• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

AnonymousBlank said:
I'm just wondering what madlad shit they can pull for this match. Thor and Lu Bu were just flexing, Adam vs Zeus was Sharingan against raw stats, Kojiro and Poseidon was Uber precog and skill, and Jack vs Herc was different applications of raw strength vs rat tactics. This looks like it's gonna be two strong guys going pure hth grappling and dropping combos on each other.
Unstoppable Force VS Immovable Object

I know it’s a necro and all but do we have a new discussion thread for RoR cuz I can’t find one. Gotta have somewhere to talk about the chapters.

I dunno what to think rn. On one hand, Shiva already used his Rudra dance, has one arm left, Raiden went all out, used a special move and left Shiva’s face caved in which really makes me think that he won.

On the other hand, the match wasn’t called despite being the perfect time to do it, Shiva isn’t dead yet, he is the main god we’ve been seen besides the Greeks and Loki, the humans will take the lead with 3 fights in a row despite being the underdogs, and the red marks of Raiden’s Volund were going white when he used Yatagarasu which never happened before.

I get the feeling he is gonna suffer some drawback that screws him over and let’s Shiva keep fighting cuz this cliffhanger doesn’t make sense to have rn unless Shiva is gonna concede or something.

There's gotta be more to this than Raiden just using up a special move. Plus it seems like whatever happened when he used Yatagarasu turning his red mark to white may end up some kind of red flag for him.

I don't know, the fight seems like it can go anywhere but it looks like Raiden's in the lead now with this and am curious where this will go from there.

One mistake I notice in every fighting manga is that once fighters get the upper hand they don't immediately make a follow up to their moves.
Raiden should just keep pounding until Shiva is dead if he wants that juicy dub.

Last edited:
Damn u rite. Adam must have had the biggest brain play in mind when he let Zeus spend half their match powering up instead of bopping him an infinite number of times.

tbh I just kinda want to move on to another match

this fight's been okay so far, I was excited at first because it was Shiva but the fight just hasn't been that interesting compared to the previous ones

this one is just like a brawl of users with different fist fighting techniques so far, though I haven’t kept up past when Shiva got his arm grabbed and crushed by Raiden

Raiden kinda looks like the victor based on what’s been said so far though

I feel like Raiden has the same problem as Lu Bu. Like, he's decently cool. He just isn't nearly cool enough to measure up to Adam, Kojiro, or Jack. Shiva also is alright but he's nowhere near the level of Heracles and doesn't have the same chemistry with Raiden that the other gods had with their opponents.

I feel like Raiden has the same problem as Lu Bu. Like, he's decently cool. He just isn't nearly cool enough to measure up to Adam, Kojiro, or Jack. Shiva also is alright but he's nowhere near the level of Heracles and doesn't have the same chemistry with Raiden that the other gods had with their opponents.
Yeah, I can see this. Raiden really just... isn’t that likable, and doesn’t seem to be that enjoyable, though I personally haven’t kept up with this fight.

Jack is my personal favorite, I’ve always had an affinity for tricky, intelligent characters who aren’t against playing like scumbags for the sake of a fight, or just for the sake of fun.

If you know me on this website you probably know that I'm a big fan of characters who hit above their weight class and pull off crazy stunts via sheer skill so I'm personally a big fan of Kojiro. Plus him being such a good lad and having such an endearing and cool backstory really won me over.

Jack is also insanely cool though. The trickery he can pull of is super interesting to watch and I adore his design and his aesthetic. It's probably my favorite design in the series by a slight margin (though the series in general has phenomenal designs for everyone)

Anyone reading female Record of Ragnarok?

And when I say female Record, I really mean Female Record,

Historical figures being brought by higher powers to fight in arena watched by the rest of humanity.

There’s a female version of RoR?

Cuz I was trying to find that out of curiosity but since nobody put the name or anything, couldn’t find shit.

There’s a female version of RoR?

Cuz I was trying to find that out of curiosity but since nobody put the name or anything, couldn’t find shit.
Majo Taisen

Basically, Demons grab historical female figures, putting them into an arena to fight to the death for the greed/desires. Once being summoned, the historical figures become witches, which gives them magic.

Differences from record are that their looks to one actual main character and the combatants list is bigger, (32 to be exact)

Also I can't remember which, but either one of the authors or the artists from RoR is working on the series (Pretty sure its the artist)

Could Sasaki Kojirou have Limited Power Mimicry for copying “immense strength”?

It says he uses all of the techniques from people he’s fought, and one of them listed is “immense strength”.
This could either be Limited Power Mimicry, or him somehow copying a technique that allows him to amp his physical strength. There’s not much else I can see this being.

Fun fact: Qin is going to have two different looks. The way he is depicted in RoR is going to be different from the one in Lu Bu manga.

Both the one in RoR and the Lu Bu manga are the same person but I guess as both series have different artist which caused the change. I'll try find the original tweet

Well, he has Reactive Evolution for getting stronger/faster as time goes on.

I’m pointing this out specifically since it says he copied a fighter’s immense strength, though this could just be a comparison. I still can see Limited Power Mimicry though.

I mean over time like, between fights. He can copy stuff but is only shown doing so in his own time via training.

I'm desperately hoping he starts busting out Poseidon's moves later.

I mean over time like, between fights. He can copy stuff but is only shown doing so in his own time via training.

I'm desperately hoping he starts busting out Poseidon's moves later.
Dude that would genuinely be extremely sick.

Since Ragnarok is a tournament, he could potentially get another fight...? That would be amazing.

He pulls out 40 day flood against Zeus in a 2nd set of battles o-o

I hope people get to fight again. I wanna see how they could possibly top themselves.

Also desperately hoping people can come back to life, but I'll certainly understand if they don't.

I hope people get to fight again. I wanna see how they could possibly top themselves.

Also desperately hoping people can come back to life, but I'll certainly understand if they don't.
Loser’s bracket comes up and the winner of the loser’s bracket gets to rejoin the tournament

Oof that would be awesome but painful.

Like, who the **** am I gonna root for if it comes down to Adam vs Heracles
I see Poseidon making it to the end more than Heracles, but that means either Lu Bu or Adam would’ve had to kill Heracles beforehand. Or Heracles would kill Lu Bu, then fight Adam, because Adam is 100% beating Poseidon.

I could see Heracles potentially pulling through against Poseidon. He's got tricks we haven't seen yet and I'd wager his will could get him pretty far since Poseidon is a one-trick pony. If Heracles can take the hits Poseidon is done.

I could see Heracles potentially pulling through against Poseidon. He's got tricks we haven't seen yet and I'd wager his will could get him pretty far since Poseidon is a one-trick pony. If Heracles can take the hits Poseidon is done.
I wasn’t imagining the Gods fighting the Gods and vice versa, but that actually sounds even cooler. Poseidon vs Heracles is also a really cool sounding fight, though that would likely mean, at least right now, Adam vs Lu Bu. We all know what happens there. Lmao

Back