• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puzzle and Dragons CRT: Great Witches and the Dimension of the Mystic AP stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

XitSign

He/Him
So I'm finally home AND the Great Witches arc is over in PAD at about the same time...And a lot happened in this Arc.

A lot of characters showed up, a lot of them got new lore, new powers, new matchups...There's a lot of work we need to do update wise but lets start it simple with JUST AP, because there's basically only one AP feat of note and it ties back into an older AP feat as well. Lets talk about the Cosmology of the Dimension of the Mystic, and Big Bang (again).

The Dimension of the Mystic is described in narration as not being just 1 dimension in the PAD verse, but it's actually 'where many dimensions converge'. (Zela Chapter Prologue). How many total dimensions? We don't know, and it's not totally clear, they haven't shown us all of them. The 'Zero Dimension' where we fight Big Bang on his home turf is 'MD4', or the 4th of these Dimensions we've officially had titled. So there's definitely more than 2, probably 4, likely more but we currently don't know enough specifics. It also has space between the dimensions, this interdimensional space is where creatures like Nyarlathotep, Cthulhu, and Azathoth come from.

Saline is a Space-Time Witch, which on it's own means very little as it's just a type of magic and probably can't be translated into AP. However her personal 'seal' is the Space-Time Gates, which she uses in the adventure to travel from location to location and gather up the other Witches. Gaslowe was able to do the same once he stole the Seal, opening his own gate which is what let Cthulhu and Azathoth through to one of the dimensions from the between-dimension space. In his final defeat, Gaslowe is sent into the vortex Big Bang had come from which is also described as 'Interdimensional'. And in the epilogue Raffine, Saline's master, requests that Saline open more gates to visit other Witches they didn't round up, telling her to connect the space-times to do so. And in a previous adventure with the Four Gaurdians, Fenghuang describes locations like PAD Academy as an alternate dimension that is a parallel world to their original home dimension. And when we are at these Various dimensions, we can see the expected skies and space filled with stars.

I think that with all the evidence we had beforehand and all the new information from the Great Witches Arc, I believe that these Dimensions should be treated as full universes with timelines/space-times, and that the 'Dimension of the Mystic' is a collection of these space-times that forms a smaller multiverse among the other known (and currently unknown) universes/"dimensions" in the greater PAD verse.

This is important because not only did Big Bang 'Warp' the Dimension of the Mystic with his first appearance in the series (which we rated 4-A based on the stars at the time), but once again we get a statement of the power of his presence, that bringing Big Bang back was causing the Dimension of the Mystic to 'fall apart'. There's also a few more minor instances that happen, such as Gaslowe shaking the space-time the girls were currently in by using 4 of the Seals to breach it, and Gaslowe claiming that with all 5 of the Witch's seals a machine he created could 'tamper' with the Dimensions. While those are cases of the dimensions and space-time being 'affected', I believe the truly notable example is still Big Bang 'warping' and his presence being enough to cause all of them to 'fall apart', which I believe is on a scale of 'affecting' that could count of a 2-C rating based on the limited number of known space-times involved in the Dimension of the Mystic.

EDIT: Additional information that I think is important, but neglected because I was super tired from my long trips. As mentioned before, Big Bang's official title is that he is the 'Zero Dimension Creator', with his personal passive being called 'Stirring of the Creator', and that his dungeon is ALSO named similarly as the 'Zero Dimension Creator'. So that's three places Big Bang's status as having created the Zero Dimension is mentioned.

I also need to note the use of 'World' and 'Dimension'. I think it is reasonable to believe the characters' MEAN that they are talking about dimensions whenever they use the word 'World'. Fenghuang from the example above is a respected professor of PAD Academy and uses interdimensional travel to get to his job, and he still uses the word 'World' pretty liberally even after he explains the details in the example above. As shown above the narration states that the Dimension of the Mystic is made of many dimensions, but when Saline explains it she uses the word 'World'. The witches also describe beings who exist between the dimensions (Nyarlathotep, Cthulhu, and Azathoth) as 'otherWORLDly', and describe Gaslowe's machines that can interact with Dimensions and the space between Dimensions as 'otherWORLDly' as well. Saline also explains that Big Bang is capable of creating 'Worlds' within the Dimension of the Mystic and the chapter where you battle Big Bang is called 'The World Creator', however as explained above Big Bang is repeated described as a 'Dimension' creator. This is an important distinction that the characters very likely mean 'Dimension' when they say 'World' because numerous times the characters seem convinced that Gaslowe's plan and Big Bang's power will destroy 'The World' likely meaning the dimension they were currently in (but possibly the Dimension of the Mystic as a whole), with Raffine even doubling down and saying it would destroy 'ALL Worlds' almost certainly meaning the Dimension of the Mystic as a whole. I believe that this is very good supporting evidence alongside Big Bang being observed to cause the Dimension of the Mystic to fall apart with his appearance, as well as supporting the statements of his ability to 'create' as well.

If accepted...Who scales? Obviously Big Bang does, and any character who scales to Big Bang's power. That would be at least 8 Star, 9 Star, and 10 Star monsters.

But what about the Great Witches? They're 7 Stars, and they were able to fight both 'The One Who Writhes in the Void' (9 Star) and 'Zero Dimension Creator' (10 Star) forms directly. Shouldn't they scale? And also shouldn't that be a blow to the scaling chain that a group of 7 Stars were able to defeat such higher scaling foes?

...No (kinda.). Because the 'Zero Dimension Creator' fight shouldn't even scale to anyone. Raffine used her power AND a collection of seals to reduce Big Bang's power to the point where she seemed very confident she could let her students finish the battle. Even in her base form Raffine scales higher than each of her student's base forms, and her transformations scale even higher, so I think there is no contradiction that she is able to do this and leave the rest to the girls who scale lower once she's done.

However 'The One Who Writhes in the Void' fight shouldn't be considered PIS/Outlier, and I don't think contradicts anything either. First of all the Witches are clearly intimidated by Big Bang's power in this form, but they still have him outnumbered 5 to 1 AND they're being empowered by each of their personal magical hats (which each of them are 8 Stars in rating) AND their seals (which each of them are also 8 Stars in rating). Equipables, as previously established, give compatible users new powers AND a stat boost that makes them stronger in every way. Considering each of the girls each had 2 of these that scale to 8 stars in power AND they outnumbered Big Bang, I think it's fair to say that the >5x difference between an 8 Star and a 9 Star is actually pretty realistic for them to overcome as a team.

So base forms for the Great Witches should probably not scale, which means other 7 Star Monsters won't be scaling either. However, the Witches should have a justification that 'with equips' they should scale to this fight and in the ballpark of the new stats for 8 Star monsters.

With that in mind, the following pages have scaling to 8, 9, and 10 Star monsters or direct scaling based on events in the arc that will need updated if accepted:

Last edited:
Bump and also a MAJOR update to the contents of this CRT. I was tired from my trip home and missed a ton of extra stuff that should've been here the first time. Thankfully no one has responded yet, so it's probably not a big deal that I've updated everything.

The new content is mainly just the explanation that the characters seem to just casually consider the word 'World' as a replacement for the word 'Dimension', because there's a ton of evidence that implies those words mean the same thing in-universe.

Bump...Currently bothering all the non-Calc Group only staff members

I always feel weird doing this, damn you social interaction

Excellent job categorizing everything, Sign! This looks excellent!

I'll take a better look tomorrow as today I am exhausted from some physical labor, but looking at the post itself, without checking the scans, your reasoning seems solid. These dimensions are to be treated as universes, right? Or are the dimensions meant as in higher dimensionality?

Excellent job categorizing everything, Sign! This looks excellent!

I'll take a better look tomorrow as today I am exhausted from some physical labor, but looking at the post itself, without checking the scans, your reasoning seems solid. These dimensions are to be treated as universes, right? Or are the dimensions meant as in higher dimensionality?
Thank you! It was the most motivated I've felt in ages by new content, so I really gave it my best. I hope it's as compressive and easy to read as it could possibly be!

I totally understand and sympathize, whole week has been saying I'll get other things done too, coming home from my job, slumping in the chair...And deciding it can be a tomorrow thing.

Oh lord, yes, Universes, not higher dimensionality. PAD has a nasty habit of throwing around the word 'dimension' like it's going out of style, but I'm pretty sure there's absolutely 0 evidence to believe there's any dimensional superiority in the verse. I have no idea why it's like this, maybe it sounds more 'fantasy' to the writers? But all the evidence is pointing that they MEAN they're talking about the universe they're currently in (Or...Multiverse, because the naming choice for the 'Dimension of the Mystic' is silly), these character's don't seem to bring up anything even resembling 4D or higher structures.

I will eat my hat the day I see Tier 1 PAD evidence

This looks good from what I can understand of it, although I'm not knowledgeable on the verse.

Thank you! It was the most motivated I've felt in ages by new content, so I really gave it my best. I hope it's as compressive and easy to read as it could possibly be!
And you did it very, very well, I can see your enthusiasm. I hope more people as excited for their favorite verses as you are pop up!
Oh lord, yes, Universes, not higher dimensionality. PAD has a nasty habit of throwing around the word 'dimension' like it's going out of style, but I'm pretty sure there's absolutely 0 evidence to believe there's any dimensional superiority in the verse. I have no idea why it's like this, maybe it sounds more 'fantasy' to the writers? But all the evidence is pointing that they MEAN they're talking about the universe they're currently in (Or...Multiverse, because the naming choice for the 'Dimension of the Mystic' is silly), these character's don't seem to bring up anything even resembling 4D or higher structures.
Goodio! Then I didn't misunderstand the explanation. That would be embarrassing-

I don't think them being 4D is entirely out of question, even if the dimensionality wouldn't necessarily imply higher levels of power. With that much of space-time power being slung around, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4D citation popping up.
I will eat my hat the day I see Tier 1 PAD evidence
the day will come my friend

This looks fine to me
Thank you as well, I am so glad to see input, it's GREATLY apricated!

And you did it very, very well, I can see your enthusiasm. I hope more people as excited for their favorite verses as you are pop up!
It's what I always hope for! Regardless of how niche the verse is, it's always nice to see people who are passionate. So I try to do the same!

Goodio! Then I didn't misunderstand the explanation. That would be embarrassing-

I don't think them being 4D is entirely out of question, even if the dimensionality wouldn't necessarily imply higher levels of power. With that much of space-time power being slung around, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4D citation popping up.
Totally understandable, that was...a rather exhausting debunk on the LAST CRT...Don't want a repeat of that. PAD is not layered as of current. (and probably never will be, it just doesn't seem to fit the writing style)

I...suppose you're right and I probably spoke too soon. Big Bang and the other time characters like Saline and Millie probably aren't 4-D in their physical form, but the creation of these dimensions with their own space-time is a 4D scale of power (I think...I hate saying anything about dimensions, I'm NEVER confident I'm saying it right), so I probably spoke too soon on that one. They CAN create new space-times and destroy the collections of dimensions that have them, so I will amend: There's probably is no evidence for 5D and above.
the day will come my friend
I would be blown away if it does

Sorry for the late response. This looks good to me.
Oh don't worry about it! I'm just pleased you had the time to give your input!

Thank you so much!

So that's about 4 staff agreements, would it be okay to call for a closing at this point?

Because this arc needs ANOTHER big CRT once this is done...Damn you Gaslowe and all your new abilities and hax and scaling

Seems approved already, but since I was asked, will also say the scans and reasoning seem to line up pretty well.

Have this changes been applied? You have enough staff approval. Agree btw..

Changes have not been fully applied, a Big Bang page has been made though to reference when adding the justifications.

I will be rolling out the new justifications for all the characters that will now scale to Big Bang or related characters within...Hopefully the next day.

Thank you!

I say I'll do something tomorrow, it actually takes me 3-4 days to get it done...I need to work on that.

All the pages this CRT affect have been updated with the new ratings, I think this can be closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back