• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I am against deleting Lin Lin seeing as she's super cute

On a serious note, the wiki has tons of profiles for characters with next to no actual screen time. I mean ****, Gwynevere literally never appears in a single Dark Souls game ever. If we plan on holding even a single verse to these types of standards, then they should be rigidly defined first, before mass deleting peoples work.

I realize I got a bit over the top with the words, regardless of the argument, so this is a general apology towards everyone.
No need to apologize, I get where you're coming from, I just don't think pages with low screentime need deleting if their statistics are reliable.

Yes. No problem.

Anyway, as long as the characters are distinctive and non-generic, and have some sort of powers, it should probably be fine to keep them.

The statistics for that page do in fact seem based on guesswork.

@Roachman40

Would you be willing to improve on it via accepted calculations please?

Self-explanatory

They should preferably be removed, yes. I will do so.

Ok, pardon me but just because it is a comedy act apparently that makes it unable to have a profile, even though said character has lore, feats, statements, etc? What part of these fully developed characters doesn’t work? Is it simply because they are puppets? I mean we have characters that are puppets but have lore on this wiki such as Pinocchio (Unstrung). Is it because it has to do with the person Jeff Dunham? Cause iirc we have characters who interact with there creators.

The VS Battles Wiki is, first and foremost, a fictional character indexing site. All featured characters in our profiles should originate from actual stories, from works that are reasonably notable or popular outside of versus debating communities. A story includes a plot, a fictional setting, and having a defined canon. At the very least, the setting should be entirely fictional in nature, with no true bearing over the real world.
I'm not sure if puppets that come out in semi-scripted comedy acts would count for this.

Pinocchio Unstrung is part of a haunted maze attraction at an amusement park, so I'm not sure if he should count either. It sounds like it's liable to change from year to year, without one good permanent record to stick to.

I'm not sure if puppets that come out in semi-scripted comedy acts would count for this.

Pinocchio Unstrung is part of a haunted maze attraction at an amusement park, so I'm not sure if he should count either. It sounds like it's liable to change from year to year, without one good permanent record to stick to.
The Pinocchio Unstrung is scripted and meant to be the same story every year, reusing the same props and using the same scaring locations in said location every year. It changes actors, like live performance plays, but the lines used by the scare actors along with the plot of the attraction are the same.

As for this “semi-scripted act”, what specifically is the issue?

The Pinocchio Unstrung is scripted and meant to be the same story every year, reusing the same props and using the same scaring locations in said location every year. It changes actors, like live performance plays, but the lines used by the scare actors along with the plot of the attraction are the same.

No, cause like other productions they have scripted positions, along with lore and feats given in the promotional material and the production itself

That sounds fine, but I'm not sure if that's the case with Jeff's puppets.

My worry is that a comedian's jokes don't feel like they'd have a concrete, unchanging canonized version between performances, which could make stuff wonky.

Having feats, showings of abilities, backstory, etc. is all good, but if there's no defined canon we can't really use it.

However, if there is some official set of unchanging stuff that's used, then it should be fine.

The backstory is pretty much just different experiences the puppets have together, they usually aren't connected and don't contradict. Also, not everything comes from his shows. A good chunk of the feats on the profiles actually came from Jeff's YT, Q&As, short "films" he did on his YT channel, etc.

His shows are actually scripted for the most part. He'll say the exact same jokes, the only difference is that he'll add new segments. So, they are actually mostly an unchanging canon.

The main problem is that this is connected to the real world via a stand-up comedian, and the puppets also do not have any demonstrated feats. They just talk about them. There is also no coherent fictional setting that they move in and comprehensively interact with.

As such, they are inappropriate to keep in the wiki, both according to our rules and common sense. Sorry.

Back