• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about versus threads in the new forum

Probably not. I don't know how the polls work, but I'm guessing you can't change your answer once you put it in, which happens quite a bit in vs threads

They shouldn't. Anyone can vote on a poll without any reason. In a normal match you at least have to make an argument for something and then the FRAs are determined based on that. If the argument that made the FRA train is debunked so are the votes, this isn't something that can be done with a poll, at least not reliably.

Probably not. I don't know how the polls work, but I'm guessing you can't change your answer once you put it in, which happens quite a bit in vs threads
Polls are decently customizable, so there is enough versatility.
oYshtXq.png

It would be too troublesome to make them a requirement, however an argument can be made to mention them as something 'recommended'.
But there is the issue of voting without providing reason/justification. So I am leaning on no, unless the votes are public and the thread creator asks people to provide justification before their votes are counted/not-ignored.

Nah like everyone said above. Clicking an answer without even responding to the thread with an actual argument as to why one or the other wins would make things troublesome and confusing.

The only use the poll system would have is tracking the number of people on a side.

Back