• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reaction to Universal OPM

Saitama at this point is basically a punching bag in the vs debating community despite the fact that the entire point of his character is to be overpowered lol. But what would your reaction be if he actually does a universal feat later in the series?

I think it's fairly accepted that he isn't passing tier 5 at this point or even tier 6 by people with atleast some rudimentary knowledge on tiering system lol.
We have stuff like rewind rumble constantly putting saitama in spite matches and in the G+ days putting him in stomp matches just to get a kick out of opm fans was the in thing @Ionliosite

Well, to be complety fair, he would also be able solo several verses, and least go pretty far when it comes to gauntlets.

And if he gets some notably MFTL+ feats, the number franchises can dramatically increases.

So yeah, I think he can get pretty far, the only issue would be other Universal chars and above (Which are not as many compared to the ones that are not).

>basically a punching bag in the vs debating community

If you check reddit's recent Saitama threads, you'll see a dude spamming "sO SaItAmA hAs InfInItE pOtEnTiAl, So He'S pRoBabLy HyPeRvErSaL aT lEaSt AnD cAn BeCoMe OuTeRvErSaL" and whatever. So if he ends up Universal, most people that are giddy OPM fans would interpret that as Saitama being beyond multi-outerhyperinfinitesuggsversal while the rest tries to correct them or ignore them.

For Saitama to stop being a punching bag, his enemies must acquire a variety of abilities. For example, they must have matter/reality manipulation, and Saitama will not be affected by them (due to the plot). As a result, Saitama will acquire many resistances.

As long as you can assure that you can get the kill, which AP and range help with, resistances many times can be way more effective than hax.

Which is why Xeno-Goku has way more potential than normal Goku for a good track record. Dumb DB escalation shenanigans, metric ton of resistances to one-shotty stuff, and a lot of range plus shit like teleport. Deadly combo.

Not really, Xeno Goku is still a punching bag in Tier 2. Resistances only help so much in Tier 2 where stuff like Abstract Existence, Large Size, Acausality 5, smurfs, and unique Haxes few resist is aplenty. He even lost to Bill Ciper

I was thinking the same thing @Phoenks
It would fit his character as well. Like I really couldn't imagine saitama using something like concept manipulation, it'd make more sense if he was resistant to that stuff while having a high AP

I think it's fairly accepted that he isn't passing tier 5 at this point or even tier 6 by people with atleast some rudimentary knowledge on tiering system lol.
We have stuff like rewind rumble constantly putting saitama in spite matches and in the G+ days putting him in stomp matches just to get a kick out of opm fans was the in thing
I've constantly seen Saitama being called one of the strongest anime characters of all times and I've seen him stomp Goku, so idk about you.

I'd be bored out of my mind and even less inclined to read OPM.
It'd feel like it'd being throwing a wrench into what OPM is and what its supposed to be. Which to me is the embodiment of throwing a wrench into standard shonen.

Coming from someone whos barely read it though.

I've constantly seen Saitama being called one of the strongest anime characters of all times and I've seen him stomp Goku, so idk about you.
Yea but all those claims come from a normies perspective who has no rudimentary knowledge about fallacies or the tiering system hence why I said in the vs debating community.

The only place you'd see saitama stomping goku are in non research shows or guys who think the title of a show means the character is omnipotent i.e a casual audience, I'd be very surprised if you haven't seen saitama spited in the vs debating community

Last edited:
I'd be bored out of my mind and even less inclined to read OPM.
It'd feel like it'd being throwing a wrench into what OPM is and what its supposed to be. Which to me is the embodiment of throwing a wrench into standard shonen.

Coming from someone whos barely read it though.
I dont understand...you'd be bored because they're making a character more OP? I mean opm nowadays doesn't seem to focus on saitama that much but more so the other heroes. He's a flat character at this point so him getting a random universal feat wouldn't affect the narrative that much.

>basically a punching bag in the vs debating community

If you check reddit's recent Saitama threads, you'll see a dude spamming "sO SaItAmA hAs InfInItE pOtEnTiAl, So He'S pRoBabLy HyPeRvErSaL aT lEaSt AnD cAn BeCoMe OuTeRvErSaL" and whatever.
I just saw this comment oof. Got a link?

He's a flat character but again theres a point where doing that can can start to hurt the series as a whole if they can't handle it properly. Power Creep you know.

He's a flat character but again theres a point where doing that can can start to hurt the series as a whole if they can't handle it properly. Power Creep you know.
Power creep wouldn't affect the series unless this power creep would apply to other characters. Like there's a 100% chance if saitama appears the enemy is gonna get negged, his tier wouldn't affect that at all lol.

Well, tbf there wasn't any outerversal there. Probably a different thread.

But that isn't them saying saitama is low complex multiversal, it's just a faulty speculation that he might be stronger than his current feats show so there's potential he could beat anos (which isn't even wrong if I'm being honest). I wouldn't call this wank since they are treating this claim like a theory (albeit a very shitty one) as opposed to that fact that it will happen or something. If anything this image just seems like they're downplaying anos (specifically speed) to give saitama the W

Last edited:
Actually nvm the speed part. I checked vsbw's page and turns out saitama is faster than him. Oof

Yeah...I've never seen actual versus debating communities having saitama be much better in fights than we treat him here...Except maybe giving him higher AP and speed.
From what I’ve seen most communities outside of versus debating seem to believe he’s completely invincible and can defeat anyone and anything with one punch.

Whenever I find this up, I just point out that by that logic Bugs Bunny can't lose, it works way more often than expected.

Versus debating Saitama- fodder that gets beaten by anyone with dura neg hax
Normie anime community Saitama - Anime memetic chuck norris

Back