• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about transcendence of infinite multiverse

Just reviewing a friend's fic universe for a potential profile they've been asking me to make, and the creator deity says that existence is composed of "infinite multiverses of every timeline, possibility, reality that are infinitely replicating" and then goes on to say that there are a good amount of deities who transcend that existence, and then the creator deity himself still infinitely transcends those deities.

Of course there's more to that but I've condensed it to basically demonstrate what their gods are capable of.

I mean from my perspective, this is obviously 1-A or god forbid, Tier 0. But making profiles for those will be a massive pain so I wanted to get a second opinion to see if I missed something.

First thing is baseline 2-A
The deities that transcend are 5-D, Low 1-C
The creator that transcends those deities is 6-D, Low 1-C

Alright that's good to hear, thanks. Infinite transcendence for the creator deity is not enough I assume to put it higher?

nope.

in fact, "transcendence" doesn't even automatically jump you in dimensions anymore, but since this is FCOC it's fine.

Well gonna try and condense it based on what I've read.

Basically there's already existence itself as defined above, which you said was 2-A, and then beyond that, is the maelstrom of gods that are beyond existence and all its concepts, abstractions, etc., based on this excerpt:

"Outside of the infinitely replicating multiverses and possibilities is an endless sea of boundless beings that would make any 'god' on this planet wet themselves. These are not your average run-of-the-mill beings, they are not limited by a concept of existence and non-existence, having always been since the beginning."

But the creator then proceeds to add that even existence, and the maelstrom of gods are basically an afterthought relative to how far done they are compared to the creator themselves, with even the endless layering of eternal gods who transcend concepts of existence, size, space may as well be fiction to her:

"Even then, the infinite number of boundless beings so are practically just an afterthought to me. You have no idea how far this goes up, it's an endless pile of horrors completely transcending the next, layers upon layers of gods just us unreachable to the previous as the next layer is to them. I may be able to reach far enough down to meet those limited by existence such as you, but not even the highest in this endless chain of eldritch beings can reach me."

Oh, wait, that could actually be High 1-B or Low 1-A for the creator guy.

The Gods seem to go up to High 1-B, assuming there's an infinite number of them

Interesting, the creator already being that strong, that would probably mean they could scale higher based on some other implications of the story, but that's not important. I think High 1-B should be sufficient unless I wring out some more about them.

Back