• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Protagonists That Are the Strongest Characters in Their Verse" Tier List

I haven't seen enough of the show to make a complete judgement, but I'm inclined to give Sebastian Michaelis type 2 as well. He's got a handful of people that could fight him on even footing if they wanted (and one dude who kicked his ass) but for the most part he steamrolls the verse.

God, as much as I hate Black Butler, I hate the state of its wiki page even more, so I may have to actually binge the series in order to revise it.

I haven't seen enough of the show to make a complete judgement, but I'm inclined to give Sebastian Michaelis type 2 as well. He's got a handful of people that could fight him on even footing if they wanted (and one dude who kicked his ass) but for the most part he steamrolls the verse.

God, as much as I hate Black Butler, I hate the state of its wiki page even more, so I may have to actually binge the series in order to revise it.
I definitely recommend the manga for Black Butler over the anime, it's not even a contest.

Mario, Olimar for 3

Steven Universe for 2 maybe 1

Player (minecraft) for 1
Er...Mario’s nowhere near no. 1 in his verse. Bowser and DK are physically stronger, probably Yoshi as well. Not to mention the actual god tiers like Rosalina and Dimentio. Also pretty sure Olimar gets busted by any of the wild animals without his army. And Steven seems like a solid 3 given he’s only the top when he’s about to become a literal monster.

Would Ainz Ool Gown be Tier 2 or 3? The Floor Guardians are able to give him a hard time, but outside of them I don't believe anyone is any sort of a threat.

Also, would Sonic be considered the strongest in his verse or would that only count for a certain incarnation? At the very least Sonic acts like the Dante of his verse toward Eggman.
He wouldn’t. Not even in Archie, because Aurora, True Enerjak, and the Ancient Walkers exist.

I feel like we might need a Tier 4 for protagonists who are weaker than their own sidekicks.

Anyway, most Fire Emblem protagonists such as Marth, Alm, Seliph, Roy, Eliwood, Lyn, Eirika, Chrom, Lucina, ect are Tier 3 normally, but Tier 2 with Holy weapons. They are above average compared to other party members and foot soldiers, but when fighting multiple foes and bosses; they usually still struggle a great deal. But they essentially become Tier 2 when they get their Falchions, Divine Weapons, ect since they can essentially solo their verses by struggle against the end game boss. Though, a few FE protagonists such as Ike, The Three Houses protagonists, and maybe Hector and Ephraim are seen as one man armies even without their sacred weapons and are in a similar status as Dante.

I mean I was referring to the real player and Olimar still is the strongest do to having the only weapon confirmed above 10-C and having about two real threats in canon via pikmin.

Read the end poem.
Ok Olimar even then he only lost to a suprise attack Samus did too, plus his only real fear on earth is oxygen poisoning.

To be fair, I have not read the end poem. But clearly I had a very different interpretation of what Pikmin was about. Regardless, it's not my list so in the end you may take my opinion or leave it.

Maybe Kratos for Type 3 or 2? I mean, the dude pretty much ***** everyone in the verse via being A n g r y. Not sure if that's enough for type 2 though, since he still gets a beatdown here and there.

Nick Scryer: He'd be type 2 honestly. By the end of the game, only one person could stand against him due to both absorbing the same powers but Nick was stronger before they absorbed siad power.

Homura Kamishiro is a Type 1. Is within the top 10 strongest in the verse at 10% power, is the second strongest in the verse at 30% power (below only Archangel Michael), and at 100% power defeats Michael while holding back to avoid killing him and preoccupied with defending bystanders and preventing collateral damage.

D is a high Type 2. Only ones who can even remotely match him are other Successes, of whom he is decisively the strongest, and his father, who has yet to fully appear.

I nominate Kazuma Yagami from Kaze no Stigma for Tier 1. Kazuma can beat anyone he goes up against with barely any effort. In the first episode of the anime he beat one of the most powerful characters in the series without getting too serious. If there's some sort of powerful demon or entity he normally couldn't harm, he can invoke his contract with the Spirit King of the Wind to overpower any threat solo.

I'd say MGR Raiden is a solid Tier 2. The absolute fodder of the setting is vastly superior to even the strongest character from the previous entries in the verse, the only group of people who can even compete with him are the Winds of Destruction, and even then only 2 gave him an actual fight. Armstrong was the only one who straight up overpowered him, but he took it like a champ and ended up kicking his ass

Would Makoto Naegi somehow qualify? At least in DR1.
He beats everyone in term of argument, is the only one to survive is punishment and he's the biggest chad in the bonus mode.

While he sucks in fight, he should deserves a place based on how his series is.

Would Makoto Naegi somehow qualify? At least in DR1.
He beats everyone in term of argument, is the only one to survive is punishment and he's the biggest chad in the bonus mode.

While he sucks in fight, he should deserves a place based on how his series is.
Hmm...

If we're going by that. Can we include sports anime? Like the generation of miracles.

Although technically they aren't the strongest in their verse at basketball, if we're talking about japanese HS teams they're completely unmatched except by each other and Seiren.

Edit:

And technically all of the generation of miracles are main characters in some form. Except maybe Akashi. As they're the center of entire arcs, movies, Specials, and OVAs.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I guess I'd argue for Cole MacGrath and Evil Cole from inFAMOUS for Tier 2, at least in their final forms. Evil Cole especially, seeing how he solos the rest of the human race in his ending with zero effort (albiet, with a lot of emotional toil). While Good Cole isn't as haxed, he still stomps the other strongest character in his timeline/era once he gets the RFI.

On a meta level, their hax completely shuts down characters from Delsin's era while they pretty decisively incon each other. While there is a character stronger than them from Kessler's timeline, both can incon him with their hax.

When ignoring end game upgrades though, all three inFAMOUS protagonists are solidly tier 3 (ignoring inFAMOUS 1 at least, thanks to Kessler). The Coles can already fight evenly with the other strongest character around by the time of inFAMOUS 2 and the only reason anything poses a threat throughout that game is because they lose their powers. Hell, the only reason they don't beat the Beast is because of regen, they flat out blow his head off. Once they're back to full, they can fight off their side kicks with relative ease compared to when fighting The Beast. Hell, Good Cole even fights Kuo and The Beast simultaneously.

Meanwhile, Delsin has all the powers of every other superpowered character in his game by the time it ends and is solidly the strongest Conduit of his era, even beating people with their own powers after having just acquired them.

Shiki Ryougi from kara no kyoukai (nasuverse) in tier 1 she is the most powerful one at least as [Shiki Ryougi]

Back