• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(R1M3) 8-B Shooters Tournament: Megatron (Transformers DS) VS Harpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hub

Time to continue this tournament off with the match as the leader of the Decepticons, Megatron (nominated by @XSOULOFCINDERX), fights the Monstrous Humanoid, Harpy (nominated by @Tllmbrg)!

This is Base Megatron and Archer Harpy. Rules stated in the tournament hub.

Who wins?

Megatron: 7 (Mr. Bambu, Popted2, Tllmbrg, Adem Warlock69, FantaRin The First, Psychomaster35, XSOULOFCINDERX)

Harpy:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
So as far as I can tell Megatron and the Harpy are roughly equal stat wise with Megatron having a vast edge in LS which likely won't come to play
How fast can he shoot his blasts and how large are they?

So as far as I can tell Megatron and the Harpy are roughly equal stat wise with Megatron having a vast edge in LS which likely won't come to play
Megatron is stronger than Optimus who is stronger than Brawl who is stronger than Ironhide who is 75.49 Tons. Base Starscream is equal-ish to Ironhide and he One-Shot Blackout who stomps groups of enemies that are 38.72 Tons. His Gun shoots two types of ammunition, a Laser Cannon and a Scattergun that fires explosives which are stronger than the Laser. He can also turn into his Vehicle Form which turns his Explosives into Homing Missiles.

"Roughly equal", you say?
Megatron is stronger than Optimus who is stronger than Brawl who is stronger than Ironhide who is 75.49 Tons. Base Starscream is equal-ish to Ironhide and he One-Shot Blackout who stomps groups of enemies that are 38.72 Tons. His Gun shoots two types of ammunition, a Laser Cannon and a Scattergun that fires explosives which are stronger than the Laser. He can also turn into his Vehicle Form which turns his Explosives into Homing Missiles.
...."Roughly equal", even with that information in mind?
What value does the Harpy scale to?

That’s the 8-A calc though
We’re using the 8-B which is far lower

So:
Vs
So Megatron is superior to a 75.49 tonner, who is roughly equal to someone who stomps 38.72 ton enemies.

Although I doubt Megatron is twice or even 1 & a half times as strong as Optimus, but still, he's probably close to but less than twice as strong as the Harpy's scaling point, I'd estimate.

Could the Harpy's projectiles or attack pierce Megatron's... hull? If they did, what happens? Does Megatron leak liquid energon? Does it damage him or lessen his Stamina? Do you need to take out his Spark to kill him?

So:

Vs

So Megatron is superior to a 75.49 tonner, who is roughly equal to someone who stomps 38.72 ton enemies.

Although I doubt Megatron is twice or even 1 & a half times as strong as Optimus, but still, he's probably close to but less than twice as strong as the Harpy's scaling point, I'd estimate.

Could the Harpy's projectiles or attack pierce Megatron's... hull? If they did, what happens? Does Megatron leak liquid energon? Does it damage him or lessen his Stamina? Do you need to take out his Spark to kill him?
Megatron has a Repair System that can fully repair him from being shot at for several minutes straight while he was beyond nerfed and unconscious due to being frozen after a couple minutes of not taking damage. So you would basically just have to overtax his Repair System and keep him from healing.

Megatron has a Repair System that can fully repair him from being shot at for several minutes straight while he was beyond nerfed and unconscious due to being frozen after a couple minutes of not taking damage. So you would basically just have to overtax his Repair System and keep him from healing.
He was... "beyond nerfed" by being frozen? Being frozen doesn't lessen his Regeneration, nor his AP, Striking Strength or Durability, does it?
Also, what's the point of bringing up "after a couple of minutes of not taking damage"?
How did Megatron become frozen, how long was he frozen, how did he unfreeze, & how quickly did he become unfrozen?
Is the Repair System tied to his Spark? Is Megatron known to have a Spark or a Spark Chamber in this continuity?
Does overtaxing the Repair System kill him, or just render him unconscious? For how long?
If you destroyed his Spark, his Repair System wouldn't allow him to come back, right?

He was... "beyond nerfed" by being frozen? Being frozen doesn't lessen his Regeneration, nor his AP, Striking Strength or Durability, does it?
Also, what's the point of bringing up "after a couple of minutes of not taking damage"?
How did Megatron become frozen, how long was he frozen, how did he unfreeze, & how quickly did he become unfrozen?
Is the Repair System tied to his Spark? Is Megatron known to have a Spark or a Spark Chamber in this continuity?
Does overtaxing the Repair System kill him, or just render him unconscious? For how long?
If you destroyed his Spark, his Repair System wouldn't allow him to come back, right?
He was frozen because he Crash landed in the Arctic a million years ago and it rendered all of his systems completely inoperable and considering he was actually at risk of being killed by literal Fodder that gets shit on even by Blackout (who is the weakest character that isn't a nameless Drone or human weapon) while he was frozen if Create-A-Bot wasn't guarding him while he thawed out then yes, he does get nerfed by being frozen.

His repair system only works when he's not taking damage, it both is and isn't combat applicable because it works kinda like Call of Duty mechanics where he can't heal if he's taking damage but starts healing when he isn't.

Their anatomy is extremely vague in the DS Games, just that they die after taking too much damage whatever that may be.

He was frozen because he Crash landed in the Arctic a million years ago and it rendered all of his systems completely inoperable and considering he was actually at risk of being killed by literal Fodder that gets shit on even by Blackout (who is the weakest character that isn't a nameless Drone or human weapon) while he was frozen if Create-A-Bot wasn't guarding him while he thawed out then yes, he does get nerfed by being frozen.
Oh I see. So this Megatron gets weakened by being frozen, which can be caused by even temperatures like those of the arctic 1 million years ago?
How cold SHOULD that be?

Anyway, that seems like good news for the Harpy, because....

Cold Manipulation (Their bow has the Frost[7] quality)
& for anyone having trouble reading that small scan:
Captivating Song (Su): Will DC 17 negates.
Possessions: +3 studded leather, +1 frost composite longbow (+1 Str bonus), 10 cold iron arrows, 10 silvered arrows, 5 +2 arrows, lesser bracers of archery, potion of cure moderate wounds, potion of cat's grace, cloak of resistance +2, ring of protection +1. (Different harpy archers may have different possessions.)

Captivating Song isn't relevant, but their bow being a Frost Composite Longbow, I'd assume, means their arrows do cold damage.
Bad news is I don't how good at actually freezing stuff they are, PLUS, Megatron is huge, isn't he? Checking profile, he has.... Unspecified Type 1?
Type 1 (Building-sized); Characters at least 13-14 meters tall, or the size of building.
Megatron is almost certainly at least 13 to 14 meters tall, but we don't how tall?

Anyway, this would means he's easily more than 7 times the harpy's size, at a minimum, if not 8 or 9 times. That's A LOT of Cybertronian to freeze, & IDK if the Harpy has any way to fire more arrows/projectiles than the 25 listed in their possessions. Still, since it's a +1 frost composite longbow, I'd ASSUME it's good at freezing things, but maybe not?

Any D&D experts willing to weigh in here?
His repair system only works when he's not taking damage, it both is and isn't combat applicable because it works kinda like Call of Duty mechanics where he can't heal if he's taking damage but starts healing when he isn't.
Ah okay. & he can heal from "frozen & fodderized" to full strength in nearly a few minutes of being uninterrupted? & he's roughly nearly twice as durable as the harpy's AP, I'd imagine.

Though, the harpy to its credit, has other things that MIGHT help?
Disease Manipulation (Contact with a Harpy can inflict various diseases[3]), Sound Manipulation (Can emit deadly screeches[4])
(IDK if Cybertronians might be subject to the diseases, though. They're only "Cyber-Organic", right?)
Natural Weaponry (Use their claws[1] in combat)
Weapon Mastery (Are adept in using clubs[1])
Stealth Mastery (Shown here[4])
All previous abilities plus further Weapon Mastery (Are highly skilled in archery due to various feats[5]. As a 7th level Fighter[5] they should be proficient in all simple and martial weapons[6])

I guess there's also the question of non-violently defeating Megatron?

Mind Manipulation (Their singing[1] and touch[2] can charm people),
Social Influencing (Are skilled in intimidating[5] their opponents)

Aside from the obvious species & size differences (Megatron, is a masculine, gigantic pseudo-robot-alien thing, the harpy is a balding, bird-person hag-like thing.), is there reasons to assume Megatron would not be vulnerable to the charm or intimidation?
I'd assume he's not easily intimidated, but I don't know this incarnation's feats....

Last edited:
and this shuld be useless against a inorganic
Fair. I wouldn't be surprised if it were indeed useless, lol. I just recall Cybertronians being subject to diseases & such in other continuities, though I'm unsure about how often those have come from organic sources.

Anyway, good luck. If you do end up being interested, that's great, but if not, that's fine, too. It's fine for people to enjoy things, as well as to have their own preferences, after all. : )

Lol, this last part looked like It got out of a eductional cartoon for kids
Lol. Am I that saccharine & cliched? Still, I believe it to be true.
Keeping "on theme" & quoting some educational material often used for kids by quoting Dr. Seuss: "I said what I meant & I meant what I said."
I wouldn't have told you that it's fine to enjoy things & to have your own preferences if I didn't believe that to be true myself.

Movie Megatron is 35ft tall , and DS is a movie tie in.
35 feet = 10.66800 meters
By this measurement, Megatron falls under the size range of Large Size Type 0, not Large Size Type 1, then.
Still a lot of Cybertronian to freeze, though, lol.

35 feet = 10.66800 meters
By this measurement, Megatron falls under the size range of Large Size Type 0, not Large Size Type 1, then.
Still a lot of Cybertronian to freeze, though, lol.
Large Size Type 1 comes from him being almost identical in height to Create-A-Bot's Tallest Form in the game which is this tall.

Large Size Type 1 comes from him being almost identical in height to Create-A-Bot's Tallest Form in the game which is this tall.
Oh, okay, so Create-A-Bot in that, was measured at 17.2152581646m.
But which size of Create-A-Bot is that Calc using? The tallest? The average? The shortest? Some other size?
Either way, thanks for that explanation.

Anyway, anyone got any opinion on these matters?:
Oh I see. So this Megatron gets weakened by being frozen, which can be caused by even temperatures like those of the arctic 1 million years ago?
How cold SHOULD that be?

Anyway, that seems like good news for the Harpy, because....

Cold Manipulation (Their bow has the Frost[7] quality)
& for anyone having trouble reading that small scan:
Captivating Song (Su): Will DC 17 negates.
Possessions: +3 studded leather, +1 frost composite longbow (+1 Str bonus), 10 cold iron arrows, 10 silvered arrows, 5 +2 arrows, lesser bracers of archery, potion of cure moderate wounds, potion of cat's grace, cloak of resistance +2, ring of protection +1. (Different harpy archers may have different possessions.)

Captivating Song isn't relevant, but their bow being a Frost Composite Longbow, I'd assume, means their arrows do cold damage.
Bad news is I don't how good at actually freezing stuff they are, PLUS, Megatron is huge, isn't he? Checking profile, he has.... Unspecified Type 1?
Type 1 (Building-sized); Characters at least 13-14 meters tall, or the size of building.
Megatron is almost certainly at least 13 to 14 meters tall, but we don't how tall?

Anyway, this would means he's easily more than 7 times the harpy's size, at a minimum, if not 8 or 9 times. That's A LOT of Cybertronian to freeze, & IDK if the Harpy has any way to fire more arrows/projectiles than the 25 listed in their possessions. Still, since it's a +1 frost composite longbow, I'd ASSUME it's good at freezing things, but maybe not?

Any D&D experts willing to weigh in here?

Ah okay. & he can heal from "frozen & fodderized" to full strength in nearly a few minutes of being uninterrupted? & he's roughly nearly twice as durable as the harpy's AP, I'd imagine.

Though, the harpy to its credit, has other things that MIGHT help?
Disease Manipulation (Contact with a Harpy can inflict various diseases[3]), Sound Manipulation (Can emit deadly screeches[4])
(IDK if Cybertronians might be subject to the diseases, though. They're only "Cyber-Organic", right?)
Natural Weaponry (Use their claws[1] in combat)
Weapon Mastery (Are adept in using clubs[1])
Stealth Mastery (Shown here[4])
All previous abilities plus further Weapon Mastery (Are highly skilled in archery due to various feats[5]. As a 7th level Fighter[5] they should be proficient in all simple and martial weapons[6])

I guess there's also the question of non-violently defeating Megatron?

Mind Manipulation (Their singing[1] and touch[2] can charm people),
Social Influencing (Are skilled in intimidating[5] their opponents)

Aside from the obvious species & size differences (Megatron, is a masculine, gigantic pseudo-robot-alien thing, the harpy is a balding, bird-person hag-like thing.), is there reasons to assume Megatron would not be vulnerable to the charm or intimidation?
I'd assume he's not easily intimidated, but I don't know this incarnation's feats....

It may be worthwhile to get D&D Experts.
Among other questions, there's stuff like how much would the Harpy's arrows freeze.
There's also stuff like how good is this Megatron's aim, does he use multiple blasters or just once, or does he have a singular cannon, how would the Mind Manip/Intimidation Social Influencing matchup go, & a bunch of other stuff.

It may be worthwhile to get D&D Experts.
no

don't do it

please

anyways

I'll be honest, the Harpy kinda sucks. The frost property could freeze segments of Megatron but it isn't really shown to just instantly encase comparable foes, it mostly serves as a damage boost. Cat's Grace can be used to buff themselves even further but certainly not enough to account for the gap in AP. Everything else about this fight is more or less bollocks. The Harpy has healing but Megatron has minimal passive regen. Both can fly, both can fight with extreme adeptness, so on and so forth.

I think Megatron takes it by right of pure and simple AP. That is my vote.

Dammit I was trying to ignore this so it will die
Anyways yah Megatron FRA

no

don't do it

please

anyways

I'll be honest, the Harpy kinda sucks. The frost property could freeze segments of Megatron but it isn't really shown to just instantly encase comparable foes, it mostly serves as a damage boost. Cat's Grace can be used to buff themselves even further but certainly not enough to account for the gap in AP. Everything else about this fight is more or less bollocks. The Harpy has healing but Megatron has minimal passive regen. Both can fly, both can fight with extreme adeptness, so on and so forth.

Due to this post and its reasoning that states Megatron has the AP advantage (alongside other things in his favor), I vote for Megatron FRA.

I was already in Megatron's Camp to begin with since I'm like the only person on this entire site that knows how the characters from the DS Game work. Megatron FRA.

no

don't do it

please
Why not?
anyways

But yeah, reasonable. I was in part pondering if the Harpy's stealth or skill could help it.
Maybe it could dodge or scratch enough.... But of course, it only has 25 arrows anyway, lol.

Plus, in a ranged fight, if Megatron CAN use 2 blasters at once versus the Harpy's singular arrow, the Harpy is gonna get outprojectiled, & having to dodge 2 arms firing in different directions at once probably means Megatron gets his KFC sooner rather than later.

So I also vote Megatron.
Dammit I was trying to ignore this so it will die
Anyways yah Megatron FRA
This is a tournament match. It would hold up the tournament if it didn't finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back