• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Profile Renovation: Iron Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The profile is mess, that CRT was a mess, and I will have to clean that mess. O means accepted, X means the opposite, and X/O means that either it will be changed, or I unsure of the ability.

┬┐Why I put this? Because it helps me not to get lost.

Powers and Abilities
O - Martial Arts - Fine.

O - Technology Manipulation - All of those abilities would only be counted for post-extremis. IM still tech manip in his classic armors, but those qualities will not be applied to Model 8 or 9.

X - Non-Physical Interaction - The scan shown there is from a weapon that is not part of his standard equipment.

X - Duplication - Through preparation, not part of his standard abilities.

O - Regenerationn - High-Low is fine, but will only go for Model 51 and maybe Hulkbuster.

O - Paralysis Inducement - That is fine I guess, but I personally don't like the idea of individual status effects as pages.

X - Resurrection - CD was not dead (Yet), his heart just stopped from the shock for a brief moment, is like if I were to get resurrection because I do RCP. Being jacked on a genetic level has no business here, too.

O - Information Manipulation - Technological Manipulation already covers that.

X - Shapeshifting - That is just illusion creation.

O - Summoning - Okay.

X/O - Shock and Heat Manipulation Absorption - Heat is fine, but shock not, that can be just part of his vibration manipulation.

X - Fire Manipulation - That is just the heat of the repulsors, is not exactly fire, but actually just ionized air (Plasma) that vapes materials.

O - Status Effect Inducement - Immobilize and blind counts as status effects, okay.

X/O - Heat Manipulation - Fine, but I find really unnecesary repeat powers in the section, either put all the correlated links into a single parenthesis, or put none.

O - Acid Manipulation - First link is fine, second link should go to Heat manipulation.

O - Light Manipulation - Fine, but some Models number are wrong.

O - Sleep Manipulation . Fine, but the last link isnt from Model 5

O - Surface Scaling - I guess?

O - Information Analysis - Fine.

O - Metal Manipulation - Using metals as projectiles is not metal manipulation.

X/O - Absolute Zero - Third link is fine, first and second are not AZ, and fourth is for info analysis.

X/O - Deconstruction - Same with paralysis. I will also add Quantum Manipulation based of zero-point energy.

X/O - Vibration Manipulation - First link is fine, second, third and fourth link are for sound manipulation.

O - Limited Blood Manipulation - I will dare to say that removing the "limited" part is better.

X - Poison Manipulation - First link, not all forms of chemicals are
poisonous, and what Tony was throwing was an oxidizing/flammable agent. Second link is just nanotechnology, third link is sleep gas.

X/O - Matter Manipulation - Particle weapons are durability negation (Depeding of scale and accuracy of said particles) than matter manipulation. But for restoring cohesive bonding, I will put "Limited".

X/O - limited Teleportation - I need to know from which comic those panels came from, I feel it some special case.

X/O - Preparation - Something like preparation doesn't need an explanation honestly.

X - Stealth Mastery - Those links are for invisibility and camouflage, adding SM mastery is redudant, unless Tony shows this skill without any special equipment.

O - Explosion Generation - Fine.

O - Smoke Manipulation - Fine-

X - Attack Reflection - Technically, deflecting can be use for reflecting if one rejects the projectile back at thei opponent. Problem here is that the barrier didn't even redirected the object, the debris were blocked and stopped there.

O - Plasma Manipulation - Fine

O - Self-Destruction - Fine.

X/O - Intangibility - Will only go for Model 51.

X - Magic - His armor was amped with a magical item.

X - Data Manipulation - Technological manipulation already covers that.

X - Biological Manipulation - Not a part of his standard equipment.

X - Pain Manipulation - Not a part of his standard equipment.

X - Gravity Manipulation - Not a part of his standard equipment.

X - possibly limited Transmutation - He used a refrigerant to cancel out the fire. There are several chemicals in real life like this, and we don't consider them like Transmutation.

X - Portal Creation - Not a part of his standard equipment.

X - Pseudo-Black Hole Creation - Not a part of his standard equipment.

X/O - Energy Absorption - Just put energy manipulation and Absorption to save space.

O - Vehicular Mastery - Fine

X - limited Time Manipulation - Not a part of his standard equipment.

X - Time Travel - Not a part of his standard equipment.

X - Precognition - Not part of his standard equipment.

X - Damage Reduction - Not a part of his standard equipment. Also absorb the energy of an explosive and reducing the physical stats of a character have nothing to do with each other.

X - Transformation Negetatio - Through a machine, not a part of his standard equipment.

X - Corruption Negetatio - First link, not a part of his standard equipment. Second link, that is just energy absorption.

X - Empathic Manipulation - Not a part of his standard equipment.

X - Acupuncture - That is more like Martial Arts and pressure points...

X - limited Density Manipulation - Not a part of his standard equipment.

X - limited Telepathy - Not a part of his standard equipment.

X - limited Memory Manipulation - Not a part of his standard equipment (Literally, like 50% of the abilites are from some old-fashioned, one-off, not-combat-applicable machine that Tony never, ever used again).

O - Camouflage - Fine

Resistances

X - Resistance to Information Manipulation - Being undetected doesnt equal resistance to "information".

X - limited Resistance to Dream Manipulation - Collapsing mentally is not equal to resisting your dreams being manipulated.

X - limited Resistance to Pain Manipulation - That is healing, not resisting pain being induced on you.

X/O - limited Resistance to Resistance to Acid - Fine.

X - Information Analysis (Information Analysis - Same as Information Manipulation.

X/O - Telepathy - First link doesnt say anything of telepathy, second and third link are fine tho.

X - Nanotechnology - That is not resistance to tech, the mist cant just past the armor

X - Precognition - Is not really resistance, he was just messing up wth Peters spider-sense with his own, and even then, there is not a resistance to "precognition" cus this power widely varies in mechanics (The same way it does to Dura Negation)

O - Hacking - Fine.

X/O - Poison Manipulation - Second link is fine, first link is not.

O - Biological Manipulation/Disease - Fine,

X/O - Mind Manipulation - Mind scan is not mind control, but the resistance to zemo (Plus the links of telepathy) are fine.

X/O - Energy Absorption - Fine.

X - Illusio - He used a sonar.

X/O - Transmutation - He used a forcefield, he is not exacly enduring the attack. I will put that his forcefields can stop said attacks in the NA/T section.

O - Absolute Zero - Fine.

Other stuff
The abilities will be separated in keys, most of them may go to either Model 8 or 51.

The ousite links and brackets will be removed, and the profile will get a classic design with new add-ons. Something similar to Thor.

In his speed, "Massively FTL with flight" will be changed to "Warp Speed". Flight speed ouright scales to his reaction, combat, and movement speeds. Warp Speed is the "technique" that he used to reach at that speed (Which is even mentioned in the calculation).

His intelligence section will be improved, he definetly gets a Supergenius ranking from all the stuff he has done.

I will also detail the NA/T section to explain the new abilities.

Oh, and that quote on his profile will be changed for something more Starker and less Clarker.

Period.

I suppose that most of this seems to make sense, but you should preferably ask Sandman31 and PrinceOfTheMorning to comment here.

@Ant

If I'm remembering right this is the cleanup thread that Newendigo said he would do a little while ago, back in that other Iron Man thread. I'm not very knowledgeable on Iron Man, so I can only read what's in the OP and profile, but everything Newendigo says makes sense to me.

Okay, it took a considerable amount of time but heh, something is something:Iron Man (Marvel Comics).

Honestly, this is way, way more appealing than the previous clusterfunk, and if someone says the opposite, I'm going to get really angry.

I also took the liberty of putting MFTL to the 4-B keys (Model 36 and 51). It makes sense, it's a change that should have been done back then in the 5-A/High-5 CRT of february, and I do not see the need to make another revision for it.

Thank you for the help with the powers and abilities.

What was the reason for changing the speed ratings? We have as a principle that, due to Marvel's nonsensical incoherent nature, characters that cannot react efficiently while flying at MFTL+ speeds, or have other feats of that level, should not get the rating for their combat speeds.

I agree. As for the quote, how's this?

"That landmine put shrapnel two centimeters from my heart. My every movement allowed it to inch closer. I had to design a system to hold the shrapnel where it was. And incorporate it into a self-defense solution to get me out of captivity. It was the first time I'd had to design something that saved lives. It was a stopgap at best. I got home and put my money into a suit that'd keep me alive. I spent years in various versions of this breastplate, holding the shrapnel in magnetic fields. Until medical science caught up with me. And I could get the damn thing out. But I kept the suit. Kept tinkering with it. And I'm not sure why any more. Except maybe that it wasn't about the future. But my future. And it allowed me to pretend that I wasn't a man who made landmines. I went from being a man trapped in an iron suit to being a man freed by it. Iron Man command system on. Start."

-Anthony Edward Stark, Extremis part 1

I got it off TV tropes.

I just updated the quote. The current one is more defining regarding his fundamental nature.

"You clearly know nothing about me, so here's a short bio for you. I used to make weapons for a living. I sold things that killed people. All I do is think about the lives I've destroyed. The only thing that used to give me a break from it was alcohol. But that only made things worse. You know what I learned, though, from all that drinking? That it's real easy to blame everyone else for what's gone wrong with your life. That's what I used to do, until the day I finally woke up and realized... Buddy, you brought this on yourself."

I asked a few of our content moderators to handle the cleanup for the page.

Doesn't Iron Man still have standard battle precognition via data analysis mechanisms in his suit that allowed him to even predict Captain America's moves during Civil War.

Outliers aside, Captain Marvel among all people at her Binary state has MFTL+ on her speed rating while Tony does not for some reason even though he has multiple instances of him fighting MFTL+ guys like Hulk, Sentry, and Thor with the Thor Buster and again went he went bad and took over the planet. I'm ok with Iron Man being slower than the standard famous 4-B guys like Thor and Hulk but it's nonsesical to think that gap is that large for his more advance suits.

The problem is that, unlike Binary, Iron Man does not have the ability to fly at MFTL+ speeds through regular space on his own, and react to objects moving towards him at that speed, and the Hulk does not make any sense in terms of combat speed, as he does not remotely have any speed feats of his own that approach Thor and the Sentry, and is usually depicted as slower than Spider-Man. As such, I think that we gave him a variable speed rating.

Iron Man can qualify for that too via his armors. And would you really think that Tony, one of the smartest men of the Marvel 616 Earth would be stupid enough to fight foes at that caliber with only Sub-Relativistic+ suits but for some reason has enough has enough AP fight them. Stuff like the Thor Buster may have failed like the Hulk Buster but it also kept up with Thor himself.

The point is that Marvel is ridiculously inconsistent, and even more so with speed than raw power.

You can ask Matthew Schroeder, PrinceOfTheMorning, and Sandman31 to comment here though. Maybe they have a better solution?

Isn't that only via warping or hyperspace?

If a calculation has been removed, can you try to find the link via the history section of the profile page?

and I'm pretty sure every Marvel fan here that spent a decent amount of time in this wiki examining the profiles already knows that point but that doesn't mean we can't improve the stats.

Oh and by removed, I meant that the link leads to a dead page. Also the Speed column is misaligned since it's not a space away from the AP description.

Not Icarus said:
and I'm pretty sure every Marvel fan here that spent a decent amount of time in this wiki examining the profiles already knows that point but that doesn't mean we can't improve the stats.
Yes, agreed, but I do not know how to create a better solution than what we use currently.

You should ask the people that i mentioned earlier to comment here. They might have some ideas.

Not Icarus said:
Oh and by removed, I meant that the link leads to a dead page. Also the Speed column is misaligned since it's not a space away from the AP description.
I fixed the speed column.

The Wayback Machine is just undergoing maintenance right now:

https://archive.org/web/

Antvasima said:
Thank you for the help with the powers and abilities.
What was the reason for changing the speed ratings? We have as a principle that, due to Marvel's nonsensical incoherent nature, characters that cannot react efficiently while flying at MFTL+ speeds, or have other feats of that level, should not get the rating for their combat speeds.
For Model 36 is from fighting World War Hulk, for Model 51 is from scaling upwards with previous models such as Model 36, Model 50 (That fought the latter), Model 40 (That also fought the Hulk) and Model 31 (That fought She-Hulk).

Well, I think that we list Hulk and She-Hulk with Massively Hypersonic+ speed, due to Marvel's massive inconsistencies in this area.

He is currently MFTL+ in reactions and combat speed. I predict this is going to end in another revision sooner.

I would have gone for shorter a quote, but that one fits very well.

Anyway, I'm fine with finally separating the abilities in keys gotta wait until they come with a new complai. Close the thread at your whim.

I already reverted the speed statistics to the previous values.

Okay. Noted.

It is a massive inconsistency for the Hulk though. We likely do need a revision thread for how we should deal with it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back