• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Odin is also all about seeing stuff and Simo was doing everything he could to hide from everyone else out there.

Glad to see someone else recognises the brilliance of Simo vs Odin though. Everyone else I talk to always says Odin vs Leonidas and Apollo vs Simo. The first never made sense and the second seems so basic that it would only be done when the contestants lack a better alternative.

Odin vs Simo sounds really fun, but i’m curious as to how that’d work. Maybe they’ll have a special battlefield per Simo’s request, like Jack?

I'm curious how on Earth they're gonna exaggerate Simo's story.

I talked to a friend about it and he said "It'll have to be some bullshit. Maybe they'll say he killed 5,000 men instead of 500.
And the initial 500 were with one bullet"

Well, that was just water. I don’t really consider it a “unique arena”. A Tundra though sounds really cool
I mean still, it's a small arena surrounded by water, the point is they switched it up since then.
Also: WOOOOOOO GO RAIDEN TAMEEMON ******* MURDER THAT HINDU BITCH GO HUMANS WOOOOO

I have a feeling that Zeus will not be the only fighter on the Gods side who will have that level of strength, I actually have a feeling that Odin will be on Zeus's level as the father of Thor and ever since that scene where he scares the shit out of everyone and makes them kneel at once when even Zeus couldn't get everyone to quiet down. He has this aura of mystery to him too, being so quiet and barely saying much. If anyone is going to be on the level of Zeus it has to be Odin for sure.

Odin isn’t gonna be as much of a physic threat, but I assume his wisdom and expertise are his main power, though unlike let’s say Jack he is still a complete physical monster, I would assume only a bit below Thor.

The series DOES portray Zeus and Odin to be comparable, I’m reading the manga right now actually.

There’s a scene where Odin has an evil smile, then it shows flowers disintegrating around him. What ability could that warrant?

The few times they are shown together, such as in the little scene with Loki and Buddha, they seem to be comparable based on how they act around each other. It’s not much to go off of, but it’s something

Funny enough we now have three people that are probably around Zeus's level, not even counting Odin and maaayyybe Buddha. Heracles was described as possessing Zeus's strength, and Poseidon was the Zeus of the Seas.

Funny enough we now have three people that are probably around Zeus's level, not even counting Odin and maaayyybe Buddha. Heracles was described as possessing Zeus's strength, and Poseidon was the Zeus of the Seas.
Doesn’t that put Kojirou at Zeus’ level as well since, y’know, Poseidon got killed by him?

Doesn’t that put Kojirou at Zeus’ level as well since, y’know, Poseidon got killed by him?
Possibly, his Thousand Image Defense is ridiculously overpowered and I don't think people realize just how much that is. I actually saw his vs battles page first before reading the series and I was waiting for the part that implied he was so weak compared to the rest and it just never happened, seriously why tf do they have him like that because Poseidon parted some water.

Really hope those revamped skill threads end up working out. I may end up becoming the new Kojirou voucher, which would be fun.
Literally how could anyone beat him in a game of skill, he's 1000 steps ahead of you, even Jack the Ripper's keikaku powers pale in comparison.
Also let's not lie to ourselves, by the time this series is over, we'll have had thousands if not more debates on who the strongest truly was.

I’m pretty sure all the contestants are supposed to scale above that 1 random no-name god that sustains the river of Ganges, and that’s like a country level feat. Maybe that was an old thread that I didn’t see the end to, but yeah.

Yeah the point of the new threads wouldn't necessarily be to rank them. Because those debates will never end, and will never be fun as long as c e r t a i n p e o p l e are determined to ruin them.

Just to discuss them and how cool they are. Kojirou will always be one of the greatest contenders though.

Poseidon is pretty much supposed to scale to Zeus, so I really don’t see why Kojirou would struggle much with someone like Heracles.

True, I just mean that a solid hit from Heracles might seriously hurt Kojirou.

He's not gonna ****** hit him though
Sure but I would have faith he'd win out with that sword of his. Speaking of Kojirou (and Okita Souji), they were ready to throw down with gods even without volund, I don't like to believe volund enhances their stats to the point to stand a chance, sort of takes away from it a lot. I think volund is more so that their weapons can survive strikes against godly material.

I figured Kojirou and Hrist had just been hanging out since then, so he could still equip her. Okita probably just doesn't know about Volunds yet.

Sure but I would have faith he'd win out with that sword of his. Speaking of Kojirou (and Okita Souji), they were ready to throw down with gods even without volund, I don't like to believe volund enhances their stats to the point to stand a chance, sort of takes away from it a lot. I think volund is more so that their weapons can survive strikes against godly material.
Isn’t it like, DIRECTLY STATED that Volund don’t increase their stats, just gives them a holy weapon which is capable of hurting gods?

Isn’t it like, DIRECTLY STATED that Volund don’t increase their stats, just gives them a holy weapon which is capable of hurting gods?
It might have stated that they do but I sincerely hope they don't. I much prefer the idea of humans going toe to toe against gods through their own strength, it's so much cooler that way.

It might have stated that they do but I sincerely hope they don't. I much prefer the idea of humans going toe to toe against gods through their own strength, it's so much cooler that way.
Wait, yeah, Brunhilde says that the god’s CHEAT is their holy weapons, which make human weapons look like paper. The characters really ARE that physically power, it’s just that they need a holy weapon to do anything. Unless their raw strength REALLY scales that high.

I literally have the manga online, it’s not stated anywhere that the Volund directly increases their stats. Just that a holy weapon is needed to fight the gods and their weapons.

It wasn't directly stated that Volunds don't increase stats. From the beginning it was believed that Volunds only grant a weapon, but later on it is releveled that Volund or Common Destiny is when the fusion of the two beings unleashes their full potential of the one as a whole being not only grants a weapon.

The Volund transforming into weapons is just them granting their most fitting weapon for battle. Like Lu Bu's spear, being he fights with it all the time when alive, Kojiro getting a katana, since he is a Samurai and fights with it, Adam getting knuckle dusters as he is a hands on brawler, Raiden Muscle tightening because of his bodies situation, and so on...

It wasn't directly stated that Volunds don't increase stats. From the beginning it was believed that Volunds only grant a weapon, but later on it is releveled that Volund or Common Destiny is when the fusion of the two beings unleashes their full potential of the one as a whole being not only grants a weapon.

The Volund transforming into weapons is just them granting their most fitting weapon for battle. Like Lu Bu's spear, being he fights with it all the time when alive, Kojiro getting a katana, since he is a Samurai and fights with it, Adam getting knuckle dusters as he is a hands on brawler, Raiden Muscle tightening because of his bodies situation, and so on...
So you're saying it increases stats?
Also there's been a lot of discussion on downgrading the AP from city level or small country level based on some guy being the physical embodiment of a big lake, what do you guys think? Shouldn't Thor beating the world serpent count for a lot more than that? (Also can someone source me on that part, I seriously don't remember the world serpent being mentioned)

It’s stated when he uses his “ultimate technique” against Lu Bu the first time, when Lu Bu blocks it and counters him.

Back