• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The very basis for these profiles, either if they are actual civilizations or groups/organizations, should be having something relevant to write in stats sections such as power source, industrial capacity, military prowess, kardashev level, territory etc... stuff that simple aggregations of characters don't have without resulting in a stretch.

If a fecking digital recording counts as a civilization, a café should reasonably count as one.
Two wrongs don't make a right, if the SCP thing isn't a civilization then it gets deleted, not the other way around. Some supporters should be summoned, though.
(Granted that I don't have anything towards or against the Café, I didn't play the game and I didn't even made it in time to see the page, I can't speak for it)

And I deleted the spider page, I think it was an error.

I don't know SCP all that well, but going off purely what's in the profile, it looks like the profile is for the people within the stadium rather than the recording itself.

I'm not familiar with that SCP in particular, but its description says:
Over time, inhabitants have formed a rudimentary anarchistic civilization and have resorted to various means in attempts to escape their Groundhog Day loop.
It says a rudimentary civilization was developed. From a quick glance at the article, it does seem like some sort of structure & hierarchy has developed.

Exactly, but Apex Predator is making profiles for the series, I suppose they will make that profile soon, the link doesn't cause harm for now.

But that's my point. The civilization isn't the digital recording, it's the place and the people. So is the café, it's not a civilization because it's a café, it's a civilization because of the place and the people. There's also the fact that it can be called a civilization because everyone actually lives there. The Pokémon don't go home after work, because that IS their home. Obviously the premise is stupid but as long as SCP-1733 doesn't break our rules then neither should the Café.

Yeah, but, even if it could be considered a civilization, they don't fight.

Like, ever.

You're just basing them off of their Canon stats and grouping them together because they're Pokémon.

Hell, the residents of the Poképark are more valid to become a civilization than the Café, because they at least perform combat feats.

Yeah, but, even if it could be considered a civilization, they don't fight.

Like, ever.

You're just basing them off of their Canon stats and grouping them together because they're Pokémon.

Hell, the residents of the Poképark are more valid to become a civilization than the Café, because they at least perform combat feats.
Neither does the Baker, at least until the Idleverse building happened and he fights multiversal wars.

Neither does the Baker, at least until the Idleverse building happened and he fights multiversal wars.
If someone says "Your civilization never fights", then you saying "This civilization doesn't fight, except for that one time they fought a multiversal war" is not an adequate response to justify your civilization.

False equivalency, just as Agnaa said.

You are literally trying to justify the existence of a place where the only the thing the Pokémon do is make pastries in the shape of a Pikachu.

Give me one combat feat from Pokémon Café Mix. Any combat feat. If you can do that, then I'll reconsider. If you can't, drop it.

I have deleted both the Former Human and all of the Breaker profiles, including the link on the Knowledgeable Members List.

You are literally trying to justify the existence of a place where the only the thing the Pokémon do is make pastries in the shape of a Pikachu.
Give me one combat feat from Pokémon Café Mix. Any combat feat. If you can do that, then I'll reconsider. If you can't, drop it.
My other question is if they can be actually considered a sort of civilization or particularly organized group, instead of just Pokémon that live inside a café and make pastries, because shop owners living inside the building of their own shop is something pretty common in real life, which doesn't define a civilization.

I agree with Saman and Starter. Let's drop this subject please, and stop spamming this thread with derailment.

Back