• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Upgrade Thing for Metroid

Well you need to prove the laser beams are real light first.

This is literally the one post I can do for today and tomorrow

If they're stated to be laser beams and generally follow the light guidelines then they can be used I assume. We used laser statements for the Beamos calc in Zelda.

Beamos actually have portrayals in addition to other features of light to be considered real lasers. There is this page for more details about requirements for light. But I don't think Space Pirates' beams have demonstrated the same things; they just look more like electric bolts, which doesn't mean lightning bolts either.

I will note that Samus used to be FTL in Fusion Suit based on the B.O.X. Security bot's EMR Waves, but this calc is iffy. I also need to ask, which game does this come from? If it's Super Metroid, she's already wearing a suit that has Massively FTL+ speed feats making this one not really relevant.

Space Pirates beams don't contradict anything though. Them "looking like bolts" is kinda moot because of the statement and them moving in straight lines among other things.

Which other things exactly? I don't see any evidence besides the straight line and the name.

There's probably some other evidence out there, but it would be good to search for it.

Does it get deflected off glass or something?

Also, isn't Samus in a planet with hundreds of times Earth gravity, which would make the feat much higher? Or is that not in Super Metroid?

Calaca Vs said:
Which other things exactly? I don't see any evidence besides the straight line and the name.
Oh, sorry. Samus' projectiles and such can't touch or stop these beams yet they can freeze enemies. Implying a less physical nature, as the attacks go through them.

And iirc gravity doesn't affect light speed.

Space Pirate's beams look rather wavy; that's not really a strait line. And it doesn't stretch indefinitely like light does; it's just a short floating wavy line which light doesn't do.

Also, if this happened in Super Metroid, than the feat is kind of irrelevant, because this would be Samus's High 6-A key who is already 131 Billion times FTL which is obviously Massively FTL+.

Edit: Oh yeah, the broken link is do the that fact that we have a pair of "[[ ]]" inside another "[[ ]]". The "[[aaaa [[ ]] aaaa]]" format doesn't work.

This is for scaling base Space Pirates.

And it has to move in a straight line by the way, nothing on the page says absolute straight line for shape.

There still kind of needs to be other details; those "lasers" aren't quite outright stated to be the speed of light. The being unaffected by gravity or phasing through walls might have some background to it. Additionally, they're stated to have Wave Beam like properties; which Wave Beam is stated to make use of Electromagnetic/Radio Waves. EMR waves are lightspeed, but I have a feeling SomebodyData might have something to say about that.

>Stated to be lasers, this is generally assumed to be lightspeed if it consistently showed.

>Go in a straight line.

>Unaffected by things that are usually physical interaction and seemingly are only seen interacted with by Samus, who has non-physical interaction and light manip as a listed ability.

>If they are similar to EMR waves, that's just more for the lasers being the usual speed of light ones.

"Generally assumed" Almost never actually.

The trajectory is a straight line, the actual lasers aren't straight

They explode upon impact in Other M (Then again it is Other M)

I'm pretty sure that's speculation all over.

It was a nice upgrade attempt tho, for what its worth.

Yeah, additionally, the Wave Beam is shown to be wayyyyyyyy faster than the Space Pirate's attacks and movements in all games. So even if we accepted that; which I think it was considered too vague, we decided not to use it. Especially since most of the time after Zero Mission, it's technically Massively FTL+. Plus, as mentioned above, if you want to do a calc, preferably use a game where Samus isn't quite Massively FTL+ pre-Zero Mission, begging of Fusion, and Zero Suit are the only ones.

Back