• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean, we have characters scaling to generic calcs all the time if that's their feat, look no further than Boros for an example.

I suppose. It would be ideal to fill in those unknowns and maybe get an exact calc for the buildings that were destroyed, but I guess the page is fine. Although technically with Boros, the generic calc is used because it's a statement (Him saying his attack will destroy the surface of the planet, or whatever he said). In this case, exact calcs could be done.

This page, I'm not sure whether or not it needs to be deleted since the movie is technically an alternate retelling of the original FotNS. Just thought I would bring it to attention. However, it does have several unknowns, rather weak justifications for stats, and some (albeit easily fixable) formatting errors.
I don't think it has enough of its own canon to have a page.

That's what I thought too, but we have had profiles for similar alternate versions of characters before (like this one) so I guess there's an argument for both options.

Social influencing may not be enough, but Genius Intelligence IMO seems fine. Plus she's an important character in her story, so I think it's fairly harmless to have her be here.

I agree with Medeus. Please stop trying to constantly get any low-powered profile pages that you find deleted, regardless whether or not they are allowed by our rules.

Well, this happens a lot, and it doesn't seem to be a borderline case.

Keeping her sets a bad precedent, as that would lead into any remotely protagonic 10-B that's smart being indexable, which would easily include stuff like the Big Bang Theory cast being indexable, which is a no. Her series isn't even a fighting-related one on any legitimate way.

A CRT over that will happen after a while anyways, so I'll just keep her in a list for a later check if the above isn't enought.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure Promestein would have a lot of words with you about deleting gambling anime pages.

Here are our Editing Rules for this:

"Low-powered characters are allowed to be featured here as long as the characters come from popular/notable verses that are overall worthy of indexing, they are important to their stories, and the profiles are reliable and well-made, although sitcom characters and similar should be avoided. This wiki's main purpose is to index characters, not to feature fights between them."
See here. We do not allow sitcom characters and similar.

Also, the staff have already talked extensively about this subject previously before we accepted our current standards. We cannot constantly modify the same regulations.

See here. We do not allow sitcom characters and similar.
I feel as if we need to revise those rules, since they still leave a lot of glaring holes. As mentioned, I am sure many users, such as Promestein and myself, would be quite opposed to removing certain pages of more gambling-focused fighters and people. But at the same time, there are far more 10-Bs in the world than simply sitcoms.

Like, I know we've talked about it before, but I truly feel like we've never actually reached a solid conclusion on it. There's still ambiguity. And as much as I don't like constantly changing the same rule, if it's still broken, I'd like to fix it.

Also, the staff have already talked extensively about this subject previously before we accepted our current standards. We cannot constantly modify the same regulations.
Extensively? As we can see in the thread the rule came from, it just got quickly approved and even some staff disliked the idea, it just went across without much discussion out of the inability on making a proper CRT at the time.
I would recommend just doing an staff-only thread over the subject (More specifically, the rule) if you ask me.

They're fine. Gambling-focused characters like this are niche, but certainly have much more room for any sort of interesting match than some random ******* sitcom character. There's no comparison to be made between 'random smart person from x' and 'smart character from a mind game centric story revolving around constant mental competitions'. Let's remove L and Light, otherwise, I mean, their entire thing is being smart and non-superpowered, so we may as well not bother, right?

Moritzva:

Well, the idea is that low-powered important characters from verses that are related to fighting and/or the supernatural should still be allowed, as otherwise there wouldn't even be a point to having a tier 10 in the first place, but that sitcom, real life romantic comedy, or similar characters do not belong here.

Anyway, I agree with Promestein.

Does anybody have a link to the backup of the thread in which this rule was approved?

Anyway, I agree with Promestein.

Does anybody have a link to the backup of the thread in which this rule was approved?
Here

For the record, I don't oppose "tier 10s with no superpowers" from staying, but we need the rule over this to be worded better so it doesn't seem arbitrary in the long run. One can push for Calvin (& Hobbes) from coming back even thought they don't really fight physically at all nor have indexable powers, and this easily can be dismissed of course, but the wording should be redone to avoid future needless discussions.

Last edited:
Honestly, my belief is that if a character lacks any powers or abilities, their character has to have a significant focus in battling in some way. Sheldon Cooper is smart but he's obviously not significantly focused on fighting anyone, while Kaiji/Yumeko are both intelligent gamblers with a heavy focus on battling in mindgames like that, so they can stay.

Moritzva:

As long as they are important characters originating in a verse focused on either some form of fighting or the supernatural, they should be fine.

Okay. It seems like AKM sama, DontTalkDT, Dragonmasterxyz, DarkDragonMedeus, Celestial Pegasus, and myself agreed about adding the rule at least, which should be enough.

Moritzva:

As long as they are important characters originating in a verse focused on either some form of fighting or the supernatural, they should be fine.
We should reword our standards to more directly imply this rather than simply condemning sitcoms, specifically.

Okay, how about something like this for the modified rule then?

"Low-powered characters are allowed to be featured here as long as the characters come from popular/notable verses that are overall worthy of indexing (meaning ones focused on either some form of fighting and/or the supernatural), they are important to their stories, and the profiles are reliable and well-made, although sitcom characters, ones from more realistic romantic comedies, and similar should be avoided. This wiki's main purpose is to index characters, not to feature fights between them."

Thank you.

What do the rest of you think?

I do not think so, no. They would largely be covered by the above rule

I do not think so, no. They would largely be covered by the above rule
Would they? As an example, The Joker (Arthur Fleck) is from a rather mundane, if dark fiction.
I'd be skeptic that the movie is focused on fighting, given its note & renown for its focus on the psyche of the character, & the fight scenes not being as great a portion of the movie's content.
I'd think the movie's setting also lacks many evident supernatural elements at all, beyond debatable presence of Superhuman Physical Characteristics.

So under that standard's qualifiers, his status is shaky, in spite of him having several feats listed on his profile under his AP & Durability sections, & being a notable & popular DC character.

Wouldn't that be covered under "some form of fighting"? Or should we reword the rule in the following manner?

"Low-powered characters are allowed to be featured here as long as the characters come from popular/notable verses that are overall worthy of indexing (meaning ones that are either at least partially action-oriented and/or focus on the supernatural), they are important to their stories, and the profiles are reliable and well-made, although sitcom characters, ones from more realistic romantic comedies, and similar should be avoided. This wiki's main purpose is to index characters, not to feature fights between them."

I'd think that not all fiction that contains characters with capabilities notable of indexing are primarily action-oriented.

On another related topic, the standard also seems to disqualify Sitcoms almost indiscriminately. Peter Griffin & Gumball Watterson, while not characters liked by everyone -& in fact, I'm sure several people in our community dislike them & their 'verses- do have numerous feats & abilities we've documented.
The former in particular is renowned for reoccurring & extensive fight scenes happening between him & a giant chicken.

But Family Guy is very surely a sitcom, & The Amazing World of Gumball often features elements of a sitcom, & neither are in the action-genre (At least, checking Wikipedia, with TAWoG's only related genre being slapstick, which is exaggerated physically active comedy.) & I'd be confident they & many other 'verses often have episodes lacking in violent content.
In that regard, those 2 verses with multiple characters with superhuman feats, abilities & other indexable content, fail on the grounds of being sitcoms & not always having a significant "action" focus, & similar could be argued of other 'verses, I'd think.

Speaking personally, I don't like the standard.
In its own words that you proposed, Antvasima: " This wiki's main purpose is to index characters, not to feature fights between them."

But again, not all index-worthy characters may be from strictly action-oriented 'verses, sitcoms included, & if it's not that our purpose is featuring fights, then it feels odd to require 'verses that feature fighting/action prominently when they already meet other parts of the standard.

Sorry to get so 'verbose & perhaps irrationally emotional, especially when I'm not even staff, so it's questionable how much weight my input should be given, but I, personally feel that, I at least, do not like this standard entirely.

(meaning ones that are either at least partially action-oriented and/or focus on the supernatural)
I think adding this is causing more confusion. This implies that only characters that are action oriented should get profiles. Just going by the current rule for Yumeko Jabami:
Is she from a popular verse? Check.
Is she a popular character? Check.
Is she important to her story? Check.
Is she worthy of indexing? Like Prom said, characters with genius intelligence and focused on gambling do make up for interesting matches. L is an example. Fighting on a mental level exists too. So check.
Even by the current rules, she passes most of the tests.

Back