• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psykorochi and Tatsumaki "upgrade"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.

@Damage3245

Would you be willing to help evaluate Ugarik's calculation please? He is one of our most skilled calc group members, so I think that it should be reliable.

Also, given what recently happened LordTracer, it is probably not the best idea to use an avatar image that looks like a two-faced sociopath.

There seems to be a continuous disagreement between Ugarik and Matt over the calc.

Last edited:
There seems to be a disagreement a continuous disagreement between Ugarik and Matt over the calc.
Should I move this thread to the calc group forum, so several of them can discuss here which version to use?

I guess I’ll re-iterate my thoughts on which calc to use again and say Ugarik’s high-end is more accurate.

I know I said I had some problems with using the sun’s pixelscaling, but after fidgeting with the pixelscaling on my own, I realized that the difference in results wouldn’t be as large as I initially thought it would be (thought by just halving it it would drop the results down to low double-digit Petatons or something like that, but it wasn’t the case when I did it on my own). So I don’t have a problem with that anymore.

But even that aside, Ugarik’s calc makes lesser assumptions than KLOL’s original one by calculating all the variables and assuming constant variables as well (FOV, depth of the piece of crust, height of elevation, etc). And I personally believe the calc that makes lesser assumptions is usually more reliable (unless the one with lesser assumptions is, of course, outrageous or the like).

I also don’t think it’s the method’s fault for the calc getting the results it got. The AP not equating to the environmental damage it’s supposed to realistically give is just fiction being fiction lol

Anywho, that is my input which I was asked to give.

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out. Unless other calc group members have any objections, I think that we can use Ugarik's version then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back