• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:adding Resistance to Time Stop and Updating Hit's Range | Dragon Ball Super Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bait, right? You're just trying to goof up the thread, aren't you?
What I meant was that in many cases Hax can be resisted by sheer AP and not because of the character having resistance to it.
Anyway, I agree with goku having resistance to time stop/manip. Hit in his second fight withgoku said that he won't be using time skip on goku even though he did stopped time against that mafia boss. This is a clear indication that Goku resists time skip/stop.

Right after this scene hit confronted goku and goku told him to use his time skip ability and hit refused. This means that Hit believed Time Skip/Stop won't work on goku.

Right after this scene hit confronted goku and goku told him to use his time skip ability and hit refused. This means that Hit believed Time Skip/Stop won't work on goku.
Just a statement with no feat and it could mean many things on context, and again even if this true, only Goku from ToP onward have resistance

Hit: "This is goodbye."
Goku: "Your attack won't work on me anymore!"
Hit: "Do I look so charitable that I'd use Time-Skip on you again?"
Goku: "I see. Tryin' the same thing as before might be painful again, huh?"
Hit: "There'll be no pain."
The clip is here.
Hit's response indicates that Hit is confident he could use Time-Skip on Goku, in spite of Goku's claims...
and then immediately after, he used the tides of time, a variation of time-skip.

The clip is here.
Hit's response indicates that Hit is confident he could use Time-Skip on Goku, in spite of Goku's claims...
and then immediately after, he used the tides of time, a variation of time-skip.
Here "Charitable" likely means that timeskip would be too easy for goku to counter if hit decides to use it.
Depend on the interpretation though.
Anyway, if U6 Arc goku can't get time resistance then at least TOP Goku should have it.

Nope, not only Ki exists in DB, Magic too, people seems to always forget that.
Yea, but Magic is its own can of beans that has yet to be explained as "thoroughly" as Ki.

I put thoroughly in quotations, because there is still a lot about Ki that has been unexplained like how you can use it to create fire, ice, and electricity or how it ties into creating balls of light and radiation from the moon. But this is irrelevant.

Yea, but Magic is its own can of beans that has yet to be explained as "thoroughly" as Ki.

I put thoroughly in quotations, because there is still a lot about Ki that has been unexplained like how you can use it to create fire, ice, and electricity or how it ties into creating balls of light and radiation from the moon. But this is irrelevant.
I have never seen anyone be able to create ice in canon DB, Dabura's fire thing is Magic based, just as his stone spit. And yeah, the electricity thing from Master Roshi and Zamasu is weird tho.

Hakai only works on people who are weaker than it. Moro's absorption only works on people who are slower than it. Did you see the pattern?
AP and speed>Hax. So lets remove all resistances from DB characters.
Hakai was shown to be resisted simply for being stronger. Same goes for Hit's abilities

Moro's point is outright false though. SSG Vegeta was much stronger than Old Moro and he got drained easily

If AP and Speed > DB haxes, then it's a weakness of these haxes, not due to an actual resistance

Hakai was shown to be resisted simply for being stronger. Same goes for Hit's abilities

Moro's point is outright false though. SSG Vegeta was much stronger than Old Moro and he got drained easily

If AP and Speed > DB haxes, then it's a weakness of these haxes, not due to an actual resistance
Wouldn't Moro hax be an exception for power > hax thing?

Going over this it seems the main argument against this is just a fallacy of composition, just because some hax are overpowered by raw strength doesn’t mean all of them are.

Going over this it seems the main argument against this is just a fallacy of composition, just because some hax are overpowered by raw strength doesn’t mean all of them are.
While this is correct, Hit's haxes, which is what argued here, follows this rule of AP > hax

While I’m neutral on if it’s just a weakness of the ability or a resistance to the ability, I’m pretty sure it’s implied that Jiren was bypassing Hit’s abilities through pure strength

image0.png

No you and this wiki treats hax as NFL. Dragon Ball doesn't.

No you and this wiki treats hax as NFL. Dragon Ball doesn't.
So no proof then?

And also hax is literally an ability that ignore AP and allows characters to win regardless of AP (for example, Light Yagami can kill Goku just by writing his name on the Death Note, despite Light being a normal human otherwise).

It's just that in DB many of the haxes (I said many, not ALL) rely on AP so they don't work against stronger opponents. Characters don't normally resist hax for being stronger unless explicably said so, and this would imply that the hax has a weakness of failing against stronger opponents

Death Note only works in Humans
Oh. Didn't knew that

Well it was just an example. You can just as well say that about any hax that ignores durability.

That said, Light CAN affect the U6 Mr. Satan from DBH I guess. He is still a human despite being 2-A

I just thought about Light first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back