• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about immortality

Would it be possible and balanced to have immortal character with type 1,3,8 and a type 2 self sustenance ability that kicks in only when in grave situations, is unable to have any form of disorder, disease, rot etc and current disorders and diseases are masked by the super strong regeneration. The regeneration while high godly in essence (as defined by the VS battles wiki) does not apply in non mortal wounds thus normal medical care is still needed and only kicks in when limbs are lost or death happens etc. Also the character memory capabilities is buffed so while you still got to study brain acts like a cloud "downloading and uploading data" to give impression of forgetting even if you can accumulate as many memories and skills with no degradation but still need to put in effort to learn Additionally at most the character can only be 10-A tier however as a flip side no other character from no other verse can end the character existence by any ability, existence erasure, omniverse erasure anything. For example would such a character be ok if it can be beaten all the time by any other character but be unkillable/incapable of being erased?

I don't know what you mean by ok? If a character like that exists then you can add them to the wiki it doesn't matter what their abilities are or how complex or busted they may be. Of course, you need to make sure you provide scans and proof for everything.

At the same time if this is some fan-made character and not a part of a real verse then you should make it in FC/OC or Joke Battles. From what I can tell though alot of this stuff seems like a NFL.

Would it be possible and balanced to have immortal character with type 1,3,8 and a type 2 self sustenance

The regeneration while high godly in essence (as defined by the VS battles wiki)

Additionally at most the character can only be 10-A tier however as a flip side no other character from no other verse can end the character existence by any ability, existence erasure, omniverse erasure anything. For example would such a character be ok if it can be beaten all the time by any other character but be unkillable/incapable of being erased?
Gonna be straight and tell you this is not a good idea to put on a profile. It'll come off as extremely boring, NLF, and Smurf trodden.

Why? I am still new so idk sincerely hope you can explain to me, why is it boring, and what smurf and nlf mean in this instance?

Because its a character who cannot be beaten by normal means relative to the tier they are in, and would only really be usable in a debate against other characters with who are again, similarly busted relative to their tiering, better known as a smurf.

No Limits Fallacy is the idea that a character or ability can just in the simpilist terms I can use for this example overcome anything that is thrown at them because its claimed that they can and will, with complete disregard to statistics, past showings, or even a verses own lore.
no other character from no other verse can end the character existence by any ability, existence erasure, omniverse erasure anything.
This gives off extreme no limits fallacy implications. As if the character was made for the sole purpose of being strong or having an OP ability. Such is why I used the term boring in my previous comment.

Because its a character who cannot be beaten by normal means relative to the tier they are in, and would only really be usable in a debate against other characters with who are again, similarly busted relative to their tiering, better known as a smurf.

No Limits Fallacy is the idea that a character or ability can just in the simpilist terms I can use for this example overcome anything that is thrown at them because its claimed that they can and will, with complete disregard to statistics, past showings, or even a verses own lore.

This gives off extreme no limits fallacy implications. As if the character was made for the sole purpose of being strong or having an OP ability. Such is why I used the term boring in my previous comment.
Ah so it's that boring to have a normal human whose only ability is absolute immortality that not even Tier 0 can beat, even if it's otherwise pointless as that immortality merely makes it a cockroach ie you can't get rid of it but neither can it ever stand against you and whatever bullets it fires out of a gun it will never match Cthulhu or Nyarlathotep? I mean the whole point of the character is to be that puny human that simply stares at you for all eternity and works as a plumber when not chased by the tax man for the third time this week and laments the loss of freedom that came with development of society while also appreciating it for it let's him and other people who (small in number) who ate the Ambrosia fruit to live their unending eternity in peace among fellow humans?

Also the immortals I speak of are supposed to be absolutely immortal against any character from any verse, while being simultaneously so weak they can't defeat most characters. And I honestly find it interesting for some settings like a part shounen/adventure part slice of life story

It’s only interesting in a story, depending on the writing. In actual matches, it’s jsut an unkillable rock That can’t fight back

It’s only interesting in a story, depending on the writing. In actual matches, it’s jsut an unkillable rock That can’t fight back
I agree, but such characters can still exist and be liked, but it also makes one wonder, the rock you spoke of can't fight back, but can it try to talk out of fights?

Its only has the possibility of being interesting, it takes good writing, focus and a substantial effort in contextualized grounding to do make it something people will potentially look at. Hence one of my reasons to not make writing something like this as a starting point for any first impressional context.
I agree, but such characters can still exist and be liked, but it also makes one wonder, the rock you spoke of can't fight back, but can it try to talk out of fights?
On a site with extremely low traffic and forum activity compared to its sister, that's also currently trying to keep characters with NLF like attributes off pages, I highly suggest focusing on something else at this point.

Its only has the possibility of being interesting, it takes good writing, focus and a substantial effort in contextualized grounding to do make it something people will potentially look at. Hence one of my reasons to not make writing something like this as a starting point for any first impressional context.

On a site with extremely low traffic and forum activity compared to its sister, that's also currently trying to keep characters with NLF like attributes off pages, I highly suggest focusing on something else at this point.
Got it.

Like I said, I wouldn't recommend making a character like that with those abilities, especially right now.

A few months ago, We had instituted a ban on Tier 1/0s (barring extreme exceptions) due to the number of ambiguously strong profiles in those tiers, and a lack of quality control regarding their creation and appraisal. This ban kicked at least 800 pages off the site, about 1/5th of the total number, and is still in effect today.

I apologize if I came off as bit antagonistic, but I'm hoping what I've brought up here helps contextualize everything I've brought up from my own perspective a bit more clearly.

Like I said, I wouldn't recommend making a character like that with those abilities, especially right now.

A few months ago, We had instituted a ban on Tier 1/0s (barring extreme exceptions) due to the number of ambiguously strong profiles in those tiers, and a lack of quality control regarding their creation and appraisal. This ban kicked at least 800 pages off the site, about 1/5th of the total number, and is still in effect today.

I apologize if I came off as bit antagonistic, but I'm hoping what I've brought up here helps contextualize everything I've brought up from my own perspective a bit more clearly.
Oh no, I actually liked reading your stuff, I'm new here, I'm happy I found fellow character ability nerds.

Back