potentially scale to Poseidon and Zeus in terms of physical abilities.

Fair enough, honestly. That would make Kojiro potentially scale to Poseidon and Zeus in terms of physical abilities.
That "potentially" there is part of the fun, this is a very hype based series so it is guaranteed to spark debate on who is the strongest and whatnot. Also a friend brought up Anubis vs Nostradamus, god of death vs man who can't die (apparently). Seems genius.

The gods haven't been using much in terms of elemental powers up to this point, Poseidon didn't really use the water, Zeus didn't use lightning (Thor did though, albeit through his strikes), I hope they mix it up even more with diverse powers later just to make it cooler. A few energy attacks here and there would do wonders.

Do you think Adam could qualify for Acrobatics, btw? He’s shown the ability to casually flip, like when he dodged Zeus’ Divine Axe.

QIN SHI HUANG DESIGN!!
[
SPOILER_00077.jpeg
SPOILER_00160.jpeg
]

The thing about physical stats is what I mean.

Like, the gods seem to be about equivalent with the strongest humans physically, but probably have some manner of Servant immunity to human weapons.

The thing I read the manga through is only up to ch. 39, though idk if there’s more after that rn, but it’s not looking good for Shiva

Like that teaser feels very stiff. Whole thing didn't feel right.
Shiva’s had his power of friendship buff, he’s brought out his op technique already, and he just got destroyed
You never know chief, our last fight was Jack the Ripper vs Heracles and I thought Jack was done several times over, even as he landed the killing blow there was a slight fake-out that Heracles was about to strike down Jack at the last second.

Like that teaser feels very stiff. Whole thing didn't feel right.

You never know chief, our last fight was Jack the Ripper vs Heracles and I thought Jack was done several times over, even as he landed the killing blow there was a slight fake-out that Heracles was about to strike down Jack at the last second.
Yeah, but that’s Jack. This is Shiva, I don’t think Shiva’s gonna pull some genius “I set this fight up from the start” bs lmao

Like, he only has 1 functioning arm left. His little ultimate dance technique gave him a temporary advantage, but overall it really didn’t do much.

Yeah, but that’s Jack. This is Shiva, I don’t think Shiva’s gonna pull some genius “I set this fight up from the start” bs lmao
Of course not, he's not a keikaku mastermind, I'm not saying that. But a reversal could happen at any point, never be too sure.

Of course not, he's not a keikaku mastermind, I'm not saying that. But a reversal could happen at any point, never be too sure.
true, I just see this fight playing out like Thor vs Lu Bu at this point, Thor (raiden) decides to go all out and starts blatantly overpowering and killing Lu Bu (Shiva)

I'll bet my life's savings that Tandava isn't Shiva's true trump card since it was only used to defeat Varuna, not the stronger gods like Brahma/Vishnu. Also, Shiva is still doing his God of Dance stuff but do remember that Dance was something he became god of later, from his birth, he's been God of Destruction and I believe he will turn to it now. Heimdall's introduction also called him God of Creation so a regrowth or replacement of his arms isn't completely off the table either, although that's like cheating so he hopefully won't do it.

I'll bet my life's savings that Tandava isn't Shiva's true trump card since it was only used to defeat Varuna, not the stronger gods like Brahma/Vishnu. Also, Shiva is still doing his God of Dance stuff but do remember that Dance was something he became god of later, from his birth, he's been God of Destruction and I believe he will turn to it now. Heimdall's introduction also called him God of Creation so a regrowth or replacement of his arms isn't completely off the table either, although that's like cheating so he hopefully won't do it.
Maybe. It’s just really not looking good for Shiva right now. Yatagarasu really just demolished him.

Guys, which would you rather for Christmas?

Shiva winning or Raiden winning?

Some might be disappointed with the answer...

[Shiva entires a new form. He does something to his heart which causes him to super heat, but no regen. However, it shortens his life while in it.

Raiden is feeling the effects of his body as well. Things happen and they clash, Shiva wins it.

Raiden admits defeat and tells his volund "thank you and to leave him" so she can live, but she chooses to stays with him to the end. Shiva stabs Raiden with a stick (apparently made of fire) and kills him, not before thanking him.

Winner is Shiva]

Merry Christmas, and YES!!! To all my ___ fans

[Shiva entires a new form. He does something to his heart which causes him to super heat, but no regen. However, it shortens his life while in it.

Raiden is feeling the effects of his body as well. Things happen and they clash, Shiva wins it.

Raiden admits defeat and tells his volund "thank you and to leave him" so she can live, but she chooses to stays with him to the end. Shiva stabs Raiden with a stick (apparently made of fire) and kills him, not before thanking him.

Winner is Shiva]

Merry Christmas, and YES!!! To all my ___ fans
is this real

Here are some of the scans. Also, the stick part might of been a mistranslation, either was its already the next record of raganrok meme.

Note: Not all of the leaks, just some I picked out

[
S__84500529.jpg
]

Last edited:
I haven't been keeping up with this thread but im just getting into the series. Couldn't we give Jack/Hercules a calc for Herc knocking over Big Ben in one blow?

I haven't been keeping up with this thread but im just getting into the series. Couldn't we give Jack/Hercules a calc for Herc knocking over Big Ben in one blow?
Likely wouldn't mean much as we know they already scale above Pre-Volund Lu Bu, doubt it would be above City Level anyways.

Back