• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puzzle and Dragons CRT: Hey Remember How We Just Did a Minor Downgrade? Weeeeeeeell...

XitSign

He/Him
Big Bang is here to undo all of that.

There's some simple stuff this affects, basically we're just going to be re-upgrading the High Tiers based on this.

However, in the fight there's some interesting bits of narration over the battle that might imply Big Bang either has unique abilities or some possible higher feat scaling. So lets jump right in.

Really quick, here is links to the last few CRTs for reference if they're needed:

Why We Scale Based On Rarity/Star Level

Where Fusion Values Come From and Lore Significance

The Recent, Minor Downgrade That We're Somewhat Undoing Because Gungho Are a Bunch Of Comedians

Current Fusion Values

1. The Easy Stuff:

Big Bang has 3 forms ('The One that Comes from the Chaos', 'The One that Writhes in the Void', and 'Zero Dimension Creator, Big Bang'), The one we care about though is 'The One that Writhes in the Void's fusion into its final form, 'Zero Dimension Creator, Big Bang' as it is superior to all our other options for 10 Star Monsters

Zero Dimension Creator, Big Bang = The One that Writhes in the Void (9 Star Monster), Giant Fire Gem (9 Star Monster), Giant Water Gem (9 Star Monster), Giant Wood Gem (9 Star Monster), Giant Light Gem (9 Star Monster), Giant Dark Gem (9 Star Monster) = 6x 9 Star Monsters = 6 x 1.1746936 x 10^46 = 7.0481616 x 10^46 4-B

Compare that to our current value of 1.6614451 x 10^46, and it's more substantial than I expected honestly... Only about a 4.2x difference but that's decently higher than my original expectations...I was expecting to barely get over 1x

Only 10 Star Monsters would scale to this, so very few characters will need any sorts of updates, and since it's not even a Tier change it's only a justification update. The only character currently on the wiki who even scales would be Mille

2. Stuff That's More Nebulous:

Big Bang...Is a big guy. The entirety of Big Bang's 'dungeon' is fought out in space (This happens a LOT in Puzzle and Dragons, both in the game and the anime...Does everyone just have space flight? Self-Sustenance? It's kinda silly how often this happens...), with the boss fight in particular always having planets and seemingly stars orbiting the battlefield.

And that's just the background, The One that Comes from the Chaos, The One that Writhes in the Void, and Zero Dimension Creator, Big Bang each are in the centers of massive, swirling sections of space that have all sorts of lights and shapes within as you can see in both the actual boss battle and the provided example stills.

'The One that Comes from the Chaos' has an idle animation where it extends an arm out from the sphere in the middle of this massive cosmic swirl, wraps it partway around the swirl, and both forms and crushes an energy sphere in its claw

'The One that Writhes in the Void's background becomes a lot more active, the planets and more distant celestial bodies are now orbiting it even faster, with particularly fast streaks in the distant sky flying around. It can flex it's still massively outstretched claws to send some of these orbiting celestial bodies right at the player's screen where they're revealed to be bright balls of light of some sort

'Zero Dimension Creator, Big Bang' has a very similar animation to what is above, waving his claw around before several lights suddenly rocket in from the darkness of space, crashing into the player back to back.

He has another animation of creating a massive ball of energy in that claw and just blowing it up on the player infront of himself, which considering his own huge size this is likely quite the substantial explosion

And he does it again, creates another massive energy ball that's even larger than before and detonates it to attack

And upon Big Bang's eventual defeat we can see that the massive light flare in the background goes with Big Bang in his death, and what is left behind is an even bigger scope of swirling space into a bit of blackness

All these examples make it clear that Big Bang is proportionally sized to his 'acceleration disk' surrounding him, and he's very obviously manipulating various celestial bodies, further confirming his sheer size scale.

Ontop of this, during the fight Big Bang has a number of 'cosmic' style named attacks. I know the names of attacks don't normally mean much without further evidence, but I feel it's supportive that they're clearly making a point of how large and space-themed he is:

The One that Comes from the Chaos: Gravity Zone, Accretion Disk, Supergravity, Event Horizon, Black Hole of Chaos

The One that Writhes in the Void: Galaxy Zone, Hyper Mass, Hyper Gravity, Galactic Nova, Galactic Nova of Chaos (Really mixing it up there)

Zero Dimension Creator, Big Bang: Cosmic Energy, Meteor Dust, Galaxy Hole, Black Nova, Wormhole, Supernova, Galaxy Power, Universe Energy

The fight also has narration boxes that play over Big Bang's actions, describing what is going on, with this pair being the most interesting about his size and the nature of the center of the acceleration disk:

When 'The One that Comes from the Chaos' transforms into 'The One that Writhes in the Void': "The Gravitational Force Intensifies..."

When 'The One that Writes in the Void' transforms into 'Zero Dimension Creator, Big Bang': "The dimension warps...It's true form emerges from the singularity!"

This seems to me that they're implying that the sphere in the center is meant to be a 'gravitational singularity', that what we're looking at is some sort of a Black Hole. This definitely needs to be looked into to determine if this would qualify by Black Hole standards, what it would mean for Big Bang's powers and resistances, and also what it means for his size scale as well (since there is a common theory that most major galaxies have their own black holes in the center, this may be implying that the acceleration disk we see is, indeed, a true galaxy)

And, of course, the elephant in the room: Big Bang's title as the 'Zero Dimension Creator'. I know titles aren't feats (We had a major debate in the last CRT about this), but it does at least need thrown out there that not only is that Big Bang's official title, it is also the name they give his dungeon, and the name of his unique passive ability is 'Stirring of the Creator'

I know all of that doesn't mean much on it's own, but I think the fact that the narration notes that Big Bang 'warps' the Dimension itself when he transforms makes it possibly supplementary evidence. If Big Bang's mere presence is enough to warp the dimension, is that enough of a feat of 'significantly affecting' to scale to anything?

So...That was a LOT of information, and what are the final conclusions here? I still don't totally know, this is an open space discussion for the thread.

Big Bang clearly eclipses planets, as well as lights inside of its acceleration disk that appear to be stars in his size. The narration states he exists within a singularity, and this singularity seems to be pulling together an acceleration disk very similar in shape to how we would depict a galaxy. And ontop of that his mere presence is enough to 'warp' the dimension. We need to determine which parts of those feats would qualify as only abilities, and which parts would qualify for scaling. We also need an idea of what size we can accept he truly is, and the possibility that he may have AP via that sheer size in the first place.

3. Conclusion:

-Big Bang's fusion value for 10 Star Monsters should upgrade them to 7.0481616 x 10^46 Joules

-A discussion about all of the things Big Bang does in his animation, what the narration tells us, and what his titles mean needs to be had to determine if any other changes need to be made. And regardless of scaling, a clear, accepted value of what 'Large Size' he should be is necessary.

Last edited:
You should message Ant on his message wall for him to ping notable supporters.

Bold of you to assume PAD has noteable supporters

I'm gonna give it a little more of a buffer since I just posted it to the CRT promotion thread not too long ago, but I eventually will if that doesn't work.

Bump, and I have rewritten parts of the CRT to trim it down to make it a quicker read, to hopefully get more attention on it.

I feel like... you probably should've just contacted me since I think I'm the only mod who replies to this verse.

But I'm okay with the minor tweak to rescaling
Big Bang clearly eclipses planets, as well as lights inside of its acceleration disk that appear to be stars in his size. The narration states he exists within a singularity, and this singularity seems to be pulling together an acceleration disk very similar in shape to how we would depict a galaxy. And ontop of that his mere presence is enough to 'warp' the dimension. We need to determine which parts of those feats would qualify as only abilities, and which parts would qualify for scaling. We also need an idea of what size we can accept he truly is, and the possibility that he may have AP via that sheer size in the first place.
The most I'd really give this without more information is a 4-A starry field thing assuming he's literally warping the dimensions space and it qualifies for the 4-A rating. Otherwise its just some form of 4-B. The only way for the black hole its in to get above 4-B is if it goes into AU size ranges.

Probably, yes, but I hate having the pester...And my own schedule's been a big wacked out. It's easy to once a day bump, a bit more time consuming to check the mods who I think will respond when I've been on a bit of a time crunch IRL, you know?

Scaling chain stuff is awesome to hear, I didn't think that would be controversial.

The most I'd really give this without more information is a 4-A starry field thing assuming he's literally warping the dimensions space and it qualifies for the 4-A rating. Otherwise its just some form of 4-B. The only way for the black hole its in to get above 4-B is if it goes into AU size ranges.
The quote for what's happening is just "Warps the dimension" when he releases so...again, take that as you will.

For the size thing we need to get some idea of what the most acceptable size is to even start there. An AU is only the distance between our Planet and the Sun, right? But Big Bang's eclipsing an acceleration disk that includes planets and lights that I think are being implied to be stars. Since we're out in space that disk is basically the only metric of his size we've got to judge with so...I suppose that's where we been to start with determining what's the most acceptable way to size scale him. Is an acceleration disk out in space with lights in it and a black hole at the center enough to be a galaxy of some sort? Or should we scale Big Bang smaller than that in physical size?

An AU is only the distance between our Planet and the Sun, right? But Big Bang's eclipsing an acceleration disk that includes planets
That's what I was comparing it to. The planet's are besides besides behind it at times but are still relatively comparable. It's just not big enough.

That's what I was comparing it to. The planet's are besides besides behind it at times but are still relatively comparable. It's just not big enough.
I think there's a stylization/art direction problem there though. There's planets in the foreground, there's planets in the background, there's planets within the acceleration disk. They're all at different sizes and scales, they're all at different distances, and they all 'orbit' at vastly different rates, how far each one is compared to each other and Big Bang himself doesn't seem clear to me. We have what's clearly Gas Giants and what are clearly Earth-like Planets and they range wildly in their perceived size so...how far and how close is each one? And there's just a lot of them too

And that's ontop of the fact that the acceleration disk is bright, it's filled with lights that flicker, that move, that orbit too. And the lights are the same visual 'effect' as the ones Big Bang calls out from the star-filled space background to use as attacks, or the ones that remain there as part of the deep space background of the fight.

So I think they're implying that the lights of the acceleration disk are meant to also be stars, and the bits and dots are meant to be more debris, planets, ect. And if they're not stars, what are those parts of the design and animation meant to be?

Last edited:
think there's a stylization/art direction problem there though
If your admiting the art is inconsistent then your admitting that there's no way to quantify size. So it would just be the vaguely 4-A stuff I mentioned before.

If we can quantify size then the disk is only 4-B since it's just not large enough.

If your admiting the art is inconsistent then your admitting that there's no way to quantify size. So it would just be the vaguely 4-A stuff I mentioned before.

If we can quantify size then the disk is only 4-B since it's just not large enough.
I think we need to accept 'unquantifiable' then. I don't think scaling his size to just the planets is a good idea when there's clearly size discrepancies with the disk, the planets, and their orbits. And I don't think settling on it being 'just not large enough' covers the whole picture, since to accept that scaling is to just ignore everything else. It's just AS unquantifiable that way if that's the standard we reach.

The 4-A can be tacked onto the other 4-A justification, and the scaling chain will just have the fusion value. But I feel troubled by what 'Large Size' we should give Big Bang if we can't figure it out. There's a scale of planets and stars, but if we can't quantify it I don't know what we could list him as. Possibly an 'at least'.

Back