• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need your help!

We need Patreon donations of at least 250 Euros per month for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive "Supporter", "Super Supporter", or "Ultra Supporter" badges that remove all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
In this CRT I want to purpose the idea of Rakudai Kishi No Cavalry verse page and character profile deletion. There are a couple of reasons why I think they should be deleted so I will just name them:
  • Lack of scans. Practically all of the profiles lack scans. Even the "well-made" profiles (Ikki and Stella) have practically no scans on their powers and abilities, AP, or speed sections.
  • Using non-officially translated sources. (fan translations) Currently, only 5 volumes out of 18 are officially translated which makes the validity of information and justifications called into question. Especially when you look back at the first point. Not to say the profiles were made with malicious intent but it's just safer to use official sources which to some are easier to access.
  • Bad justifications. This is mostly regarding speed and especially with FTL stuff. It's mostly just circular. "Ikki is comparable to Stella", "Stella is FTL because she's comparable/faster to Mikoto", "Mikoto is Relativistic because of her scaling to Stella" or something like that. And again, no scans whatsoever.
  • No references. Even when you give the benefit of the doubt, to let's say Ikki, and find his "feats" section, most of it is copy and paste without even referencing from which volume or chapters the quotes are taken from.
  • Overall, the profiles are badly made. The "best" profiles (Ikki and Stella) are mediocre at best. The rest of the character profiles are practically empty with bad formatting or awful justifications. I mean just look at Renren's speed justification. It literally links to a fan translation site and the info is literally not available because it is deleted. I really wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the only case.
Maybe there could be more and better reasons for their deletion but I consider the previously brought up points to be sufficient. And I really do love the series. I have read up to volume 4 and started volume 5 a while ago so it's really painful to see a good series, with supposedly a lot of supporters, poorly made on this site. So yeah, that's it from me. Let's see what everyone else thinks.

Using non-officially translated sources. (fan translations)
Tbh that's not really a big issue imo, some manga and such have absolute fucking dogshit official translations and fan translations end up being vastly more accurate, well put together and viable in some cases (Looking at you Viz and 7).
Sometimes they aren't. Case by case in this instance, i dont know shit about this verse tho so I'm just going by rule of thumb.

The rest of the complaints, a few anyway, check out tho, but again, don't know shit about the verse.

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Because I'm lazy? lol

And if I were to revise it I would rather do it from scratch with official sources.

Also just a side note, I went to Touka's profile, and her Powers and Abilities section is a joke. She has electricity manipulation (which obviously links to electricity manipulation) and then the justification of "via sensing the electric impulses in the opponent's body, can shut down the opponent's brain by driving lightning into their skull, can short-circuit machines by touching them" which links to...electricity manipulation. The profiles are just bad. I have no clue on why they should be defended in any capacity. Wouldn't be surprised if the profiles in the past are deleted on less grounds than this.

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Tbh that's not really a big issue imo, some manga and such have absolute fucking dogshit official translations and fan translations end up being vastly more accurate, well put together and viable in some cases (Looking at you Viz and 7).
Sometimes they aren't. Case by case in this instance, i dont know shit about this verse tho so I'm just going by rule of thumb.

The rest of the complaints, a few anyway, check out tho, but again, don't know shit about the verse.
Yeah, I don't disagree with you but it's just me. I never really liked using fan translations. But the worse part is that they still don't have scans or sources referenced/linked. (one of Ikki's justification links you to a notepad with fan translations copy-pasted and no references from where they are taken lmao)

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Yeah, if someone wants to revise the verse then they can just say so. Hell, I would do it up to volume 5 if I started from scratch.

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Lmao. Many great series starts with anime then fans likes that picks up few volumes of Novels then translation stops and series gets dropped by everyone RIP.
Yeah, from what I know even the official translations have issues. Currently, it hasn't released a new translated volume in a while and has no news of happening. Also, the LN itself is technically running yet hasn't released a volume in years IIRC. though don't quote me on that, it's from what I heard on reddit

Stella keep up with mikoto's ice magic

Feats :
The light in Mikoto's eyes instantly turned to magic.

Along her line of sight, sword-like pillars of ice burst out along the ground as they crossed the space between her and Stella, as though she intended to freeze it all.

Once again, Tsuruya goes on the offensive, launching attack after attack of Satin Ice at Stella, who for her part is staying out of her vision! The Crimson Princess' mobility, too, is top-notch! Yet, why is she dodging this desperately? Satin Ice was easy meat for Empress Dress previously!

It's...not the same as before. The technique itself is several times stronger. See, as far as I know, the Icy Sneer is only able to freeze a spherical space about 3 meters in diameter at the focal point of her vision. But right now, she is freezing everything in sight. The power of her Noble Art is now on a whole new level. That she had been hiding such an ace up her sleeve...shocking. A Noble Art like this might just be able to freeze the Crimson Princess' flames!

Even as Muroto spoke thus, the chance Mikoto had been waiting for arrived.

Stella had been keep up with swift steps, but she was hard-pressed to continue keep up a Noble Art that could reach lightspeed. The more she dodged desperately, the more her situational awareness waned, till she was hemmed in on either side by the walls of ice created by Satin Ice. (Vol 6)

Ice magic's mikoto have attack speed at least speed of light

Feats :
The magic he cast from the monocle - a rare sight among Devices - was one that could instantly reduce the temperature from the selected area in his vision to Absolute Zero.

"Ice Satin!"

A dazzling light wrapped in a cold, sharp shroud shot out from the monocle.

The specialty of this magic is that it immediately triggers the moment it focuses on the target. In other words, this magic travels at the effective speed of light. (Vol 6)

The base Stella here has sol. And so when she used her dragon spirit, all of her states would be amped by several tens of times. we take 30x according to the standard on the wiki means Stella 30c or ftl+ with dragon spirit

Feats :
As such, it was natural that the power output would be different.

Currently, Stella's physical ability was several tens of times greater than before. (Vol 8)

And ouma (Ikki's older brother) here is faster than Stella with dragon spirit

Feats :
"............!"

The white blade swung from the position after his body twisted to the limit fell onto Stella without a sound.

Despite just one strike, different from Ikki's Blade Steal, Ouma's Amaterasu, which had truly reached Twin-Wings's territory, exceeded the limit of reaction even for Stella with dragon's power dwelling inside her, Ryuuzume cut Stella's body diagonally. (Vol 8)

And here it looks like Ikki can't follow ouma but actually he can be faster than ouma and make ouma smile

Feats :
Oho!! Kurogane has taken off! He isn't wasting any time! And he's fast!!"

"He is a knight with limited range. He has to bring the fight into his domain if anything is to happen. This was the obvious choice to make, but…"Kaieda kept a close watch. This speed was not normal. Ikki's rush this time was faster than anything they'd seen before.

Ikki could now only move forwards.

As Ouma's Amaterasu would win in reach and speed, Ryuuzume would behead Ikki before Ikki's blade reached him

Unfortunately, his stance was too poor.

With a position like that, there was no way he could take a blow with Ouma's weight.

"Onii-samaaa!"

Ouma crushed Ikki along with Intetsu with his weighted blow.

But in the moment it seemed that would happen, something nobody could believe happened before their eyes.

Somehow, in the next moment, the one who was blown away was Ouma. (Vol 8)

Here too, when Stella with dragon spirit attacks each other with Ikki, it turns out that Ikki is faster.

Feats :
Somehow, in the next moment, the one who was blown away was Ouma.

Stella moved to deliver finishing blow. In order to bring her victory in the Seven Stars, in order to for her to surpass the one she had chased for so long, this attack with her entire body would…!!!!

The blade slipped through muscle and bone with ease. The fresh blood that spurted into the air and splattered onto the white stone was a deeper crimson than the magma. The blood boiled as though it was on the verge of igniting.

"Eh………?"

It couldn't have been anyone else. It was the 'Crimson Princess' Stella Vermillion's, dragon blood.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!"

"H-He's countered! Just when you thought the match was over! Kurogane Ikki, who looked to be down for the count, has just counter-attacked!! He's sliced across Stella from bottom to top! What a reversal!!"

"It- It was 'Madoka'! He took the force of her attack and turned it back on her! I… I can't believe it! How could he manage it!" (Vol 9)

That way Ikki's base here is 30c above baseline because it's faster than Stella dragon spirit and faster than Ouma where Ouma itself is faster than Stella dragon spirit

Ittou shura
Ittou rasetsu

Ittou shura and ittou rasetsu Ikki after being trained by edelweiss experienced an increase which is 3x from the previous one

Feats :
Although Ikki could not hold out for an entire hour at the top, his level of control over magical power had grown. Even with the current result, the power of his Itto Shura ability has already doubled or tripled. (vol 12)

With this Ikki's amplifier should be:
Ittou shura before training : 30x
Ittou rasetsu before training : 300x
Ittou shura after training : 90x
Ittou rasetsu after training : 900x
(After training here is taken from after training with edelweiss which increases the amp 3x from before)

Oke so for ikki's speed is :
Base : 30c
Ittou shura before training : 30×30 : 900c
Ittou rasetsu before training : 30×300 : 9000c
Ittou shura after training : 30×90 : 2700c
Ittou rasetsu after training : 30×900 : 27000c

Ikki's ittou rasetsu stronger than bahamut howl Stella with dragon spirit

Feats :

(I can counter this…!)

He had already determined what she was capable of and she was attacking just as he had predicted. The speed and angle were perfect. He can turn her own blade against her. And with this much power behind her swing, it would surely be enough to create an opening - which he'd use for 'Ittou Rasetsu'. Match over.

"!!!!!!!!!!!"

The 'Crownless Sword King' and the 'Crimson Princess'. The final crossing of their blades. The one that started to charge, -it was Stella. She had already abandoned long-ranged battle using 'Katharterio Salamandra'. The reason was simple. If 'Ittou Rasetsu' is activated, he would be inside her swing and striking her down before 'Katharterio Salamandra' could even land the strike. Even if she tried to distance herself from him, the result would be the same. With the speed of Ikki using 'Itto Rasetsu', he could charge across the sea of magma before the bottoms of his shoes would burn down.

There is no victory at backing away. Then forward it is. (Vol 9)

And you can see clac bahamut howl in profil verse

Because here Stella is in a state of dragon spirit which means that bahamut howl in base mode is multiplied by 30 times which is (Stella dragon spirit above) :
3.688e+17 Joules x 30 = 1.1064e+19 joules (H7A)

Here because vol 9 Ikki uses ittou rasetsu to get H7A. And in vol 12 ittou rasetsu Ikki there is an increase of up to 3x from before then AP and dura :
1.1064×10^19 joules × 3 = 3.3192E19 joules (6C/island)

and also if you really want to delete this, my advice is to delete the characters that are not important or really bad, not all of them like ikki, stella, amane, nene, and other desperados.

moreover there are several characters in the top tier here such as tendou, ikki, and all desperados

And then this translator not miss translate. a lot of profiles don't use official translation and that's fine. This is just you're who's really fanatical about official translate without seeing the fan translate there is no miss translate

Last edited:

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter

Feats :

Along her line of sight, sword-like pillars of ice burst out along the ground as they crossed the space between her and Stella, as though she intended to freeze it all.

Once again, Tsuruya goes on the offensive, launching attack after attack of Satin Ice at Stella, who for her part is staying out of her vision! The Crimson Princess' mobility, too, is top-notch! Yet, why is she dodging this desperately? Satin Ice was easy meat for Empress Dress previously!

It's...not the same as before. The technique itself is several times stronger. See, as far as I know, the Icy Sneer is only able to freeze a spherical space about 3 meters in diameter at the focal point of her vision. But right now, she is freezing everything in sight. The power of her Noble Art is now on a whole new level. That she had been hiding such an ace up her sleeve...shocking. A Noble Art like this might just be able to freeze the Crimson Princess' flames!

Stella had been keep up with swift steps, but she was hard-pressed to continue keep up a Noble Art that could reach lightspeed. The more she dodged desperately, the more her situational awareness waned, till she was hemmed in on either side by the walls of ice created by Satin Ice. (Vol 6)

Feats :
The magic he cast from the monocle - a rare sight among Devices - was one that could instantly reduce the temperature from the selected area in his vision to Absolute Zero.

"Ice Satin!"

The specialty of this magic is that it immediately triggers the moment it focuses on the target. In other words, this magic travels at the effective speed of light. (Vol 6)

The base Stella here has sol. And so when she used her dragon spirit, all of her states would be amped by several tens of times. we take 30x according to the standard on the wiki means Stella 30c or ftl+ with dragon spirit

Feats :

Currently, Stella's physical ability was several tens of times greater than before. (Vol 8)

Feats :
"............!"

The white blade swung from the position after his body twisted to the limit fell onto Stella without a sound.

Despite just one strike, different from Ikki's Blade Steal, Ouma's Amaterasu, which had truly reached Twin-Wings's territory, exceeded the limit of reaction even for Stella with dragon's power dwelling inside her, Ryuuzume cut Stella's body diagonally. (Vol 8)

And here it looks like Ikki can't follow ouma but actually he can be faster than ouma and make ouma smile

Feats :

"He is a knight with limited range. He has to bring the fight into his domain if anything is to happen. This was the obvious choice to make, but…"Kaieda kept a close watch. This speed was not normal. Ikki's rush this time was faster than anything they'd seen before.

As Ouma's Amaterasu would win in reach and speed, Ryuuzume would behead Ikki before Ikki's blade reached him

With a position like that, there was no way he could take a blow with Ouma's weight.

"Onii-samaaa!"

But in the moment it seemed that would happen, something nobody could believe happened before their eyes.

Here too, when Stella with dragon spirit attacks each other with Ikki, it turns out that Ikki is faster.

Feats :

Stella moved to deliver finishing blow. In order to bring her victory in the Seven Stars, in order to for her to surpass the one she had chased for so long, this attack with her entire body would…!!!!

The blade slipped through muscle and bone with ease. The fresh blood that spurted into the air and splattered onto the white stone was a deeper crimson than the magma. The blood boiled as though it was on the verge of igniting.

"Eh………?"

It couldn't have been anyone else. It was the 'Crimson Princess' Stella Vermillion's, dragon blood.

"H-He's countered! Just when you thought the match was over! Kurogane Ikki, who looked to be down for the count, has just counter-attacked!! He's sliced across Stella from bottom to top! What a reversal!!"

"It- It was 'Madoka'! He took the force of her attack and turned it back on her! I… I can't believe it! How could he manage it!" (Vol 9)

That way Ikki's base here is 30c above baseline because it's faster than Stella dragon spirit and faster than Ouma where Ouma itself is faster than Stella dragon spirit

Ittou shura
Ittou rasetsu

Ittou shura and ittou rasetsu Ikki after being trained by edelweiss experienced an increase which is 3x from the previous one

Feats :
Although Ikki could not hold out for an entire hour at the top, his level of control over magical power had grown. Even with the current result, the power of his Itto Shura ability has already doubled or tripled. (vol 12)

(After training here is taken from after training with edelweiss which increases the amp 3x from before)

Ikki's ittou rasetsu stronger than bahamut howl Stella with dragon spirit

Feats :

(I can counter this…!)

He had already determined what she was capable of and she was attacking just as he had predicted. The speed and angle were perfect. He can turn her own blade against her. And with this much power behind her swing, it would surely be enough to create an opening - which he'd use for 'Ittou Rasetsu'. Match over.

"!!!!!!!!!!!"

The 'Crownless Sword King' and the 'Crimson Princess'. The final crossing of their blades. The one that started to charge, -it was Stella. She had already abandoned long-ranged battle using 'Katharterio Salamandra'. The reason was simple. If 'Ittou Rasetsu' is activated, he would be inside her swing and striking her down before 'Katharterio Salamandra' could even land the strike. Even if she tried to distance herself from him, the result would be the same. With the speed of Ikki using 'Itto Rasetsu', he could charge across the sea of magma before the bottoms of his shoes would burn down.

There is no victory at backing away. Then forward it is. (Vol 9)

And you can see clac bahamut howl in profil verse

Because here Stella is in a state of dragon spirit which means that bahamut howl in base mode is multiplied by 30 times which is (Stella dragon spirit above) :
3.688e+17 Joules x 30 = 1.1064e+19 joules (H7A)

Here because vol 9 Ikki uses ittou rasetsu to get H7A. And in vol 12 ittou rasetsu Ikki there is an increase of up to 3x from before then AP and dura :
1.1064×10^19 joules × 3 = 3.3192E19 joules (6C/island)
anyways all the characters there are the blazers and some desperados. everything has been arranged in this forum
and also if you really want to delete this, my advice is to delete the characters that are not important or really bad, not all of them like ikki, stella, amane, nene, and other desperados.

moreover there are several characters in the top tier here such as tendou, ikki, and all desperados
It's cool you posted some quotes but this still doesn't change the fact that most of the scans are missing. If you want to revise the entire verse and every character in it, then just say so. I don't have a problem with waiting. Hell, I already offered to remake everything up to volume 5, aka the officially translated sources. (from scratch of course) But this doesn't change the fact that a lot of info is missing scans and needs better justifications.

Also being a top-tier doesn't change anything if they are poorly made too. Blazer physiology helps a bit but barely when talking about each individual character's hax abilities and them needing scans. So far, the entire verse is extremely outdated from the looks of it and I'm yet to hear anyone doing any major revisions for every character and improving the profiles.
what reasonable? many profiles don't have all scans and it's nothing. You don't seem to see anything
How is it nothing? What. This has been literally grounds for some character profile deletions in the past. VSBW is supposed to be an indexing site that also provides sources. These profiles don't.

Why should have a scan in every power & ability? Many other fictions also apply it, so what's the problem? As long as the achievement is there they just need to find it themselves in the novel, what's so hard? If you really like this fiction why don't you apply it yourself? Why delete it?

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
i see so you make another CRT about all profiles that don't have all scans because you said this
I'm not interested in other verses. And yeah, a lot of profiles are being deleted if they miss scans. Right now I'm only interested in Rakudai. If you're so dead set on keeping the verse then just say you will revise every profile and add scans that are needed.
Why should have a scan in every power & ability? Many other fictions also apply it, so what's the problem? As long as the achievement is there they just need to find it themselves in the novel, what's so hard? If you really like this fiction why don't you apply it yourself? Why delete it?
Because otherwise, they become baseless claims. I'm not saying absolutely every power needs scans, like Superhuman Physical Characteristics or Magic, those are kind of by default, but practically every single power on rakudai has no scans. They aren't even referenced. And some don't even link anything properly because they just send you to delete fan translations or repeated power pages lol

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Yeah yeah it's up to you the fanatical official translate
I'm not even saying you 100% need official translations but the fact is that they have absolutely no scans or references.
How about a Leonardo Watch?
he has no scan at all

does that mean this is not true?
Oh also just to add to this. The verse isn't in great shape either. Literally can't find a calc or scans as to why they are building level or MHS+.

•Why should have a scan in every power & ability? Many other fictions also apply it, so what's the problem? As long as the achievement is there they just need to find it themselves in the novel, what's so hard? If you really like this fiction why don't you apply it yourself? Why delete it?

•What's with the fan translation? This fiction was also not made for Deathbattle but to be read and followed the plot

then why can you argue that "Fans Translation" is not correct? can you translate it yourself? if you can't, you don't have to be too much style by saying it's not true

•Yo bro, that's an ancient profile and hasn't been updated yet

I have all feats scalling their speed

•Does it have to be told in which chapter the ability is obtained? If you like this fiction why not find it yourself? the achievements of ikki & all Rakudai Kishi characters are there and true ,There are also many other fictions that don't include scanning in their abilities

•Again it's an ancient profile, I could have updated it if I had the intention

Vietthai96

He/Him
This is a bad argument, just because some other fictions have something similar doesn't mean this verse or other verse should be the same. This is an index site, it is the verse supporters job to put scan, link the source to prove the ability on the verse's characters profiles, you can't just say to others who doesn't know the verse that if you want source, go find and read them, it is supporters responsibility not those who just read profiles, you can't expect them to force themselves to read through like 5 volumes of light novel just to find the context about fire manipulation or said character destroy a building

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
•Why should have a scan in every power & ability? Many other fictions also apply it, so what's the problem? As long as the achievement is there they just need to find it themselves in the novel, what's so hard? If you really like this fiction why don't you apply it yourself? Why delete it?
The point of profiles is to provide information on series or characters. If they don't have scans, calc, references and etc. they are poorly made and come off as baseless claims. Not everyone has the time and effort to go through individually series novels to find specific scans.
•What's with the fan translation? This fiction was also not made for Deathbattle but to be read and followed the plot

then why can you argue that "Fans Translation" is not correct? can you translate it yourself? if you can't, you don't have to be too much style by saying it's not true
I told you that I don't have a problem with fan translations all the time, just when they don't even link scans or reference stuff.
•Yo bro, that's an ancient profile and hasn't been updated yet

I have all feats scalling their speed
If you want to revise the entire verse go ahead.
•Does it have to be told in which chapter the ability is obtained? If you like this fiction why not find it yourself? the achievements of ikki & all Rakudai Kishi characters are there and true ,There are also many other fictions that don't include scanning in their abilities
A lot of profiles are viewed by people who just want to know something about a specific verse. They aren't solely made for fans. And again, whataboutism isn't a great answer.
•Again it's an ancient profile, I could have updated it if I had the intention
You could, but you won't, so they get yeeted.

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Did y'all really have to bring me back from the dead for this?

Rakudai isn't going anywhere don't worry, I'll get do addressing the issues later, but some of the points in the op are fair. But I'm of the belief that "why delete a massive and up to date profile like ikki, if it is really easy to fix?".

Anyway as I said I'll respond in a few hours.
If it's an easy fix and someone wants to add scans and better justifications for all the profiles then I don't mind. If there are some that people straight up do not care about fixing then they should be deleted.

The point of profiles is to provide information on series or characters. If they don't have scans, calc, references and etc. they are poorly made and come off as baseless claims. Not everyone has the time and effort to go through individually series novels to find specific scans.
unfounded claims how? if you want calculations, why don't you ask the story's supporters?

why do you have to make a thread delete?

If you want to see the calculation there are 2 options:

●Ask the supporters of the story

●discover and understand for yourself how to calculate in this story in other words (not Carbit)

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
unfounded claims how? if you want calculations, why don't you ask the story's supporters?

why do you have to make a thread delete?

If you want to see the calculation there are 2 options:

●Ask the supporters of the story

●discover and understand for yourself how to calculate in this story in other words (not Carbit)
I think you're misunderstanding my point. And again, it's not my, or anyone else's job to look for claims on character profiles or calculate stuff from a series they aren't familiar with. It's the job of those who make the profiles and support the series. And no one should also have to go out their way to individually ask people for calcs that supposedly grant certain tiers to characters.

I think you're misunderstanding my point. And again, it's not my, or anyone else's job to look for claims on character profiles or calculate stuff from a series they aren't familiar with. It's the job of those who make the profiles and support the series. And no one should also have to go out their way to individually ask people for calcs that supposedly grant certain tiers to characters.
False Equivalence Fallacy

Your argument is too forced to delete Rakudai Kishi No Cavalry just because it doesn't have every scanning ability if so you indirectly require all profiles that don't have scans to be deleted

quite funny mate

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter

Your argument is too forced to delete Rakudai Kishi No Cavalry just because it doesn't have every scanning ability if so you indirectly require all profiles that don't have scans to be deleted

quite funny mate
How is what I said false equivalence fallacy? Yes, the OP's goal so far is to delete the verse based on lack of scans, good justifications, and stuff like that. And I never said all profiles should be deleted because they lack scans or good justifications. Though the supporters should strive to improve them if that's the case so they don't get deleted too.

Vietthai96

He/Him

quite funny mate
Problem is, the entire verse itself have no scan or reference at all, Ikki just have a scan for fate hax very recently. If we talk about Whataboutism, most verse out there at least have good scan and reference for their statistics and controversial abilities

Why not just fix the pages instead of deleting?? This isn't a like the situation with Shinza where there was like no one to make any revisions, there seems to be supporters who are willing to fix the Verse pages so why not wait

Many other fictions also apply it, so what's the problem?
Precisely that, just because other profiles are garbage, doesn't mean they all should, lots of profiles are being fixed all the time. If there's profiles that have zero scans and nobody is going to fix it, delete those too.
As long as the achievement is there they just need to find it themselves in the novel, what's so hard?

Who the fuck has time to read like ten novels to find one line of text? That's utterly ridiculous, what's harder to do? List the source and the feat on the profile so that way it's always available to be seen so anyway can know the context and showing. Or ask someone to read like 18 novels just to find out when some anime dude did a cool flip? Because I'd tell you right now, you couldn't even pay me to read all of this, let alone make me do it because someone couldn't just post sauce.

If you really like this fiction why don't you apply it yourself? Why delete it?

As above, effort. Not everyone is able to do something like that. If nobody is willing to fix it or has time to fix it, it's best to just kill it off, a profile with no sources, no scans, no feats, may as well just be random text splattered across a screen.
If someone wants to fix it, that's another thing altogether, whether that takes a few days, or even a year, as long as it's being worked on that's ok, but if that isn't gonna happen, it shouldn't be a thing.

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
Super Supporter
Did y'all really have to bring me back from the dead for this?

Rakudai isn't going anywhere don't worry, I'll get do addressing the issues later, but some of the points in the op are fair. But I'm of the belief that "why delete a massive and up to date profile like ikki, if it is really easy to fix?".

Anyway as I said I'll respond in a few hours.
Yooo wtf?

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Why not just fix the pages instead of deleting?? This isn't a like the situation with Shinza where there was like no one to make any revisions, there seems to be supporters who are willing to fix the Verse pages so why not wait
If people are willing to fix the profiles that's fine. However, from the looks of it, it didn't seem like people were gonna do anything about it. Though, Firephoenixearl responded and said it's an easy fix so let's wait for him.

If people are willing to fix the profiles that's fine. However, from the looks of it, it didn't seem like people were gonna do anything about it. Though, Firephoenixearl responded and said it's an easy fix so let's wait for him.
Well I saw someone in the thread post a bunch of quotes in here so that's something and there's been quite a lot of activity in the Rakudai tag recently so I think we should give it a little time

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Well I saw someone in the thread post a bunch of quotes in here so that's something and there's been quite a lot of activity in the Rakudai tag recently so I think we should give it a little time
I mean, mostly it's related to VS matches and adding new stuff, with no mention of fixing old profiles or adding scans that are really needed. And even the people responding to me just couldn't say they would fix it. One guy straight up said he could but he won't lol

Anyway lemme start this by addressing the issues with the opening post.

Bad justifications
That is just wrong my brother. Taking the case in question, stella being SOL. It literally says "dodge beams of light". Why this was sol and not lower was already discussed in a separate thread. So the justification is there.

No references
Since when is that a necessary thing for light novels? I don't remember that being a condition back when I overhauled the profiles. If you could provide me the rule then I have no issues giving the references literally off the top of my head. I know when stuff happened, so I can tell you the volumes and chapter at any time, so it's not an issue whatsoever to add. But do provide me the rule please.

Bad overall profiles
You took one of the worst profiles and used it as an example for the rest. Let's not do this, clearly state which profiles have an inherent issue like that so that we can actually get somewhere instead of saying "let's delete renren instead of just fixing the link".

This is a fair point for a bunch of stuff but a lot of the main cast shares a few abilities which are already explained in the Blazer Physiology page, with scans and all. This is cus I saw @Vietthai96 say ikki didn't have a scan for fate hax. Which is plain wrong cus it is said it comes from desperado state which is included in the blazer physiology with scans and all. And desperado stuff is the most controversial part of most character's kits so with that out most of the other stuff is fairly minor.

But as I said you did make some fair points which I will answer later on how to fix them very easily. This reply was literally just as a "these weren't good points".

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Anyway lemme start this by addressing the issues with the opening post.
Ok
That is just wrong my brother. Taking the case in question, stella being SOL. It literally says "dodge beams of light". Why this was sol and not lower was already discussed in a separate thread. So the justification is there.
Wouldn't that need a calc? Also there are no scans, they should have been added.
Since when is that a necessary thing for light novels? I don't remember that being a condition back when I overhauled the profiles. If you could provide me the rule then I have no issues giving the references literally off the top of my head. I know when stuff happened, so I can tell you the volumes and chapter at any time, so it's not an issue whatsoever to add. But do provide me the rule please.
Don't think it's a rule. Though I haven't read them. But it's part of the page standard so I think they should be? Or least I was told to add them when adding my own profiles.
You took one of the worst profiles and used it as an example for the rest. Let's not do this, clearly state which profiles have an inherent issue like that so that we can actually get somewhere instead of saying "let's delete renren instead of just fixing the link".
Pretty sure quite a few of them could have this problem. Though I haven't checked all ngl.
This is a fair point for a bunch of stuff but a lot of the main cast shares a few abilities which are already explained in the Blazer Physiology page, with scans and all. This is cus I saw @Vietthai96 say ikki didn't have a scan for fate hax. Which is plain wrong cus it is said it comes from desperado state which is included in the blazer physiology with scans and all. And desperado stuff is the most controversial part of most character's kits so with that out most of the other stuff is fairly minor.
Yeah, scans is the biggest issue right now.
But as I said you did make some fair points which I will answer later on how to fix them very easily. This reply was literally just as a "these weren't good points".
If you're willing to fix the problems we can make a new thread. The point of this is to delete the profiles due to lack of scans and poorly made profiles. But if now there are people willing to resolve the issues brought up in the op there is no point in this.

Since when is that a necessary thing for light novels? I don't remember that being a condition back when I overhauled the profiles. If you could provide me the rule then I have no issues giving the references literally off the top of my head. I know when stuff happened, so I can tell you the volumes and chapter at any time, so it's not an issue whatsoever to add. But do provide me the rule please
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/References We literally have a thread regarding this so

Edit: It is also in the editing rules too

Vietthai96

He/Him
uh oh, i didn't say anything about Desperado or Blazer Physiology, my bad though. However, the state of many profiles is still bad

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Mostly, yeah. I'm also ready to help out up to volume 5 if need be. But the profiles have been outdated for the longest time with no scans and it didn't seem like anyone would fix them unless brought up like this. But if people are now active and willing to fix the profiles I can make a new thread for that.

If it's not enough, just add some for make it enough. If it's wrong just fix it

I think don't need for delete it

Wouldn't that need a calc?
You cannot calc it because there are no given distances. It was literally just a case of "she would need to move a fairly large distance before a beam reached her from not too far away". So since the result would be in the SoL ballpark we just take it as an SoL feat.

Reference rules
Well, that also states the same about manga based profiles and all, but i haven't seen many manga based profiles around who have references on top of their scans for justifications. Again this is not a problem for me but it doesn't seem to be very well forced enough to use it as condition to delete verses.

Though I haven't checked all ngl.
Then since you said you wanted to help and you were the one who brought up this condition of the pages, i'll leave this to you.

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
You cannot calc it because there are no given distances. It was literally just a case of "she would need to move a fairly large distance before a beam reached her from not too far away". So since the result would be in the SoL ballpark we just take it as an SoL feat.

Well, that also states the same about manga based profiles and all, but i haven't seen many manga based profiles around who have references on top of their scans for justifications. Again this is not a problem for me but it doesn't seem to be very well forced enough to use it as condition to delete verses.

Then since you said you wanted to help and you were the one who brought up this condition of the pages, i'll leave this to you.
The whole SoL thing is still kind of iffy to me but yeah, I will deal with the rest. Since there are people willing to help out I can start making a general CRT for the verse where people will be able to give their input and send scans needed for profiles. Or something like that.

Do that also include this part in the CRT:

"Tendou Harima should get conceptual manipulation (whatever type would be best), because his ability is of the concept manipulation system so it by default has to be conceptual."

It was removed while I was retired by DontTalkDT. He had a fair point cus i hadn't mentioned that part in the profiles or CRT.

Idk the Sol thing seems iffy, do we have a distance Stella moved,distance the Beam was fired from.
Did it meet all requirements of being Lightspeed?
Except it being called a beam of light which isnt enough.
Because the Negacion in bleach is also called a Light Beam but isnt considered to be real light or move as fast as real light

The longes minute in my life son, is this a longterm thing or are ya just going to save Rakudai and vanish for another minute again?
Probably not long term, though I may take a shorter break this time. When new Rakudai volumes drop I'll probably drop by to make some CRTs, I started this shit, might as well end it amirite?

But gotta save my baby every now and then, though I did check the wiki a bit these last few days even though i refrained from actually posting cus i got some complaints about "Some people overplaying Rakudai" (yes im talking about the "ikki has passives" "type 5 acausality" "infinite speed" stuff that was happening a while ago). If I see any of those happen again I will come to shut those down.

Long story short you will see me on and off the site depending on how the situation arises. If you ever miss me just start wanking rakudai till people notice and start complaining, i'll be there. xD

^This. You can't calc a LN/WN verse like you can a comic/movie/manga/ect. In general, narration/character dialogue does not give the dimensions of a given area, so literally any calc would just be complete guesswork.

In other words, for statements of speed and AP, you have to take them at face value especially if given context doesn't contradict it (And for the light, it meets our SoL laser standards).
So if a character or narration says "Ikki destroyed a mountain with a slash of his sword reducing it to rubble.", you'd take the average small mountain destruction value for fragmentation and use that for the AP rating.
It's entirely possible the "mountain" here isn't actually the size of a mountain, but given context, we would have to assume it is mountain-sized.

1.being on the side of just maintaining important important profiles like stella and ikki, because those 2 profiles look more organized than the other profiles, but I see the supporters are still active so try to give them time to stab the feats²/scans that aren't given.

2.even without official translation, VSBW still allows fan-translation as long as the translation isn't too bad. from what I see Fans translate Rakudai is not bad which is not too much of a problem, btw Mgkf uses fan translation (Even doing the translation myself here) and it's not just 1-5 scans but a lot.

3.Just put the scene, don't delete it, the supporters are still active

4.even me don't know this verse at the novel (only saw the anime version), if the side character profile is very outdated. I agree with deleting the profile (except for Stella and Ikki's profiles)

Zaratthustra

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Image Helper
Even if there is no translation for X series its alowed on Wiki as long as the original text is present with the self-translation/machine translation.

Vietthai96

He/Him
Well desperado have scan, so at least i think even if we go the deletion route, we can still keep the verse along with Desperado profile. But yeah, rating like tier, AP, and speed need scan to verify

Well desperado have scan, so at least i think even if we go the deletion route, we can still keep the verse along with Desperado profile. But yeah, rating like tier, AP, and speed need scan to verify
They are actually based on fairly complex scaling. The justifications are in the profiles, it is just as confusing as it looks.

Jibz

He/Him
Dont nuke the verse, nuke the shit profiles. There seems to be atleast some interest in helping old character pages so if someone actually wants to do that then im fine with that staying. However the shit no evidence pages need to go unless someone wants to remake the whole thing. Thats my two cents atleast.

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
1.being on the side of just maintaining important important profiles like stella and ikki, because those 2 profiles look more organized than the other profiles, but I see the supporters are still active so try to give them time to stab the feats²/scans that aren't given.
Most of them aren't really active in a CRT I linked above to give scans, here it is again:
2.even without official translation, VSBW still allows fan-translation as long as the translation isn't too bad. from what I see Fans translate Rakudai is not bad which is not too much of a problem, btw Mgkf uses fan translation (Even doing the translation myself here) and it's not just 1-5 scans but a lot.
Cool but now there are problems like hard-to-find scans and they aren't even referenced. (vol 12 is hard to find in particular from what I hear)
3.Just put the scene, don't delete it, the supporters are still active
And don't seem to really care about adding scans or improving the profiles but just adding "cool" stuff.
4.even me don't know this verse at the novel (only saw the anime version), if the side character profile is very outdated. I agree with deleting the profile (except for Stella and Ikki's profiles)
Yeah, maybe. So far every profile but Ikki's and Stellas are garbage.

Dont nuke the verse, nuke the shit profiles. There seems to be atleast some interest in helping old character pages so if someone actually wants to do that then im fine with that staying. However the shit no evidence pages need to go unless someone wants to remake the whole thing. Thats my two cents atleast.
So nuke everything but Ikki and Stella? (even though they also have a lot of missing scans) I mean it doesn't seem like there is much interest in this CRT for scan gathering:

Jibz

He/Him
So nuke everything but Ikki and Stella? (even though they also have a lot of missing scans) I mean it doesn't seem like there is much interest in this CRT for scan gathering:
If they are poor quality stub/no scan/outdated pages with nobody wanting to fix them, then 100%.

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
If they are poor quality stub/no scan/outdated pages with nobody wanting to fix them, then 100%.
Yeah. So far I'm only seeing people care for Stella and Ikki staying. and even then it doesn't seem like people are in the mood for improving the profiles

Though I will wait, I guess. I've already made a separate CRT I linked where people can gather scans.

Pain_to12

Super Supporter
They need like 2 scans total. It's deadass more effort to delete than to fix.
Two scans??
Lol try 30+
Only two abilities on the profile has scans out of more than 20
The AP session has no scans
The speed session has none.

The pages while well constructed they need the scans and if no one is willing to find them and update the page, they should be deleted.

Btw it takes very little effort to delete a page. Just find an admin and well boom.

Anyway I favour fixing the pages other than deleting them but you saying they need just two scans when there is none on the pages for more than 30 things that needs a scan is just wrong

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Two scans??
Lol try 30+
The AP session has no scans
The speed session has none.

The pages while well constructed they need the scans and if no one is willing to find them and update the page, they should be deleted.

Btw it takes very little effort to delete a page. Just find an admin and well boom.

Anyway I favour fixing the pages other than deleting them but you saying they need just two scans when there is none on the pages for more than 30 things that needs a scan is just wrong
In this CRT I have listed all the profiles which need scans...which is all of them. So yeah, a lot more than 2 per profile. Though right now we are trying to focus on Ikki and Stella who are the most important.
https://vsbattles.com/threads/rakudai-kishi-no-cavalry-scan-and-general-improvement-crt.137795/

I meant the side characters. Take a profile like renren.
Her AP doesn't require scans, it's scaling.
Her abilities are already explained in the Blazer Physiology.
Her speed comes from her unique ability which is literally "the more i run the faster i go and it peaks at this speed".
And that's it gg.
So all you need is maybe a scan for her unique ability that doesn't come from just being a Blazer in the P&A section and 1 scan for her speed limit on the speed section and you're set.

The reason we're focusing on Ikki and Stella is cus their profile are the biggest ones and require quite a bit of scans but we're waiting for staff input on that.

Jibz

He/Him
Uhhhh alr then. So what pages are in need of heavy maintenance / have a large lack of scans?

Really just ikki and stella. But ikki has his "feats" section which has the info for all of his skill based P&A which is 80% of his profile. So we need an expert to say whether that is enough or not. The rest of his profile isn't a problem.

Which leaves only Stella.

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Those feats are copy pasted text with no references. And you're kind of downplaying how much scans are needed tbh. I suggest people focus on the crt Ive linked multiple times. Also I've generally asked a few staff for input but they aren't interested or don't know anything about the verse. I hope we can have some input.

As for myself, I will try to participate but it will get harder starting next week because I have my own work.

I am just here to pull up a chair and watch this debacle occur.

While I, for one, would push for a large-scale rewrite, particularly considering the invalidation of the series' multipliers,
I choose to no longer care that much.

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
Already asked. Most don't care. Tllmbrg gave his input a while ago and said deletion is reasonable(maybe he changed his mind, idk) Most others don't really care (the ones I asked). Mr Bambu said you couldn't torture him to participate in these threads(lmao) but said if a lot of scans are missing and the issue isn't resolved it can get removed. Zaratthustra said something about official translations but didn't say if the profiles are good or bad. So yeah, I guess we wait for more staff input. Preferably in this thread: https://vsbattles.com/threads/rakudai-kishi-no-cavalry-scan-and-general-improvement-crt.137795/

Duedate8898

They/Them
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Going to be straight, looking at all the profiles. Scans actually are needed. Like with the amount of abilities that are on their profiles, you actually do need scans on all of them. And I see you have some profiles which have powers from Blazer Physiology, and in those cases, you link the Blazer Physiology page under the Powers and Ability section, then delete the redundancies on the profile to not over-inflate them.

Didn't this get shot down like twice by now?
I dunno

The particular numbers just seem entirely arbitrary and create narratively nonsensical comparisons, such as a 3x difference in reaction time completely shutting down a general stat boost of dozens of times

But as I've mentioned, I no longer care

Duedate8898

They/Them
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
No. That's not good enough. And if doesn't have all the scans at all. The feats aren't even listed in the profile itself, they're on a separate page and what more they're just quotes in a blog, we normally want scans directly of the text itself.

So those scans for all the powers need to be integrated into the P&A section in my opinion.

StorytellingDemonKing

He/Him
Ultra Supporter
1. Sword Eater

2. (shrug)
Yeah Sword Eater makes things kind of complicated. Also, what about the MHS+ scaling itself? Didn't base Ikki barely keep up with Renren, only catching her when she was in a certain range(even hurting his own arm really badly trying to catch her)? Now, it's been a while since I've read all the first 4 volumes but this is how I see things:
Base Ikki: Mach 2
Ittou Shura: Mach 40
Ittou Reatsu: Mach 400
(Correctly if I'm wrong though)

Also seems like staff agree actual scand are needed, so yeah.

Feats :

Feats :

"Ice Satin!"

Feats :

Feats :
"............!"

Feats :

"Onii-samaaa!"

Feats :

"Eh………?"

Ittou shura
Ittou rasetsu

Feats :

Just no. These are basically outliers. The only real justification for FTL is when ikki moved faster than his shadow in his match against Stella