• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Already asked. Most don't care. Tllmbrg gave his input a while ago and said deletion is reasonable(maybe he changed his mind, idk) Most others don't really care (the ones I asked). Mr Bambu said you couldn't torture him to participate in these threads(lmao) but said if a lot of scans are missing and the issue isn't resolved it can get removed. Zaratthustra said something about official translations but didn't say if the profiles are good or bad. So yeah, I guess we wait for more staff input. Preferably in this thread: https://vsbattles.com/threads/rakudai-kishi-no-cavalry-scan-and-general-improvement-crt.137795/

Going to be straight, looking at all the profiles. Scans actually are needed. Like with the amount of abilities that are on their profiles, you actually do need scans on all of them. And I see you have some profiles which have powers from Blazer Physiology, and in those cases, you link the Blazer Physiology page under the Powers and Ability section, then delete the redundancies on the profile to not over-inflate them.

Didn't this get shot down like twice by now?
I dunno

The particular numbers just seem entirely arbitrary and create narratively nonsensical comparisons, such as a 3x difference in reaction time completely shutting down a general stat boost of dozens of times

But as I've mentioned, I no longer care

No. That's not good enough. And if doesn't have all the scans at all. The feats aren't even listed in the profile itself, they're on a separate page and what more they're just quotes in a blog, we normally want scans directly of the text itself.

So those scans for all the powers need to be integrated into the P&A section in my opinion.

1. Sword Eater

2. (shrug)
Yeah Sword Eater makes things kind of complicated. Also, what about the MHS+ scaling itself? Didn't base Ikki barely keep up with Renren, only catching her when she was in a certain range(even hurting his own arm really badly trying to catch her)? Now, it's been a while since I've read all the first 4 volumes but this is how I see things:
Base Ikki: Mach 2
Ittou Shura: Mach 40
Ittou Reatsu: Mach 400
(Correctly if I'm wrong though)

Also seems like staff agree actual scand are needed, so yeah.

Stella keep up with mikoto's ice magic

Feats :
The light in Mikoto's eyes instantly turned to magic.

Along her line of sight, sword-like pillars of ice burst out along the ground as they crossed the space between her and Stella, as though she intended to freeze it all.

Once again, Tsuruya goes on the offensive, launching attack after attack of Satin Ice at Stella, who for her part is staying out of her vision! The Crimson Princess' mobility, too, is top-notch! Yet, why is she dodging this desperately? Satin Ice was easy meat for Empress Dress previously!

It's...not the same as before. The technique itself is several times stronger. See, as far as I know, the Icy Sneer is only able to freeze a spherical space about 3 meters in diameter at the focal point of her vision. But right now, she is freezing everything in sight. The power of her Noble Art is now on a whole new level. That she had been hiding such an ace up her sleeve...shocking. A Noble Art like this might just be able to freeze the Crimson Princess' flames!

Even as Muroto spoke thus, the chance Mikoto had been waiting for arrived.

Stella had been keep up with swift steps, but she was hard-pressed to continue keep up a Noble Art that could reach lightspeed. The more she dodged desperately, the more her situational awareness waned, till she was hemmed in on either side by the walls of ice created by Satin Ice. (Vol 6)

Ice magic's mikoto have attack speed at least speed of light

Feats :
The magic he cast from the monocle - a rare sight among Devices - was one that could instantly reduce the temperature from the selected area in his vision to Absolute Zero.

"Ice Satin!"

A dazzling light wrapped in a cold, sharp shroud shot out from the monocle.

The specialty of this magic is that it immediately triggers the moment it focuses on the target. In other words, this magic travels at the effective speed of light. (Vol 6)

The base Stella here has sol. And so when she used her dragon spirit, all of her states would be amped by several tens of times. we take 30x according to the standard on the wiki means Stella 30c or ftl+ with dragon spirit

Feats :
As such, it was natural that the power output would be different.

Currently, Stella's physical ability was several tens of times greater than before. (Vol 8)

And ouma (Ikki's older brother) here is faster than Stella with dragon spirit

Feats :
"............!"

The white blade swung from the position after his body twisted to the limit fell onto Stella without a sound.

Despite just one strike, different from Ikki's Blade Steal, Ouma's Amaterasu, which had truly reached Twin-Wings's territory, exceeded the limit of reaction even for Stella with dragon's power dwelling inside her, Ryuuzume cut Stella's body diagonally. (Vol 8)

And here it looks like Ikki can't follow ouma but actually he can be faster than ouma and make ouma smile

Feats :
Oho!! Kurogane has taken off! He isn't wasting any time! And he's fast!!"

"He is a knight with limited range. He has to bring the fight into his domain if anything is to happen. This was the obvious choice to make, but…"Kaieda kept a close watch. This speed was not normal. Ikki's rush this time was faster than anything they'd seen before.

Ikki could now only move forwards.

As Ouma's Amaterasu would win in reach and speed, Ryuuzume would behead Ikki before Ikki's blade reached him

Unfortunately, his stance was too poor.

With a position like that, there was no way he could take a blow with Ouma's weight.

"Onii-samaaa!"

Ouma crushed Ikki along with Intetsu with his weighted blow.

But in the moment it seemed that would happen, something nobody could believe happened before their eyes.

Somehow, in the next moment, the one who was blown away was Ouma. (Vol 8)

Here too, when Stella with dragon spirit attacks each other with Ikki, it turns out that Ikki is faster.

Feats :
Somehow, in the next moment, the one who was blown away was Ouma.

Stella moved to deliver finishing blow. In order to bring her victory in the Seven Stars, in order to for her to surpass the one she had chased for so long, this attack with her entire body would…!!!!

The blade slipped through muscle and bone with ease. The fresh blood that spurted into the air and splattered onto the white stone was a deeper crimson than the magma. The blood boiled as though it was on the verge of igniting.

"Eh………?"

It couldn't have been anyone else. It was the 'Crimson Princess' Stella Vermillion's, dragon blood.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!"

"H-He's countered! Just when you thought the match was over! Kurogane Ikki, who looked to be down for the count, has just counter-attacked!! He's sliced across Stella from bottom to top! What a reversal!!"

"It- It was 'Madoka'! He took the force of her attack and turned it back on her! I… I can't believe it! How could he manage it!" (Vol 9)

That way Ikki's base here is 30c above baseline because it's faster than Stella dragon spirit and faster than Ouma where Ouma itself is faster than Stella dragon spirit

Ittou shura
Ittou rasetsu

Ittou shura and ittou rasetsu Ikki after being trained by edelweiss experienced an increase which is 3x from the previous one

Feats :
Although Ikki could not hold out for an entire hour at the top, his level of control over magical power had grown. Even with the current result, the power of his Itto Shura ability has already doubled or tripled. (vol 12)

With this Ikki's amplifier should be:
Ittou shura before training : 30x
Ittou rasetsu before training : 300x
Ittou shura after training : 90x
Ittou rasetsu after training : 900x
(After training here is taken from after training with edelweiss which increases the amp 3x from before)

Oke so for ikki's speed is :
Base : 30c
Ittou shura before training : 30×30 : 900c
Ittou rasetsu before training : 30×300 : 9000c
Ittou shura after training : 30×90 : 2700c
Ittou rasetsu after training : 30×900 : 27000c
Just no. These are basically outliers. The only real justification for FTL is when ikki moved faster than his shadow in his match against Stella

He doesn't scale from Renren, he scales down from Raikiri.
Which then creates an inconsistency in speed. To me, even Raikiri seems like a massive outlier if base Ikki could only pin down Renren within a certain distance while damaging his arm. Is there a genuine calc that puts Raikiri in MHS+?

Which then creates an inconsistency in speed. To me, even Raikiri seems like a massive outlier if base Ikki could only pin down Renren within a certain distance while damaging his arm. Is there a genuine calc that puts Raikiri in MHS+?
Raikiri is by statement lightning speed, and given Touka's power it makes sense for it to be. No calc needed.

And nothing really points towards ikki not having gotten faster ever since the fight with Renren. Not to mention that:
1. We take the best showing of speed of characters, not cherry picking random points.
2. Raikiri is way more consistent than Renren's speed.

And when you consider that these same characters jump to above SoL speeds not far from that fight it makes Ittou Shura ikki = raikiri just that much more believable.

Raikiri is by statement lightning speed, and given Touka's power it makes sense for it to be. No calc needed.
And yet if it's not consistent there is no reason to use it. There are lightning characters that have been required a calc in the past even though they are more consistently portrayed as lightning fast and faster than Raikiri.
And nothing really points towards ikki not having gotten faster ever since the fight with Renren.
Yeah, same can be applied vice versa.
Not to mention that:
1. We take the best showing of speed of characters, not cherry picking random points.
No, we take consistency. If you want to call it cherry picking then sure, whatever helps you sleep at night. But if base Ikki struggles against stated mach 2, Ittou Shura then being dozens of times multiplier putting him in Mach 40, and then being barely slower than Rikiri, then it's not mach 1000+. Simple as that.
2. Raikiri is way more consistent than Renren's speed.
In what way? Just because she is said to be lightning speed with no contrite speed statements unlike Renren and relies on this wiki given speed for average lightning?
And when you consider that these same characters jump to above SoL speeds not far from that fight it makes Ittou Shura ikki = raikiri just that much more believable.
Maybe SoL has different circumstances, idk, haven't read past beginning of vol 5. However if it's wildly inconsistent then someone else knowleadgable should deal with it. Also you say he jumped, yet why isn't Ikki also Mach 2, Up to High Hyper, MHS+ with Ittou Shura?

Anyway, I will go to sleep. Hopefully more staff can give input.

And yet if it's not consistent there is no reason to use it.
Can you point out inconsistencies?

There are lightning characters that have been required a calc in the past even though they are more consistently portrayed as lightning fast and faster than Raikiri.
Statement alone isn't enough, it's the nature of her power being electromagnetic draw as well as her whole power being lightning oriented that gives it believability.

Yeah, same can be applied vice versa.
You do know how outliers work right? If you want to shut down something as outlier you have to prove why it is an outlier, because "outlier" is literally the last resort if there is nothing else to explain a situation we just say "well outlier".

No, we take consistency. But if base Ikki struggles against stated mach 2, Ittou Shura then being dozens of times multiplier putting him in Mach 40, and then being barely slower than Rikiri, then it's not mach 1000+. Simple as that.
Do you have any other case of ikki being shown to be mach 2 though? Cus it's literally just renren and nothing else.

Hell, when fighting sword eater his reaction speed was stated to be 0.1 seconds which is way to slow for renren too. Let's shut down renren as well i guess. Ikki is just above an average human in terms of reaction speed which means his combat speed can't exceed it let alone go on and react to mach 2 movement.

So the same ikki that smoked a mach 2 renren, was slower than kuraudo. I guess mach 2 isn't mach 2 either ey?

Just because she is said to be lightning speed with no contrite speed statements unlike Renren and relies on this wiki given speed for average lightning?
Lightning has a concrete speed though. It's not a specific number as it can vary a bit, but it doesn't mean it doesn't have speed.

Also you say he jumped, yet why isn't Ikki also Mach 2, Up to High Hyper, MHS+ with Ittou Shura?
Cus we take him at peak of arc 1.

Can you point out inconsistencies?
Already did.
Statement alone isn't enough, it's the nature of her power being electromagnetic draw as well as her whole power being lightning oriented that gives it believability.
So, electricity Manipulation and just called lightning.
You do know how outliers work right? If you want to shut down something as outlier you have to prove why it is an outlier, because "outlier" is literally the last resort if there is nothing else to explain a situation we just say "well outlier".
Already pointed it out.
Do you have any other case of ikki being shown to be mach 2 though? Cus it's literally just renren and nothing else.
So, that's the only thing Ikki has for statements in terms of speed. Gotcha.
Hell, when fighting sword eater his reaction speed was stated to be 0.1 seconds which is way to slow for renren too. Let's shut down renren as well i guess. Ikki is just above an average human in terms of reaction speed which means his combat speed can't exceed it let alone go on and react to mach 2 movement.
Ok, sure. Not my fault the author wrote an inconsistent mess lmao
So the same ikki that smoked a mach 2 renren, was slower than kuraudo. I guess mach 2 isn't mach 2 either ey?
Wut
Lightning has a concrete speed though. It's not a specific number as it can vary a bit, but it doesn't mean it doesn't have speed.
Not in fiction. Lightning in comics can reach ftl speeds and probably some verse that's slower than natural one, like this. (Though Touka hasn't even demonstrated cloud-to-ground lighting but oh well)
Cus we take him at peak of arc 1.
So, Mach 2 Base, Mach 40 IS, Mach 400 IR.

Anyway, this works as a bump too. Won't derail any further and wait for staff members. 1 still thinks it's fine to yeet the verse and the 2nd one said scans are needed for everything.

Ok, sure. Not my fault the author wrote an inconsistent mess lmao
Part of the reason why we just take the feats and not say "oh well earlier in the show he was shown or said to be this fast". We can explain all of this by saying "well he got faster throughout the series". And there would be nothing to disprove that.

Not in fiction. Lightning in comics can reach ftl speeds and probably some verse that's slower than natural one, like this. (Though Touka hasn't even demonstrated cloud-to-ground lighting but oh well)
Yeah but that is for electricity attacks, what we ask isn't "how fast is that lightning" is "does it fulfill our standards as cloud to ground lightning". If it does it has lightning speed. As for Touka, Raikiri's speed is clearly said to be as fast as cloud to ground lightning. . But we've been over the speeds before.

Part of the reason why we just take the feats and not say "oh well earlier in the show he was shown or said to be this fast". We can explain all of this by saying "well he got faster throughout the series". And there would be nothing to disprove that.

Yeah but that is for electricity attacks, what we ask isn't "how fast is that lightning" is "does it fulfill our standards as cloud to ground lightning". If it does it has lightning speed. As for Touka, Raikiri's speed is clearly said to be as fast as cloud to ground lightning. . But we've been over the speeds before.

I just realized that the "Every official battle she's been in with raikiri has had her won" is a plot hole lol. He lost to Moroboshi in the finals of the previous Sword art festival which I'm assuming is a pretty official fight. Guess Riku Misora forgot about that.

I just realized that the "Every official battle she's been in with raikiri has had her won" is a plot hole lol. He lost to Moroboshi in the finals of the previous Sword art festival which I'm assuming is a pretty official fight. Guess Riku Misora forgot about that.
Nah, cus it says "every battle where she has used raikiri". She didn't get a chance to use raikiri against moroboshi.

Last edited:
Or we just take Mach 2 and concrete statements instead.

Mach 40 lightning in-verse. Some authors might not have a clue how fast it is in reality. So let's just go with concrete statements like Mach 2.
It's not. Though Firepheonixearl already explained it.

Some authors might not have a clue how fast it is in reality. So let's just go with concrete statements like Mach 2.
Author intent is not something you can argue for or against. If it says cloud to ground lightning you take cloud to gerund lightning. Anyway make a separate crt for the speed if you want to argue against it, dont wanna derail too much here.

If the verse stays, sure. Still a staff member agrees with yeeting and another thinks scans are needed. Oh right Mr. Bambu also said scans are needed and if unwilling to add them, the verse can get yeeted. But I guess I will wait for more staff input.

I don't like the idea of deleting an entire verse. It's not difficult to fix if someone wants to spend some time on it. The profiles needs scans and better justifications. Let's try to salvage them by collecting scans and reworking bits and pieces instead of straight up deleting the verse.

I don't like the idea of deleting an entire verse. It's not difficult to fix if someone wants to spend some time on it. The profiles needs scans and better justifications. Let's try to salvage them by collecting scans and reworking bits and pieces instead of straight up deleting the verse.
Ok but the main question is. Ikki Kurogane https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ikki_Kurogane
has this feats section on his profile
Which covers most if not all of his abilities. So while he doesn't have the justifications as linked pictures in the P&A, the justifications are in the profile. Is that good enough?

Also sup man

There are a lot of inconsistencies in their speed feats, it didn't just start today. The only fear that might really qualify early on is Nikki vs Stella in the tournament and Nikki moved faster than his shadow
okay so I'm asking you what contradicts their feats later on? You say it is inconsistent yet you don't point to specific events that make it inconsistent. After certain scaling is established, what later on debunks/contradicts said scaling? If you'd like, I'm free right now and we can also hop in vc and discuss this

okay so I'm asking you what contradicts their feats later on? You say it is inconsistent yet you don't point to specific events that make it inconsistent. After certain scaling is established, what later on debunks/contradicts said scaling? If you'd like, I'm free right now and we can also hop in vc and discuss this
Nah, its been a long time since I read Rakudai.

Back