• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thank you for the input. I will now redirect the Hellfire Manipulation page.

However, if Bobsican plans to make the edits first tomorrow, giving him editing rights does not seem necessary, as the Fandom staff member that I talked with is supposed to open the wiki for editing from regular members later today.

Has there been a decided wording on how we mention it on the Fire Manipulation page?

I'm assuming the category will be removed from profiles as well?

Regarding Hellfire, with editing rights I may be able to clean-up all the pages from it and replace it with Fire Manip tomorrow.
From what I can see there are a total of 366 profiles (not including blogs) that link to Hellfire Manipulation, a lot of which are locked. That is a large number of pages to have to rephrase stuff on, so this is something multiple people should be working on fixing.

I will be busy for some time tomorrow but between the other stuff I'm trying to finish up I can make room for removing links if need be.

Oh right, bots can do those sorts of revisions. That should be fine.

Has there been a decided wording on how we mention it on the Fire Manipulation page?

I'm assuming the category will be removed from profiles as well?
I do not think that we have decided anything about mentioning it as a specific type in the Fire Manipulation page, or removing the category yet, but these are valid points.

Mentioning hellfire could make using a bit unneeded, so that special cases with some errors (like links to hellfire manip with different texts like "can summon flames from hell").

If a small section for hellfire manipulation is added, editing the profiles will be unneeded.

If a bot simply updates all hellfire manip to fire manip, a lot of profiles will still have double links to fire manipulation. That's not the end of the world of course, but still

Yes, that is a good point. Adding a section for this is easier.

Here is what the old page said before I turned it into a redirect link:

Hellfire Manipulation is the power to control the unique and intensely powerful flames of hell, fires that are usually superior to regular flames. Often bearing unusual colors, hellfire can cause excruciating pain that surpasses the harm that normal fire causes, and is often capable of harming souls and preventing conventional regeneration.

Should I simply copy-paste it into the Fire Manipulation page?

You can paste that text as a bullet point after the main text of the Fire Manipulation page, so that it looks like a special version of fire manipulation. Also, I agree that the link to Hellfire Manipulation could be replaced with a text piece. If nobody else handles it, I can do it later.

This dude due to poor quality page and barely any stats being properly explained
Might be worth going through the verse in general

AKM sama:

I have done so.

However, I am not sure if it is a good solution or if we should create a separate section in the the page for special variants of the fire manipulation ability.

Here is what the old page said before I turned it into a redirect link:

Hellfire Manipulation is the power to control the unique and intensely powerful flames of hell, fires that are usually superior to regular flames. Often bearing unusual colors, hellfire can cause excruciating pain that surpasses the harm that normal fire causes, and is often capable of harming souls and preventing conventional regeneration.

Should I simply copy-paste it into the Fire Manipulation page?
This seems unnecessary, it's getting removed in the first place as it's not something that can be generalized beyond being Fire Manipulation, although it can work as a temporary solution, but in the long run it's to be removed once the pages that link to hellfire manip are edited accordingly.

Well, it can recurrently affect souls, so it isn't identical to regular fire.

As the thread says and it's agreed on, not all of them do, and so it can't be generalized beyond being fire manip, hence why it's being removed out of being redundant and overall not needed for indexing purposes.

I think that AKM's solution works better for the moment. The question is in what way we should properly index the ability in the Fire Manipulation page in terms of page layout structure.

I don't think it has to in the first place, once the removal on the pages to link to it are done, it would just be covered by Fire Manipulation and any particular effect it has shown on the respective series/case, if any (For example, Soul Manipulation).

And I can't proceed with the editing as the pages seem to still be locked for regular users.

There would be almost 350 pages to update, and many of them would get Fire Manipulation listed twice as a result. This is much more convenient for the moment, especially as me and other staff members are very overworked right now.

So, about possibly improving the page layout structure...

Many of them are locked. We would need some committed content moderators or/and adminstrators to help out, and they are largely very busy right now.

I have told you previously to please try to tone down the intensity of your constant demands for editing projects. They can be very time-consuming.

Oh sorry, I didn't realize that this would border into a site-wide revision.

I guess this revision can be kept for later in that case.

In the meantime, I guess the Fire Manipulation page can say over it including Hellfire as said before.

Actually, if that's what was decided then it's fair to just delete the page I guess. There will be no Hellfire Manipulation. There will only be Fire Manipulation + whatever extra effect it causes (like soul manip).

As for the pages getting Fire Manipulation listed twice, we can simply replace "[[Hellfire Manipulation]]" with "Can summon flames from hell". And even if that is deemed inappropriate, I will only have to spend a bit more extra time and a little manual editing to take care of the "[[Fire Manipulation]]" part so that only one mention of it remains.

I've gone through the verse that Tllmbrg mentioned and I took a look at half dozen or so pages. It does look like there's no calcs or solid evidence to back up ratings and some have a lot of Unknowns on their profile.

AKM sama:

Okay. If you are willing to handle it, feel free to do so, but wouldn't it be very time-consuming? Your help is needed with the content revision threads right now after all.

Colonel Krukov:

Thank you for helping out. You can probably delete the verse and its character profile pages then.

All content moderators:

What about the pages that Bobsican brought to our attention earlier?

It will be done my lord

All pages plus the relevant category page are gone.

Okay. If you are willing to handle it, feel free to do so, but wouldn't it be very time-consuming?
Even if we leave the Hellfire Manipulation page as a redirect, it won't solve the problem of double links. Only the other one would be a redirect. So it would need fixing at some point anyway. If nobody else gets to it and I find some free time, I can tackle it.

Krukov:

Thank you for helping out. I appreciate it.

AKM:

Okay. Thank you very much to you as well, although you can PM Promestein and Amelia to ask them for help if you wish. (Elizhaa is also overworked, just like you and me.)

Starter Pack:

Thank you very much for helping out.

The Ushio Okazaki profile page seems fine enough to remain, and the Ragnarok verse is quite popular, and will likely be revised/improved soon.

I haven't received any input from @Gemmysaur regarding Ragnarok whatsoever, so I'm not too sure, and "popular" is quite an exaggeration if we go by wiki support (Only one supporter, and only two threads that quickly died in the old forum ever since its indexing at... 2015), but that's besides the point.
Can somebody please ask Gemmysaur off-site to come here? I've already contacted him on the wall of this forum and on the main wiki site, and he hasn't replied.

As for Ushio Okazaki, we generally are quite strict on scans for such high tiers (Hint, there isn't any here), so I don't think it's suitable to remain as it is.

Last edited:
All - Ragnarok Online Character Classes which are on the verse page don't have a profile.

From Manwha only Chaos has a profile which shouldn't be a problem but it has no calculation, no image for the AP/Durability and Speed section.

The Ragnarok Animation has no character profile, just a list of them.

While Ragnarok Online Monsters has 2 profiles: Satan Morroc which doesn't have his feat calculated (I assume the feat for his tier is the one from Feat Section where it shows a large hole in the middle of the photo - right image first row) and the last one which is "Destroyed a large part of the land southeast of Rune Midgard" doesn't say in how much time, if it was in one attack or more, or overtime and the like. The image for his dimensional travel seems more like a portal from its look but I may be wrong.

Same situation for Thanatos which scales from Satan Morroc. While both have some spells linked to images/gifs, their lack of a calculation makes it a bit of a problem but overall if these feats for both of them would be calculated, maybe expanded a bit on how it comes to be done and a bit of formatting for the pages they could stay but this would need someone who knows the verse (as I don't think anyone would play the game just to correct the pages).

Conclusion if the feats are calculated, some more images added and better formatting here and there, the profiles could stay but that would need someone knowledgeable to fix them.

Ps. My opinion, but I don't like page verses that have multiple images/names for characters without having a profile so I would delete them too if the verse will stay. But this is just my perspective.

Thank you for helping out so much. I appreciate it.

Back