• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Professional Wrestling) Turns out WWE LS Scaling isn’t really pulling it’s weight (Haha see what I did there?) Anyways let’s fix that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikaman

He/Him
So yeah WWE LS do be in a bad state right now

Essentially to shorten it we scale wayyyyy to many people to the “Strongmen” of the franchise when really the only people even remotely comparable to them are each other. I always want to point out how the normal Wrestlers have some pretty major anti-feats, such as The Demon Finn Bálor struggling to powerbomb a 124KG Bobby Lashley, which is barely Athletic Human. It’s also outright stated that Base Finn wouldn’t have managed the feat at all.

With this in tow, some new scaling propositions

I had informed @RandomGuy2345 in advance of the creation of this CRT I was planning on these revisions, and we ended up hitting a bit of a crossroads where we have been unable to agree (I know I know ironic considering we’re tag champs and meant to have all this synergy and blah blah blah)

So we mostly agree on the creation of 3 tiers (Low, Mid, Too) and the general types who belong in those tiers:

Low: Cruiserweights (Finn Bálor, Rey Mysterio, etc.)

Mid: Heavyweights, “Powerhouses” (Austin Theory, John Cena, Sheamus, etc.)

Top: “Strongmen” (Mark Henry, Braun Strowman, Brock Lesnar, Big Show, etc.)

We also agreed on the following:

- Low Tiers should be “Athletic Human, Possibly Peak Human”

- Top Tiers should be “Class 5 to Class 25”

Where we disagree is on Mid-Tiers

I propose “At least Athletic Human, Likely Peak Human, possibly Higher.” For the following reasons

- Low Tiers and Mid-Tiers are not particularly far apart, and Low Tiers are very low down in Athletic Human, so it’s more than possible they share a tier, hence the acknowledgment of Athletic Human

- They are still world class Heavyweight Athletes, so Peak Human is the most likely destination

- There are some potential feats that would put them above Peak Human, and while I generally disagree with them, I felt it right to acknowledge the possibility of a higher LS being there.

@RandomGuy2345 proposes “At least Athletic Human, Likely Peak Human, possibly Class 5”

- They are less happy with an acknowledgment of Athletic Human when compared to me, but still support it FRA

- Agree with likely Peak Human FRA

- They argue that “Higher” should instead be “Class 5”, as Mid-Tiers have at times competed with Top-Tiers in shows of strength (Arm Wrestling Contests, Tug of War matches, etc.)

I do not wish to make and debunk Random’s argument for him, but I will note I disagree with Class 5 going anywhere near Mid-Tiers. I’ll let Random respond with his reasoning for Class 5, I’ll post my refutes, and ultimately staff will make final call.

The reason why I think the Mid Tiers should have a "possibly Class 5" added to their LS section is for these reasons:

Austin Theory had a pose down with the likes of Bobby Lashley. Lashley is very obviously a Class 25'er, being able to contend with the likes of Braun Strowman. Despite Theory losing the pose down, the whole point the segment was trying to convey is that Theory is very impressive, and incredibly powerful, but he's not on the level of Lashley, which is why I think Theory, along with the other Mid Tiers, should downscale to Class 5.

Mark Henry defeated Tensai and Brodus Clay in tug of war. Both are 300+ pound men who are known for using their strength.

However, Sheamus, who has a smaller stature than both Brodus and Tensai, gave Mark Henry a good run for his money, unlike the previous 2 competitors.

To further drive the nail in the coffin, Sheamus was able to give Mark Henry a good run for his money in an arm wrestling contest. Of course, Sheamus ultimately lost, but the fact that on 2 occasions, Sheamus was able to put up a good fight against Mark Henry, widely considered as one of the strongest men in the WWE, really says a lot. Further proof as to why I think the Mid Tiers should have Class 5 LS.

That's not all. John Cena had Mark Henry on the ropes in an arm wrestling contest, too. Only this time, it looked like he was about to beat him until Randy Orton planned a sneak attack on him.

To further drive this home, John Cena destroyed Alberto Del Rio in an arm wrestling contest. Del Rio is the same guy who, while extremely exhausted and worn out, was able to tip the announcers table on the Big Show. The table was stated by commentary to weigh hundreds of pounds.

This is further proof that the Mid Tiers should have Class 5 LS.

Another reason why the Mid Tiers should have Class 5 LS is because a good portion of them are known for their LS. Their known powerhouses. In fact, some of their most impressive feats come from their LS, so it shouldn't be too big of a surprise that they can hold their own against the strongmen.

Hell, the fact that a Mid Tier destroyed a wrestler who can lift hundreds of pounds while exhausted already says a lot.

Now, I do think think that the Mid Tiers should have "possibly Class 5" instead of just Class 5 flat out, since it's not a 100% guaranteed that they're on that level, but the overwhelming evidence I've shown proves that it's a possibility.

So, imo, the Mid Tiers for their LS section should be labeled as this:

“At least Athletic Human, Likely Peak Human, possibly Class 5”

I rest my case.

It’s really, really late where I am now, so will respond later, but I will say I’m not convinced by your arguments

To further drive this home, John Cena destroyed Alberto Del Rio in an arm wrestling contest. Del Rio is the same guy who, while extremely exhausted and worn out, was able to tip the announcers table on the Big Show. The table was stated by commentary to weigh hundreds of pounds.
I wanna put more emphasis on this feat in particular.

Imo, "hundreds of pounds" are anywhere between 400-800 lbs (Athletic Human-Peak Human). Keep in my mind that Del Rio was completely exhausted/worn out when he did that feat.

The fact that Cena completely shit on someone in an arm wrestling contest who can pull feats of strength like that while exhausted really says a lot.

Whoever loses this will have swallow hefty amounts of copium lol.

I'll contact the other WWE supporters about this.

Austin Theory had a pose down with the likes of Bobby Lashley. Lashley is very obviously a Class 25'er, being able to contend with the likes of Braun Strowman. Despite Theory losing the pose down, the whole point the segment was trying to convey is that Theory is very impressive, and incredibly powerful, but he's not on the level of Lashley, which is why I think Theory, along with the other Mid Tiers, should downscale to Class 5.
A posing competition really doesn’t mean all that much, and even if you were to say all about how Theory is close but not quite Lashley levels of strength, why Class 5?

Mark Henry defeated Tensai and Brodus Clay in tug of war. Both are 300+ pound men who are known for using their strength.

However, Sheamus, who has a smaller stature than both Brodus and Tensai, gave Mark Henry a good run for his money, unlike the previous 2 competitors.

To further drive the nail in the coffin, Sheamus was able to give Mark Henry a good run for his money in an arm wrestling contest. Of course, Sheamus ultimately lost
At the time of these segments, WWE Creative were attempting to create a feud between Sheamus and Mark Henry, Sheamus as a result has to look good in defeat, so that he doesn’t look completely inferior to Henry in the build-up to their match. Because

A: The plot demanded Sheamus look good even in defeat

B: We literally see Henry fodderise 2 men that should be around, if not above, Sheamus’ level on paper

I’d argue these example are cases of PIS

That's not all. John Cena had Mark Henry on the ropes in an arm wrestling contest, too. Only this time, it looked like he was about to beat him until Randy Orton planned a sneak attack on him.
See above, this was a segment designed to brag about Cena’s recovered shoulder from injury, and Cena and Henry would face each other in a match the next week, so once again, neither would have been allowed to look bad in defeat

This is further proof that the Mid Tiers should have Class 5 LS.
Even massively upscaling above “Hundreds of Pounds” is nowhere near Class 5 lol, it can be as little as 200lbs, or Above Average Human.

Another reason why the Mid Tiers should have Class 5 LS is because a good portion of them are known for their LS. Their known powerhouses. In fact, some of their most impressive feats come from their LS, so it shouldn't be too big of a surprise that they can hold their own against the strongmen.
The strongmen are known for their LS, Powerhouses are far more often known for their clean efficient offence that focuses on quality of strikes rather than quantity, and again, why would downscaling necessarily be Class 5?

Oh also here’s a Mid-Tier failing to do the Class 5 feat of lifting a car

Last edited:
A posing competition really doesn’t mean all that much, and even if you were to say all about how Theory is close but not quite Lashley levels of strength, why Class 5?
Then how about we downscale them to Class 1?🤓

A: The plot demanded Sheamus look good even in defeat
The fact that Sheamus is a known powerhouse, and not some guy with above average strength. Some of his most impressive feats come from his LS. The plot was trying to convey that Sheamus is strong, he's just not Marj Henry.

B: We literally see Henry fodderise 2 men that should be around, if not above, Sheamus’ level on paper
Based off what? You have no proof of that. It's way more plausible to consider that Sheamus is stronger than them instead of assuming that they're possibly above Sheamus' level on paper. There's more proof showing Sheamus is stronger than assuming the first two were stronger based on some shaky evidence.

See above, this was a segment designed to brag about Cena’s recovered shoulder from injury, and Cena and Henry would face each other in a match the next week, so once again, neither would have been allowed to look bad in defeat
Basically the same reasoning I explained above.

Even massively upscaling above “Hundreds of Pounds” is nowhere near Class 5 lol, it can be as little as 200lbs, or Above Average Human.
You know fully well that was not 200 pounds. That's extreme levels of lowballing. The feat Del Rio did is more so of a Athletic Human - Peak Human LS, which makes sense since a majority of the verse is at the very least, on that level of LS.

The strongmen are known for their LS, Powerhouses are far more often lay known for their clean efficient offence that focuses on quality of strikes rather than quantity, and again, why would downscaling necessarily be Class 5?
Both strongmen and the powerhouses are known for their LS. You can watch nearly any match from Theory, Cena, Sheamus, and Cesaro, and you can guarantee that 95% of the time, you'll hear the commentators emphasize how strong those wrestlers are. There's no denying that.

Oh also here’s a Mid-Tier failing to do the Class 5 feat of lifting a car
This is one occasion out of the many examples I've shown that prove otherwise.

At the very least, I feel like the Mid Tiers should downscale to Class 1.

There's overwhelming evidence showing that some of the Mid Tiers can hold their own against the strongmen.

There's shaky evidence at best that proves that these feats are PIS, and there's shaky evidence at best that proves that the 2 wrestlers Mark Henry defeated in the tug of war that they're above Sheamus' level.

Then how about we downscale them to Class 1?🤓
Off of what feats? 😭

The fact that Sheamus is a known powerhouse, and not some guy with above average strength. Some of his most impressive feats come from his LS. The plot was trying to convey that Sheamus is strong, he's just not Mark Henry.
The plot was trying to make Sheamus look good in defeat despite the fact he challenged Henry in a category Henry obviously outclassed him in by a huge margin, Henry has fodderised people comparable to Sheamus before, this was PIS

Based off what? You have no proof of that. It's way more plausible to consider that Sheamus is stronger than them instead of assuming that they're possibly above Sheamus' level on paper. There's more proof showing Sheamus is stronger than assuming the first two were stronger based on some shaky evidence
You yourself said that they were “known for using their LS” which is exactly the same type of archetype you are assigning to Sheamus, Cena etc. look me in the eyes and say those 2 were low tiers. There’s no way the difference between Sheamus and those 2 is as large as giving Henry and run for his money and being absolutely dominated by him.

You know fully well that was not 200 pounds.
Because… what exactly? They said “Hundreds of Pounds”, 200 lbs fits the bill, and a Peak Human managing only Above Average Human results when extremely tired makes sense

Both strongmen and the powerhouses are known for their LS. You can watch nearly any match from Theory, Cena, Sheamus, and Cesaro, and you can guarantee that 95% of the time, you'll hear the commentators emphasize how strong those wrestlers are. There's no denying that.
Strong can mean many things, not just LS, powerhouses are known for their clean, efficient strikes that put opponents down. That’s what they mean by “Strength” in regards to the likes of Sheamus and Theory
This is one occasion out of the many examples I've shown that prove otherwise.
Your examples are based on dodgy scaling that doesn’t put any kind of solid numbers on anything, this is an actual, solid feat that disproved Class 5. We don’t know how much higher mid-tiers could be beyond Peak Human, just list “Higher”

Bro I can't respond to you on this mobile phone 😭. It's literally torture for me lol.

You can contact staff now. I'll make a response on my laptop.

This is a bit of a nitpick but I don't think professional heavyweight athletes are probably not peak human in LS by default, they have to build themselves to be a lot leaner than strongmen. Apparently IRL Brock Lesnar, who I'm using because he did have a notable career in MMA and also obviously has the body type most pro wrestlers will have, can bench almost 300 kg though so it's probably fine for them to be Peak Human.

Anyway, may I ask for you boys to summarize the arguments for mid tier scaling? I've only skimmed though I do think one of the mid tiers failing to lift a car is pretty strong evidence for one side.

I’ll let Random do his side of things, but my arguments for “Possibly Higher” rather than “Possibly Class 5”

- We’ve never actually seen a Mid-Tier do a Class 5 feat, and the one time we saw one attempt a Class 5 feat they failed

- Most possible cases of Mid-Tiers down-scaling from Top Tiers are tainted by possible PIS, and even if they weren’t there’s no definitive number that could be applied through said down-scaling

- Mid-Tiers should not be leagues ahead of Low-Tiers, of which are nowhere near even Class 1, so Class 5 Mid-Tiers doesn’t make much sense

Last edited:
This is a bit of a nitpick but I don't think professional heavyweight athletes are probably not peak human in LS by default, they have to build themselves to be a lot leaner than strongmen. Apparently IRL Brock Lesnar, who I'm using because he did have a notable career in MMA and also obviously has the body type most pro wrestlers will have, can bench almost 300 kg though so it's probably fine for them to be Peak Human.

Anyway, may I ask for you boys to summarize the arguments for mid tier scaling? I've only skimmed though I do think one of the mid tiers failing to lift a car is pretty strong evidence for one side.
Thanks for helping out btw!

Turns out I'm a very sick boi, so I won't be having school today.

I'll make a summary of my points, like Chompy requested.

Why I think the Mid Tiers should have a possibly Class 5 on their profile, or at the very least a possibly Class 1:

-Out of the one occasion where a Mid Tier failed to do a Class 5 feat, I have shown multiple pieces of evidence proving otherwise. There are Mid Tiers in the verse that can hold their own against the strongmen. If Pika can claim the overwhelming evidence I've shown falls under PIS, then I can confidently claim that the one occasion a Mid Tier failed to do a Class 5 feat is an outlier.

-A Mid Tier completely shat on a wrestler that can lift hundreds of pounds of weight while exhausted in an arm wrestling contest. And no, saying the table could've weighed only 200 lbs is an extreme lowball. It's far more plausible that the announce table feat Del Rio did was an Athletic Human - Peak Human levels of LS (more likely Peak Human, considering that Del Rio is stronger than a good portion of the Low Tiers). Hell, the Del Rio feat is one of the main reasons why the verse has Peak Human LS in the first place. The fact Cena completely shat on Del Rio proves that the Mid Tiers are at the very least, in the extreme high ends of Peak Human, to possibly even Class 1. Even if we extremely lowballed Del Rio's feat and assumed the table was only 200 lbs, Del Rio was extremely exhausted when he did the feat, so Del Rio can most definitely lift far more than 200 lbs.

-Mid Tiers like Theory, Cena, Sheamus, and Cesaro are far above the Low Tiers in terms of LS. They can legit throw them around like a ragdoll.

-Both Cena and Sheamus are known for their LS. You can watch virtually any full match they're in, and there's a 95% chance that the commentators will compliment how strong and powerful Cena and Sheamus is. It 100% makes sense that they're able to hold their own, albeit ultimately lose against the strongmen.

-There's no proof that the people Mark Henry defeated in that game of tug of war are on the same levels of LS Sheamus is on, let alone people like Cena. And from what I've shown, they aren't.

Out of the one occasion where a Mid Tier failed to do a Class 5 feat, I have shown multiple pieces of evidence proving otherwise. There are Mid Tiers in the verse that can hold their own against the strongmen. If Pika can claim the overwhelming evidence I've shown falls under PIS, then I can confidently claim that the one occasion a Mid Tier failed to do a Class 5 feat is an outlier.
“Holding their own” against the strongmen wouldn’t even be grounds for Class 5 inherently, and with actual showings of Mid Tiers failing to do Class 5 feats, the best you can manage is “higher”

And no, saying the table could've weighed only 200 lbs is an extreme lowball.
Yeah, sure, it’s a lowball, but it’s still within the realms of possibility. There’s nothing proving it’s in excess of 200lbs. And again, a Peak Human managing only Above Average Human results when suffering from extreme fatigue would be far from out of the ordinary

Mid Tiers like Theory, Cena, Sheamus, and Cesaro are far above the Low Tiers in terms of LS. They can legit throw them around like a ragdoll.
Compete cap, the only matchups where LS differences are very clear major factors in fights are the ones involving Top Tiers.

Both Cena and Sheamus are known for their LS. You can watch virtually any full match they're in, and there's a 95% chance that the commentators will compliment how strong and powerful Cena and Sheamus is. It 100% makes sense that they're able to hold their own, albeit ultimately lose against the strongmen.
Already responded
There's no proof that the people Mark Henry defeated in that game of tug of war are on the same levels of LS Sheamus is on, let alone people like Cena. And from what I've shown, they aren't.
You yourself described them as “People known for using their LS” which is pretty much exactly how you described Sheamus and Cena.

For all of the staff that gives their input here:

Read the summaries Pika and I made instead of the lengthy arguments we make.

For all of the staff that gives their input here:

Read the summaries Pika and I made instead of the lengthy arguments we make.
The summaries are very summarised though (Surprise Surprise), they leave out a fair bit of context reading the thread would provide

“Holding their own” against the strongmen wouldn’t even be grounds for Class 5 inherently, and with actual showings of Mid Tiers failing to do Class 5 feats, the best you can manage is “higher”
If they can hold their own, then can you just downscale them to Class 1. There are many wrestlers who are able to hold their own against other wrestlers in a fight, but ultimately lose, so we downscale them to a tier below to compensate.

Yeah, sure, it’s a lowball, but it’s still within the realms of possibility. There’s nothing proving it’s in excess of 200lbs. And again, a Peak Human managing only Above Average Human results when suffering from extreme fatigue would be far from out of the ordinary
It's honestly not at all within the realms of possibility. There's nothing proving the table is at the lowest weight possible (200 lbs). We can't assume it's at the lowest realm of possibility. That's extreme levels of lowballing. Something like 400-700 lbs (Athletic Human - Peak Human) makes much more sense. Somewhere in the middle. Not too high, but not too low.

Compete cap, the only matchups where LS differences are very clear major factors in fights are the ones involving Top Tiers.
You're telling me to my face right now that Theory, Cena, Sheamus, and Cesaro can't throw Rey Mysterio around like a ragdoll?

Austin Theory shoulder tackled Rey Mysterio all the way out of the ring. Theory can lift and flip men who weigh far more than Rey Mysterio.

John Cena lifted both Big Show and Edge (700+ lbs).

Sheamus was able to lift Big Show.

Cesaro was able to lift The Great Khali. Cesaro literally swings The Great Khali around. Cesaro was legit stated by commentary to be pound-for-pound the strongest wrestler in the WWE.

But yet Mid Tiers can't throw around Low Tiers like Rey Mysterio like their ragdolls? Pfft.

You yourself described them as “People known for using their LS” which is pretty much exactly how you described Sheamus and Cena.
And I'm claiming that Sheamus and Cena are stronger than them.

If they can hold their own, then can you just downscale them to Class 1.
That’s not how downscaling works… (At least not for LS)

To get Class 1 LS, you need to actually perform a Class 1 feat, or have a reliable multiplier or otherwise confirmed superiority/inferiority to a different LS Classed Character that can be calculated. Mid-Tiers’ ability to “Hold their own” against Top-Tiers is to an unknown extent, so we can’t slap a number like Class 1 or Class 5 onto it

You're telling me to my face right now that Theory, Cena, Sheamus, and Cesaro can't throw Rey Mysterio around like a ragdoll?

Austin Theory shoulder tackled Rey Mysterio all the way out of the ring. Theory can lift and flip men who weigh far more than Rey Mysterio.

John Cena lifted both Big Show and Edge (700+ lbs).

Sheamus was able to lift Big Show.

Cesaro was able to lift The Great Khali. Cesaro literally swings The Great Khali around. Cesaro was legit stated by commentary to be pound-for-pound the strongest wrestler in the WWE.

But yet Mid Tiers can't throw around Low Tiers like Rey Mysterio like their ragdolls? Pfft.
There’s a difference in tossing a person around like a ragdoll, which only requires LS superior to their body weight, and actually being leagues stronger than them, which requires LS far superior to their own LS. Mid-Tiers possess the former but not the latter

And I'm claiming that Sheamus and Cena are stronger than them.
By as large a margin as they would have to be to challenge Mark Henry, who fodderised them? I don't think so

Last edited:
There’s a difference in tossing a person around like a ragdoll, which only requires LS superior to their body weight, and actually being leagues stronger than them, which requires LS far superior to their own LS. Mid-Tiers possess the former but not the latter
Meh. I recommend reading the strength I have for Cesaro instead of reading the point of me saying that the Mid Tiers can toss Rey Mysterio around like a ragdoll.

By as large a margin as they would have to be to challenge Mark Henry, who fodderised them? I dont
Mark Henry didn't "fodderize" the two wrestlers. If you want to see a wrestler fodderize someone in a test of strength, take a look at John Cena arm wrestling Del Rio.

Cesaro, is pound for pound, the strongest wrestler in the WWE. Rey is nowhere near that level. Cesaro (along with wrestlers comparable/superior to him) are leagues above Rey in terms of LS.

Mark Henry didn't "fodderize" the two wrestlers. If you want to see a wrestler fodderize someone in a test of strength, take a look at John Cena arm wrestling Del Rio.
He quite literally pulled Tensei out of the air, and dispatched Brodus casually while laughing.

Cesaro, is pound for pound, the strongest wrestler in the WWE
Cesaro (along with wrestlers comparable/superior to him)
That’s a massive oxymoron. If you genuinely buy him being “The strongest Wrestler in WWE” he would easily be a Class 25’er

He quite literally pulled Tensei out of the air, and dispatched Brodus casually while laughing.
And Cena literally embarrassed Del Rio, to the point he was shocked that he was that easy to defeat.

That’s a massive oxymoron. If you genuinely buy him being “The strongest Wrestler in WWE” he would easily be a Class 25’er
I literally just said that doesn't mean he's the overall strongest. He's one of the strongest, but not the strongest.

And Cena literally embarrassed Del Rio, to the point he was shocked that he was that easy to defeat
And Del Rio’s feat could be as low as Above Average human, your point?

I literally just said that doesn't mean he's the overall strongest. He's one of the strongest, but not the strongest.
You just called him
pound for pound, the strongest wrestler in the WWE
And also even being “One of” the strongest would still be grounds for Class 25, if you actually believe Cesaro to be on the level those statements would put him at. Otherwise, stop applying Top-Tier statements to Mid-Tiers to try and prove they can dominate Low-Tiers

Last edited:
And Del Rio’s feat could be as low as Above Average human, your point?
But it's ******* not? Plus, there are no statements shown that Brodus and Tensai are Class 5 other than they're big, so they likely use their LS to beat their opponents. Saying the Del Rio table feat is only Above Average Human is massive downplay.

You just called him
The commentators did. Not me.

And also even being “One of” the strongest would still be grounds for Class 25, if you actually believe Cesaro to be on the level those statements would put him at. Otherwise, stop applying Top-Tier statements to Mid-Tiers to try and prove they can dominate Low-Tiers
Let me ask you this: Who would you take more seriously? A person who's pound for pound, the strongest in a company, or a person who's legitimately called the World's Strongest Man, with legitimate feats of strength to prove that statement? Exactly.

Cesaro is not, and I repeat, not on the level of people like Brock Lesnar, Big Show, Mark Henry, Braun Strowman, etc., but he (along with people comparable) should be able to hold their own.

I wasn't applying Top-Tier statements to Mid-Tiers. That was a statement made to a Mid-Tier wrestler. Some Mid-Tiers can dominate Low-Tiers in LS. Finn Balor literally can't even lift Bobby Lashley without turning to The Demon, which is like, what, barely Athletic Human? Meanwhile Mid Tiers can lift those kind of weights on their worse day, and they have many feats/statements that prove that.

Stop downplaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back