• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think that splitting up the still acceptable mythology profile pages all over the place seems very impractical, as it makes it much harder for our visitors to find and easily overview them, and it is also practical to keep the list of all members who are knowledgeable about mythology, so we can contact them.

We could have the mythology page list all the separate mythology verses.
That is also a solution later on, I suppose, but currently there aren't enough mythology profile pages for that.

Thank you for being reasonable.

Yeah, suppose deleting them for now might be fine if they're all over the place.

That is not what I meant. I just tried to explain that it is easier to find the remaining mythology pages, that are based on specific old works such as Journey to the West and The Illiad, if they are assembled in a single verse page for the time being.

Guesswork statistics for a featless rocket that isn’t even used as a weapon
Bump?

Animated Shadow

This power is way too redundant and oddly specific, it doesn't help that the description basically goes nowhere concrete beyond it being related to Darkness Manipulation, supporting it being redundant.

Last edited:
Personally, i think it could be useful. Animated Shadows have been a power for ages, and often accompany other powers, such as Durability Negation or Telepathy by interacting with other shadows. But the page as it is right now is far too barebones to be applicable to anything, and would need a solid touch-up before ever being used.

I deleted the redirect.

Animated Shadow is a fairly common power, and can be kept, but if somebody could improve on the quality of the page, that would be appreciated of course.

Animated Shadow is a fairly common power, and can be kept, but if somebody could improve on the quality of the page, that would be appreciated of course.
Ehhh... I guess I can start by asking what exactly makes it different from Darkness Manipulation, it can be a subset of it and all (Time Stop to Time Manip, Plot Manipulation to Fate Manipulation...), but on what regard? Right now it seems too vague to know directly, giving an impression of there being hardly any difference between it and (The meant to be broader) Darkness Manipulation.
Rewording the page for a particular subset of Darkness Manipulation would also leave it obsolote on some pages that link to it.
Is it really worth the effort to keep when we can actually just link to Darkness Manipulation? I don't mind if it stays so long it remains with a legitimate use, but as said before, it's simply redundant currently.
Also, just cheched, only about 50 pages have it indexed, that doesn't seem too common compared to the amount Darkness Manipulation holds.

Last edited:
It is a much more limited and specific power, and is common enough to be kept.

In addition, it would require quite a lot of editing to modify all of the pages that link to it, and give us no benefit in return.

This is also not the right place to decide deletions of prominent pages that require lots of editing afterwards.

It is a much more limited and specific power, and is common enough to be kept.

In addition, it would require quite a lot of editing to modify all of the pages that link to it, and give us no benefit in return.

This is also not the right place to decide deletions of prominent pages that require lots of editing afterwards.
How so? As I've said before, right now it's too vague beyond being related to Darkness Manipulation, and editing the wording so it's more concrete would also affect other pages, Tllmbrg also pointed out that it's mishandled in pages as well, and as said before it's also seemingly unecessary to have around for indexing purposes when it does nothing but bring needless redundancy to Darkness Manipulation, respectively.
Hellfire Manipulation had far more pages with it indexed and got removed, this shouldn't be an issue if the staff is willing to handle less than 50 pages, plus other members can help on its removal from profiles if this ends up being the case.

Also, it's not a prominent page either, it's right at the bottom of popularity in terms of Powers and Abilities pages. As for the topic, it can be moved to another thread if you think it's best.

As for this, now that I notice...
I think that splitting up the still acceptable mythology profile pages all over the place seems very impractical, as it makes it much harder for our visitors to find and easily overview them, and it is also practical to keep the list of all members who are knowledgeable about mythology, so we can contact them.
I'm just going to point out that the Supporters/Opponents/Neutral section now is outdated (Most of the list was knowledgeable regarding pages that are now deleted), so I would support dividing it into multiple verse pages. As discussed in the thread, the pages that remain are their own "legitimate" verse and so there's no need to contradict that with the "composite" aspect there as well. Keeping a category just to organize pages that fall in this criteria (instead of a "composite" verse page that breaks standards) would be the best alternative if keeping a way for users to easily find them is really needed, if anything.

Last edited:
If you start a staff discussion for living shadow, and get experienced members to help out with removing it, updating darkness manipulation with a new sub-section for it, and either creating a redirect link or updating all of the pages that currently link to it, that is fine, but this is the wrong place to make such a big decision.

Well, in any case the Supporters/Opponents/Neutral section should be cleaned-up so it only features users knowledgeable in the currently indexed stuff, I'm fine with the name change and for the page to stay if no one minds. However, I still think it would be weird and out of standard, we don't do verse pages for stuff like "horror", "futuristic", "fantasy television" and other sort of genres, categories are normally used for those, and as the Supporters/Opponents/Neutral section essencially has to be redone anyways, letting the users eventually manage those in their own verse pages would be best.

Anyways, I'll make the staff-only thread regarding Animated Shadow thanks to your authorization.

Edit: The thread is here.

Last edited:
Okay. Should I rename the Mythology page?

See the problem I have with the concept of Supporters/Opponents/Neutral, Mythology is a MASSIVE field in terms of scope, and all of these will be extremely indepth topics which would end up being their own fields.

I promise you that no one is as experienced in, say, Chinese mythos as they are in Mayan, Roman, Persian or Classical English mythos.

A known fact are that these are actual subjects people master and have a degree and jobs on, and not something like say, Dragon Ball. So I have a problem regarding this notion.

Recall a while back we had a person who stated he possessed a degree in Medieval Norse history, and how they pointed out how absolutely garbage our profiles were.

Is it fine if we rename the Mythology page to Epic Literature as a compromise solution that should eventually hopefully solve much of this problem?

Renaming the page would solve the problems that an umbrella term such as Mythology causes.
Also, the supporters should be only those who are experienced in the books from which the profiles listed come from.
And every time that someone makes a profile for a character that comes from one of these books (even those that aren't currently in the page), it would be added as a supporter.
Even though we don't have pages for specific genres, this is a different situation, and a verse page is more efficient than a category.

Well, it's only different out of how it was handled in the past, that doesn't mean it necessarily should stay the same now on that regard. The Supporters/Opponents/Neutral section would also become messy like before as each member would only cover a "part" of it, rather than all of it, it would be like as if we made a verse page for classic cartoons and expected synergy between the knowledgeable members on such a "verse", even if the scope is too variable for that.
It's also not a verse where the works remotely cross between each other enought to stay (See Nintendo, Disney and Dreamworks, and even those seem dubious as we don't take those crossovers as canon to the whole thing), so currently it's not a valid verse page concept to begin with either.

Last edited:
Well, it is better than the alternative options, and our members could gradually add or remove their usernames from the list depending on if it still fits.

Anyway, can I please get some replies regarding if I can rename the page title now. I am very tired and overworked, and do not have the energy to deal with any more of this nonsense.

Well, if the page is really to stay (Which really could be debated further, respectively), renaming it to that would be best as it represents the content better.

Jotaro Kujo (OVA) Why does this profile even exist? We're not allowed to just make profiles for every different adaptation of something. It needs to have a vastly different plot, which the OVA doesn't.

Bullshit. Balderdash.

Throwing a different object is not enough of a change to deserve its own set of profiles.

There need to be MAJOR changes to the progression of the story. Not just minor changes within the same story framework.

Thanks for the link.

@Ionliosite and @Genericstickman were the two saying it's different enough, and I strongly disagree with their assessments.

Genericstickman said that some fights are different. So what? We need much more major changes than the same fights happening in somewhat different ways.

Ionliosite said that they're shortened and altered versions of the manga. If those alterations are in the similar vein to what other people have mentioned, they won't be enough, and I don't think being shortened matters either. We don't have different profiles for the 2 Madoka Magica movies that were a shortened version of the anime.

(A staff member will need to ping them to get their attention since I'm not staff)

If removing a good chunk of the story + altering the parts that remain + adding new material isn't enough for having a new profile, then I'm 100% we should be deleting certain other profiles if this comes to pass.

I'm all honesty, maybe a thread would be a good idea, since clarifying better the rules on alternate versions of character can't be a harmful thing.

Back