• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

questions about sasukes profile

hebi sasuke and grey suit sasuke are essentially the same person why do they have different keys yet after taka sasuke it jumps straight to EMS/post kage summit, kage summit sasuke should have his own key because its when he had the raikage dodge feat clashed with mifune was way better with amatrasu as well as finally used his sussano

should amat be considered hellfire manip since it easily overcame another fire jutsu and burns for days?

sasuke should have genius on his profile his deidara itachi and few other fights were elite level strategy

Okay, so--there's a key for Start of Shippuden Sasuke, and then a key for Curse Mark Level 2 Sasuke, and also counting Kirin in that tier. That's it.

Amaterasu is not hellfire for the soul reason that it does not originate from a hell or other metaphysical/eldritch source.

Sasuke is gifted at most. The only real genius in the series is Shikamaru; in Sasuke's fight with Deidara, Deidara had completely abandoned strategy in his rush to show the superiority of his art. As for Itachi, the only real strategy Sasuke had was throwing around all those fire techniques to build enough heat to make storm clouds, and that's really just a clever use of common meteorological knowledge. Compared to Shikamaru, who is rated as a genius on this site, Sasuke is average in comparison. If Shikamaru was in Sasuke's skin, the fight with Deidara would have probably ended a lot earlier.

A Stoned Orc said:
Okay, so--there's a key for Start of Shippuden Sasuke, and then a key for Curse Mark Level 2 Sasuke, and also counting Kirin in that tier. That's it.

Amaterasu is not hellfire for the soul reason that it does not originate from a hell or other metaphysical/eldritch source.

Sasuke is gifted at most. The only real genius in the series is Shikamaru; in Sasuke's fight with Deidara, Deidara had completely abandoned strategy in his rush to show the superiority of his art. As for Itachi, the only real strategy Sasuke had was throwing around all those fire techniques to build enough heat to make storm clouds, and that's really just a clever use of common meteorological knowledge. Compared to Shikamaru, who is rated as a genius on this site, Sasuke is average in comparison. If Shikamaru was in Sasuke's skin, the fight with Deidara would have probably ended a lot earlier.
Ok Fair enough Id argue minato itachi and kakashi are also geniuses And despite deidaras temper he and sasuke still displayed a battle of wits, deidara using clay clones to trap sasuke in the c4 tested out the range of his chidori sharp spear, Sasuke lost his wing and knew their were earth style bombs in the ground so he threw his sword cloaked in lightning to nullify the bombs and give him a footstool to add range to his attack, using chidori to negate the bombs in his body faking his death with genjutsu etc

Yeah, but again, none of that is really genius-worthy, it's just clever.

Sasuke saw Deidara weaving signs associated with Earth Release when Deidara made his Detonating Clay, so he correctly assumed that Lightning Release would nullify the bombs.

Like, a lot of that is pretty basic strategy considering the skills of those involved. There was really no "aha, checkmate" moment of any of those strategies or anything like that. As opposed to Shikamaru, who masterfully manipulated Hidan into using Kakuzu's blood for his technique, and then proceeded to trap him underground for the rest of his immortal life.

Sasuke is gifted; Kakashi is gifted. Itachi might qualify as a genius, but I'd have to go back and look through his fights. But none of them compare to Shika/Shikamaru/Shikadai's strategic genius.

What defines,determines a genius by vs battle wiki standards how does it differentiates from society standards and the author of the respective verse?

So I just read the requirements of a genius according to vs battle wiki though it's a bit arbitrary in my opinion . According to the ( suggested rankings reasoning "Individuals with an exceptional capacity for knowledge and intelligence, generally in one area of varying depth" Could essentially be worthy of said title. According to this Sakura Haruno should have that title , as well as Kabuto or any high level medical min or hunter nin which reminds me haku should have this title as well Something I'm not entirely sure about is there a significant difference between predicting the future through mental calculation and thinking of several likely possible outcomes of the future is one significantly better then the other or are they ultimately the same? Would they both suggest genius?

Pretty sure feats matter more than just hearsay.

Yes, Sakura and Kabuto are excellent medical ninjas--with the aid of chakra, they can perform complex surgeries that real-life modern medicine cannot reproduce. Kabuto should certainly qualify as a genius near to or equal to Orochimaru, as he was able to make improvements on Edo Tensei that Orochimaru hadn't, among other things. Tsunade, too--but Sakura? Sakura really hasn't done anything special to qualify her as a genius, same for Haku. They're elite, highly-capable ninja, but a lot of that comes from their physical prowess and abilities. They have smart heads on their shoulders to go with that, but they're not portrayed as anything exceptional (Sakura thought poison would work to kill Sasuke, even though I'm pretty sure it's revealed earlier on in the series via his Bingo Book entry that Sasuke is highly resistant to poison via Orochimaru's experiments).

You don't have to have a genius-level intellect to be a highly-capable hunter-nin, or medical nin, even. Would you consider every real-life surgeon to be a genius?

As for the last thing, that's just splitting hairs--it's all considered Precognition here. I think if someone is able to quickly predict the future via mathematical variables, similar to Amadeus Cho, that's definitely supergenius level.

A Stoned Orc said:
Yeah, but again, none of that is really genius-worthy, it's just clever.

Sasuke saw Deidara weaving signs associated with Earth Release when Deidara made his Detonating Clay, so he correctly assumed that Lightning Release would nullify the bombs. And itachi has to be among the top of the verse in intelligence, he stopped the edo implanted amat in sasukes eye knew how to beat chibaku tensei etc

Like, a lot of that is pretty basic strategy considering the skills of those involved. There was really no "aha, checkmate" moment of any of those strategies or anything like that. As opposed to Shikamaru, who masterfully manipulated Hidan into using Kakuzu's blood for his technique, and then proceeded to trap him underground for the rest of his immortal life.

Sasuke is gifted; Kakashi is gifted. Itachi might qualify as a genius, but I'd have to go back and look through his fights. But none of them compare to Shika/Shikamaru/Shikadai's strategic genius.
Outsmarting somebody else who is very smart is still a feat deidaara isn't a slouch with plans either so its rather hard to checkmate him, shikamaru had prep time with his plan where as sasuke had no knowledge of deidaras abilities

Look, I'm not denying that any of those characters aren't intelligent; simply that nothing they've done really qualifies as genius-worthy. Without his Sharingan to be able to perceive the microscopic bombs, and perform genjutsu (Sasuke sucked at genjutsu without his Sharingan, as noted in Part 1), Deidara would have eradicated Sasuke right there.

And like I said, Deidara abandoned strategy fairly quickly into the fight, after Sasuke foiled the major one with Tobi by simply using Lightning Release against an Earth Release-based technique, which again, is common knowledge amongst any shinobi with half a brain.

i would consider one who is exceptional , clever , crafty a natural ability to analyze and adapt under pressure to be a clear trait of genius worthy if we were to place exceptional hunter/ medical nin such kabuto , shizune , sakura and haku in our reality they consistently have showings of being genius worthy i would also consider any the top surgeon in our countries to be considered genius worthy given there extensive knowledge on the human anatomy how well they can perform under pressure in critical situations we know medical nins within naruto exceed our knowledge and ability

now regarding haku

haku being taught about human physiology knowing enough about the human body to place someone in a near death state momentarily halting the heart beat of zabuza completely outsmarting kakashi who is implied to be kabutos level all around of course kabuto being genius worthy coming from a back ground of medical nin also is cable of a similar feat which was shown during his cat and mouse altercation with kakashi would make a case for haku to be genius worthy debatable

regarding sakura

i would disagree i believe sakura has consistently been depicted as genius worthy even in part 1 often been implied the fact that you believe tsuande is worthy of said title oppose to sakura is odd its no coincidence that her chakra control is the best in the entire verse which requires both natural ability and intelligence the fact that aside from tsunade sakura is the only one who can perform the creation rebirth , 100 healing not to mention chiyo thought the only medical nin who can save kankuro was tsuande however sakura proved she was more then capable

even in her altercation with sasori by the way sasori is by all means worthy of said title by vs battle standards and by your standard during your point about kabuto improving a single technique more so then orochimaru sasori is stated, and shown to advance the development of puppet ninjutsu and its mastery hes even stated in the guide to be a "genius " and to " defy conventional wisdom"

sakura was able to show proficient knowledge in toxicology being able to effectively analyze and develop a cure for sasori poison which chyio her self couldn't do keep in mind chiyo developed an antidote for hanzos salamander

but something that gets easily over looked is her analytical abilities , observation skills during her fight against sasori sakura was able to read the movements, strikes of sasori puppets through observing sasoris fingers , arm gestures i find that this feat is more impressive then shikamarus feat during his fight against tayuya reading her fingers to perceive the movements of her summonings

my reasoning for that is based on the fact the tayuya ability isn't as deceptive its more liner, easy to read then oppose to sasori in a sense she repeats the same pattern to cause the same movement

sakura observation and judgement is more impressive due to the mechanics , workings of puppet mastery nin controlling the puppets through emitting chakra from the finger tips making it a lot harder to anticipate the movements of the puppets simply by observing the fingers in which case sasori can control tens of puppets with just a single finger leaving his puppets movements unable to be telegraphed

yet sakura without any kinetic vision augments , multi-step visual perception was able to read the patterns of sasoris attacks speaks nothing but genius levels of intelligence

it should be noted she was doing this while consciously a massing chakra for the creation rebirth technique.

A Stoned Orc said:
Look, I'm not denying that any of those characters aren't intelligent; simply that nothing they've done really qualifies as genius-worthy. Without his Sharingan to be able to perceive the microscopic bombs, and perform genjutsu (Sasuke sucked at genjutsu without his Sharingan, as noted in Part 1), Deidara would have eradicated Sasuke right there.

And like I said, Deidara abandoned strategy fairly quickly into the fight, after Sasuke foiled the major one with Tobi by simply using Lightning Release against an Earth Release-based technique, which again, is common knowledge amongst any shinobi with half a brain.
I dont think deidara abonded strategy quickly he has tobi plant the bombs and he was pin pointing attacks from his dragon above, he also tested out the range of his chidori spear and hovered right outside of that, then he faked letting his guard down so sasuke would get close and attack him but all along it was a clay clone ready to trap sasuke in c4

Back