• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk this is rather small but apparently Desperados can nullify abilities:

With a causal ability, he is able to negate the power of Stella. "Irrelevant…! You will not try, you will not recognize ...! ” Stella remembered. As faced with the youngest Desperate on Edelberg. Taote Fu Xiaoli. Stella was a strong fighter. Everyone knew that. But the enemy ... in ordinary battles under ordinary conditions, out of ten battles, Stella would lose ten times. After all, the difference between her strength and the strength of the opponent was enormous. Stella admitted this fact without any questions. But still ... she won that mortal battle. Because the Desperate are able to redraw their fate of their own free will. In other words, whoever first takes the initiative and intervenes in fate will win. The power of fate, capable of crushing all the obstacles on the way. It sounds dangerous. I can stop you. After all, your power of fate, Johan-nii, is insignificant. - What…! She o-stopped! The Crimson Princess stopped the Golden Chariot, which has a causal “road” ability that crushes everything in its path! And with your bare hands!

If the user's "power of fate is insignificant" (meaning as long as they're not type 4 acausals). They can do this, at first i thought it maybe was just for causality abilities since desperado is related to causality, but then there is this:

Iris uses desperado fate to counter Orleus' Body Puppetry which is not part of the causality system of abilities. This however to my knowledge isn't referenced any more in the series besides this other time, whatever the hell this is.

It's not as much power nullification, but rather the effects of the ability on the desperado get negated (the ability can still be used). So ugh... Power Nullification to all Desperados?

Seems fair enough. Though, that "sharpening armor" could imply she was making her armor not be affected, but its specified that the threads were there and not cut, so... weird.

I agree they can null causality abilities for sure. I am not certain about every ability, since he could use his threads, but was just unable to control her.

I agree they can null causality abilities for sure. I am not certain about every ability, since he could use his threads, but was just unable to control her.
Yeah that's the thing. If he pierces you with his strings, you fall under his complete control (body puppetry), however such a thing didn't happen to Iris because she used desperado's "gravitational pull of fate".

The thread wasn't cut obviously, but it nullified the effect of his ability (body puppetry).

Didn't it say that she didn't get pierced though? I mean, I guessed that was why her neck was the weakness.

If it would have worked, he claims it is not ordinary resistance, so I imagine he could use the ability and she simply just choose not to. So, resistance at will? Not sure, it's pretty weird.

Didn't it say that she didn't get pierced though? I mean, I guessed that was why her neck was the weakness.
Yeah but the thread is just an average thread, so getting pierced through is just AP not an ability. The ability is him taking control that happens after that.

If it would have worked, he claims it is not ordinary resistance, so I imagine he could use the ability and she simply just choose not to.
Yeah so a bit weird, but this is what im saying.

Im not even sure if it can be called power null to begin with. Cus it makes more sense to say they can gain resistance to their opponent's abilities if they so choose by using desperado fate hax.

Since orleus calls it "not an ordinary resistance", so it is still a form of resistance.

Yes, I just mean that while she resists the puppetry, she couldn't negate the chocking, so probably doesn't apply to all abilities, at the very least not to blunt force and other things like it.

Why would power null apply to brute force though?

Although idk if i wanna call it power null or just gaining resistance.

I wouldn't consider this Power Null and just an effect of their Fate Manipulation, which is how the story seems to be phrasing it.

We see that he's able to bind her, but fate had reinforced her in such a way he couldn't bypass, so he needed to depend on her to choke herself out.

It's less Null and just twisting Fate in a way that it won't work.

Power Null is, well, nullifying powers. Only because something is physical doesn't mean it can't be nulled.

Simce fate is mentioned here, it could be fair to assume that they are forcing a course of events to happen, so Causality Manipulation, since they are making something happen regardless or obstacles.

Only because something is physical doesn't mean it can't be nulled.
Ok but i mean more "we don't assume it can".

Simce fate is mentioned here, it could be fair to assume that they are forcing a course of events to happen, so Causality Manipulation, since they are making something happen regardless or obstacles.
Should i add this in their causality/fate description?

Not sure. It wouldn't hurt anyone, though I've been told that I should list the abilities characters have instead of linking a profile for it, so you'd probably still need to put the same thing into every profile that needs it.

I am fine with that, agree even. Just had some people express their dislike for me doing something similar.

Did someone mention a verse-exclusive ability page for Desperado? I've been wanting that for a while, so I agree with it.

Isnt this just their fate manipulation/causality manipulation? Wouldnt say its power nullification, I already assumed their abillities worked this way.

Yeah but it's fate that can make people be unaffected by abilities. It's a noteworthy enough application to be mentioned on the profile.

Ok the ability page is up. Y'all can check it out.

People have also asked me to make one for blazers but idk if that's necessary.

Wasn't there a thing about not allowing verse specific power pages unless they had a large amount of powers which most, if not all of the characters with that power had, and it applied to a good amount of characters?

This page would only apply to 7/31 pages, a little more than a 5th of the currently existing pages, and contains a grand total of 7 powers.

4 of those powers and the 5 sub uses of the fate and causality manip (not their own abilities, just uses of 2 of the 4 powers) would apply to all 7 pages, and the extra 3 powers would only apply to some pages.

In addition, even if it was allowed to stay despite not meeting the criteria established in that thread, the page has a grand total of 0 scans or quotes, and just claims things without explaining why, which, seeing as you used PI as an example, isn't how you're supposed to do it.

also, if these quotes in the op are still coming after a Russian translation of a Japanese LN is translated into English, you should probably just start getting the Japanese raws translated instead, as there is a very high chance of things being lost in translation between 3 languages

This page would only apply to 7/31 pages, a little more than a 5th of the currently existing pages, and contains a grand total of 7 powers.
It applies to 9 from the ppl that have a profile, even more in reality but they just don't have a profile yet. So that's already almost a 3rd of the pages having the ability.

4 of those powers and the 5 sub uses of the fate and causality manip (not their own abilities, just uses of 2 of the 4 powers) would apply to all 7 pages, and the extra 3 powers would only apply to some pages.
Yes, the 3 other powers apply to 4 pages.

the page has a grand total of 0 scans or quotes, and just claims things without explaining why, which, seeing as you used PI as an example, isn't how you're supposed to do it.
Well all of the things i mentioned are things i've made a CRT to accept. Not random things i made up. As for the "isn't how you're supposed to do it", that depends.
Plant Physiology (Trigun)
Servant Physiology
Borrowed Power
Nen
None of these have any scans either.

you should probably just start getting the Japanese raws translated instead
There are no japanese raws. But we accept things that have been translated once, so i can post the russian quotes if you want since that is only japanese to russian.

Thing is, scans are preferable, not a reason to yeet the page. I mean i can do that.

It's just more work though. Might do it another time. Since today is too late for me and tomorrow is christmas so...

Wasn't there a thing about not allowing verse specific power pages unless they had a large amount of powers which most, if not all of the characters with that power had, and it applied to a good amount of characters?
I mean, Desperados are sadly a big amount of characters in Rakudai now. Basically all players of the current arc are Desperados, and they also were a big number during the two previous arcs, so saying "few characters have it" is defninitely not a counter argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back