• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Lu Bu uses his sky splitting attack, Adam dodges to the side, turns his arm into a blade, and severely injures Lu Bu

Adam has control over his body. It’s not unlikely that he could do that.

I am really curious on how Adam fights against people with weapons, the best we got is him offing someone with a weapon off screen.

Adam doesn’t necessarily have to copy with EotL so he would just bop them with his hands. This also matches up with knuckle dusters being his most suited weapon.

I could see him pulling off Sky Eater with a kick or something. Good old razor sharp anime limbs.
He could do it with nails too, since he’s been shown to be able to make his body parts change, like when he copied that one Lizard Dude’s attack and cut him to bits with his claws

Can he use previously copied abilities against later opponents? Like, he never used Snek Mode again.

So it could be that he'd actually have some trouble against Heracles because his abilities come from deeds and items instead of himself.

I don’t know, honestly. He can “copy any technique or ability adam sees” and they do technically qualify as techniques/abilities

Herc's got the closest shot out of all the fighters so far honestly.

Poseidon and Lu Bu get bulldozed. Kojiro might hold his own briefly. Thor can't possibly hit him. Jack gets AP stomped, and his tricks probably can't hit Adam. Raiden and Shiva get copy-stomped

Herc's got the closest shot out of all the fighters so far honestly.

Poseidon and Lu Bu get bulldozed. Kojiro might hold his own briefly. Thor can't possibly hit him. Jack gets AP stomped, and his tricks probably can't hit Adam. Raiden and Shiva get copy-stomped
Kojiro could definitely hold his own for a while, but this implies Adam would start the fight, and neither of these characters really start fights. Since Poseidon was supposed to be comparable at least to Zeus, Kojiro could definitely hold his own against Adam for a while. Thor just gets dodged then 1 shot, Jack loses like instantly, Raiden and Shiva get demolished.

Herc also gets speed stomped by Adam since he couldn’t react to some of Jack’s attacks we we all know the difference there.

That's a very good point. And Jack recurving his knives probably can't slip past the Eyes, considering that they've dodged pretty much the most undodgeable thing in the verse.

Could Thousand Image Defense be copied, since it seems to be something completely internal? It's not like an attack or a physical attribute like Jack's emotion sight, it's completely isolated to within Kojiro's mind.

Definitely not. It’s not something Adam can see with his eyes. At least the Time Punch needed Zeus to get into a stance, power up and everything. TDI would just be learning what your opponent can/would do for each action you would take.

Has anyone thought to calculate Sasaki Kojiro scanning ALL OF CREATION at once? Seems like it would be do-able as a speed feat.

...I guess since it was stated by the omniscient narrator, it can work... it just sounds very weird for a speed feat tbh

idk but he’s apparently gonna be updated to 6-B at least since there’s a random nobody god that sustains the Ganges river and that scales to everybody else shown

...I guess since it was stated by the omniscient narrator, it can work... it just sounds very weird for a speed feat tbh
I can understand that, but it sounds similar to Lucifer Morningstar's feat of perceiving time. Should be simple enough though, he extended his perception out to every single thing within the blink of an eye, may even count for more than one universe for all we know. Also I am of the opinion he should at least be roughly comparable to Lu Bu and Thor, I think Thor ought to be used as the basis for most of the gods and lol that'd mean planet level jack the ripper.

It is stated to be “All Of Creation” which at least involves the normal universe, heaven, and the garden of eden, though we don’t know how big heaven and the garden of eden are

The human I am most interested in seeing fight is Simo Häyhä, of all people they decide to choose a ******* SNIPER. Also he'd be the most recent in history to pick out. He was born in 1905 and only died as recently as 2002. I'd love to see how a Volund GUN would work.

Simo "Simuna" Häyhä was a Finnish military sniper. He used a Finnish-produced M/28-30, a variant of the Mosin–Nagant rifle, and a Suomi KP/-31 submachine gun. Häyhä is believed to have killed over 500 men during the 1939–40 Winter War, the one of the highest number of sniper kills in any major war.

Oh wow, this already sounds interesting for the character. Maybe his Volund will be like that one dude from Bleach, how his bullets can’t be stopped till they reach the target? Probably completely wrong but yeah it’s an idea

Simo "Simuna" Häyhä was a Finnish military sniper. He used a Finnish-produced M/28-30, a variant of the Mosin–Nagant rifle, and a Suomi KP/-31 submachine gun. Häyhä is believed to have killed over 500 men during the 1939–40 Winter War, the one of the highest number of sniper kills in any major war.

Oh wow, this already sounds interesting for the character. Maybe his Volund will be like that one dude from Bleach, how his bullets can’t be stopped till they reach the target? Probably completely wrong but yeah it’s an idea
An interesting fact about the man is he blatantly avoided using scopes, he knew that sunlight could reflect off of the glass and reveal their location. He would even do things like have a mouth full of snow to disguise his breathing (something he'd also take advantage of with other people with his sniping). At one point he got shot in the face and still killed the man who did it, so post-retirement photographs of him show his mouth looking rather off to say the least lol.

An interesting fact about the man is he blatantly avoided using scopes, he knew that sunlight could reflect off of the glass and reveal their location. He would even do things like have a mouth full of snow to disguise his breathing (something he'd also take advantage of with other people with his sniping). At one point he got shot in the face and still killed the man who did it, so post-retirement photographs of him show his mouth looking rather off to say the least lol.
What the hell?

This is about to be a fun fight.

I look forward to seeing who he’s up against.

Ok yeah, the world’s greatest sniper, I can see why he’d be put in a fight.
The Soviets were so terrified of this guy that they would evacuate out of any area he was suspected to be in and then they would carpet bomb his general area with artillery.

This is the irl equivalent of a team calling an airstrike on a camped sniper in Call of Duty, except Simo never got hit a single time until near the end of the war when artillery finally hit him, but it only managed to knock him out. While he was unconscious and recovering, the war was over.

The Soviets were so terrified of this guy that they would evacuate out of any area he was suspected to be in and then they would carpet bomb his general area with artillery.

This is the irl equivalent of a team calling an airstrike on a camped sniper in Call of Duty, except Simo never got hit a single time until near the end of the war when artillery finally hit him, but it only managed to knock him out. While he was unconscious and recovering, the war was over.
Literally just sounds like a better contestant for Ragnarok with every bit of info I learn about him

I would assume that he’s up against Apollo.
I am kinda interested to see what the artist makes of Artemis and likely the other gods showing up at that hypothetical fight.

I would assume that he’s up against Apollo.
I am kinda interested to see what the artist makes of Artemis and likely the other gods showing up at that hypothetical fight.
Apollo is the easy answer for an opponent if you're simply going for a marksman vs marksman fight. Thematically, Odin fits a lot better. Imo, Nostradamus is a better opponent for Apollo in a future prediction based fight.

Odin is a huntsman, as is Simo. Odin's gungnir never misses, Simo is pretty darn accurate. Simo needs the snow to be effective in, after the Jack incident, the only opponent who would be fine with fighting in snow is Odin since he's from Scandinavia. Simo trained his sniping skills by shooting ravens while defending his farm crops, guess who has not one but two ravens. Both had lasting injuries on their faces from wars, Odin losing his eye, Simo losing his jaw. In the actual mythic version of Ragnarok, Odin gets killed by Fenrir, Simo's shown alongside a doggo in his official reveal. Chekhov's Gun?

Last edited:
Back