• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Profiles for The Onion Articles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
Can we make pages for profiles from The Onion? It is all fictional satire, like a lot of verses we allow. It's on the internet, but so are many other verses. It's basically The Big Lez Show but in article form.

If the issue's all the different authors, we can base profiles only off of stuff written by a single author, kinda like we do with SCP.

If you refer to their pretend news articles that make fun of distorted strawmen of different types of people, then no, they are non-characters/vague figments who are not sufficiently fleshed out or coherent for our requirements, and it would also invite The Onion's attention to our community, after which they would likely viciously make fun of us in front of millions of people. It definitely isn't worth the trouble.

Actually we are probably not. We are one of the most popular wikis in the world, and our focus is one that is easy to make fun of.

Have there ever been any examples of authors actually noticing we made profiles on their fiction?

This is a genuine question, if they have I didn't know.

Well, Marvel and DC Comics writers sometimes mention battleboards in a disparaging manner, but I do not know about ones who mentioned us specifically.

Nevertheless, it is a bad idea to gamble in this case.

Antvasima said:
If you refer to their pretend news articles that make fun of distorted strawmen of different types of people, then no, they are non-characters/vague figments who are not sufficiently fleshed out or coherent for our requirements, and it would also invite The Onion's attention to our community, after which they would likely viciously make fun of us in front of millions of people. It definitely isn't worth the trouble.
If I reading this point, my opinion changed and I guess the point is true. It is better to go with a safe than sorry approach, epecially if the stories are not coherent enough to be allowed on the wiki based on our wiki rules.

Okay, and why should this mean that we should feature his characters?

I agree with Ant. No Florida Man today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back