• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Range of Infinity Gauntlet (Classic)

" Events that have drawn together the most powerful abstracts and physicals include confronting the Beyonder when the entity threatened to eliminate the concept of death in the event that came to be known as the Secret Wars II; acting against Thanos' possession of the Infinity Gauntlet, and to dispose of the Infinity Gauntlet after Thanos' defeat. Magus, Adam Warlock's evil half, used M-Bodies from the Dimension of Manifestations to assume the appearance and dark side of many of Earth's super heroes, and dispatched them to hunt and replace their other selves. Most of these doppelgangers were rendered inert by Galactus, although some such as Hellspaw, Malice, Moonshade, and the Spider-Doppelganger evaded destruction for a time.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Dimension_of_Manifestations#ixzz5203YaWMr

=> IG can work on Dimension of Manifestion, so how the hell could it be Universal Range? And during the "Infinity War", Adam brought it to Dimension of Manifestion (On Panel) and IG worked normally. Dude, you must seperate Infinity Gauntlet (Classic) from The Current shit Globe. And btw, "Ultraverse" is from a different "Megaverse", and Rune used IG (Classic) in that place ( https://imgur.com/a/I9TXX ).

The Gauntlet has been firmly established as usually working only in the universe of its origin, within Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four and Avengers runs. Sorry. It doesn't particularly make sense, but that is typical for Marvel.

That's why I think you should seperate the Infinity Gauntlet into 2 Keys: Classic / Post-Retcon.

+ The Classic One had so many feats that proved it could work outside of Earth-616 and its range was Multiversal+ and higher

Firstly, Thanos even affected the Beyond-Realm aka a place which's beyond the Multiverse

Secondly, Adam Warlock's Gauntlet worked perfectly on Overspace - a place which is beyond Time-Space/ Multiverse too

Thirdly, Thanos's Gauntlet worked perfectly on Dimension of Manifestions ( My scan above ) - a place which is beyond Time-Space/ Multiverse too

Fourthly, during the Ultraforce/Avengers arc. Loki was going to use the Gauntlet in Ultraforce - a Local Multiverse; and Rune used them perfectly ( Until Nemesis interfered )

Fifthly, Magus with the Gauntlet easily affected even his Universe from future and merged it with Earth-616. And there was only one Gauntlet through the Multiverse ( That's why Magus had to time travel )

=> The Classic One had so much proof confirmed that it was definitely not Universal Range

+ If u checked this carefully, the Post-Retcon Gauntlet was confirmed to be Universal Range in Avengers and Hickman's Fantastic Four ( Two comics portrayed Gauntlet to be a....... Universal Weapon and even didn't have any feats above Universal+. And Gauntlets are even below the Mad Celestials lol. Classic IG even stomped the Eternity who created Celestials, and now 3 Gauntlets are far below Mad Celestials. Why can't you see the Retcon of this Globe ? <(") )

=> That's some points about Gauntlet's range, and I'm pretty sure that Gauntlet could be High Hyperversal, but we will discuss about its attack potency later

Overspace was established much later, and neither it or the dimension of manifestations are beyond the entirety of the multiverse as far as I am aware.

In any case, this is an old thread, and I do not have the time and energy for this discussion. We usually try to make sense of all the appearances into some form of coherence, which means that the range is kept at Universal, but Matthew will likely revise the Gauntlet statistics eventually.

Even if it wasn't beyond Multiverse, it would probably be outside Eternity 616 and other Abstracts ( Eternity 616 held Universes in his hand )

=> Infinity Gauntlet can work outside Eternity 616, but somehow it " was only Universal Range and only could be used inside Earth-616 " because Hickman nerfed them all ?

Well, again, we are usually trying to evaluate all of the statistcs for character histories into a cohesive whole, not use several of them, except in a few rare cases.

I think it means that the Gauntlet can be used in its origiinating universe, and all of the connected timelines, sub dimensions, paralllel dimensions, that the originating universe connects to. Somewhat like a mini-multiverse.

Basically it will stop working in a universe that's either completely different (like the DC universe) or in a parallel marvel universe that already has its own Infinity Gauntlet.

Back