• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Priscilla's Lifehunt ability. Just what is it exactly?

Alright, guess I'm finally getting to this. Here we're hopefully gonna finish up the last littlest bit from this thread for which the title is named. First up, facts:

• The Gods of Dark Souls feared Lifehunt and Priscilla enough to permenantly imprison her in basically a pocket dimention. Painted World of Ariamis
  • The Scythe deals the most bleed damage of any weapon in the game.
  • In the hands of a mortal the Scythe's power turns upon the wielder and causes them bleed damage. It does not do this to Priscilla however. Lifehunt Scythe
Secondly, possiblities:

• Blood Manipulation - It's a fact that mortals and gods bleed alot more and die quicker when hit with this weapon. Personally I don't think Blood manip is quite right.
  • Regenerationn Negation - This was my choice. I think the Scythe stops the bodies natural healing process temporarily where slashed causing damage to more leathal for normally immortal beings. This could also be some form of Biological Manipulation.
  • Power Absorption - Now this might seem crazy, but I found this possiblity on a reddit thread the other day and it was proposed that Priscilla, at her full potential could leech power from the Gods with Lifehunt. There's not much more then that, but it's at least food for thought.
Anyway, let the discussion begin.

All things considered, it must be some form of negation. Blood loss, unlike poison, instantly does a percentage of damage to people. I think that whatever ability we decide to give this thing, it should have the secondary ability of durability negation.

Personally leaning towards biological manip.

It also might explain why it deals damage to you. Originally maybe it was supposed to heal, but since it turns against you it deals damage instead.

Good to see this thread was finally made. I'm going to wait a bit to comment (it's late where I live and I want to see other opinions before I say mine; mostly because it's currently a tie between blood and life manipulation for me).

The spell of the same name in DS3 steals health, but given that weapons like Server are a thing in Ds1, that the life hunt scythe doesn't steal life is a point against it just being life steal I'd think.

Execpt it's possible the Chosen Undead isn't capable of wielding the Scythe's, for lack of a better term, true power seeing as they are damaged just by holding it. The Spell could just be the refined/perfect version.

I can see it being life manip. The life stolen by the scythe isn't given to the wielder, only taken away from the victim. The physical scythe is probably too much for the Chosen Undead to handle, it's a scythe the Gods were afraid of anyway, so I'm assuming they can't hold it too.

The spell is most likely a dumbed down version of the original, one meant to be used briefly so as to not harm the user.

@Monarch To be fair, the power might have simply changed function with Aldrich. There's a few possible explanations as to why this might be, but none super relevant. Same for Chosen Undead or Ashen One. It could well be Priscilla is the only one with the real Lifesteal.

Biological manip and blood manip in tandem work best for me. It's clear that it targets the physiology of the creature to me, since it only has these ill effects in the hands of a mortal. And upon doing so it then causes immense bleeding. So these work.

Does Priscilla heal when she hits you? The DS3 spell functions as a steal, but in DS1 it's just a super heavy bleed. Bio/Blood seems fine for the DS1 as of now.

Well the miracle in DS3 of the same named ability has description like this.

"Miracle of Aldrich, Devourer of Gods.

Steals HP of foes using an illusory scythe.

Aldrich dreamt as he slowly devoured the God of the Darkmoon. In this dream, he perceived the form of a young, pale girl in hiding."

Which is directly referencing Priscilla.

Yes. We know it directly references Priscilla and that's where he got it from.

clearly it was referring to Yorshka

Fine with Blood/Bio Manip, though the spell functions as Life Steal so there's that.

Yorshka's clearly just Priscilla aged down.

It's possible Priscilla didn't use the Lifehunt on the Chosen Undead. Might be a bit of a stretch though.

I was planning on making a page for the scythe itself and including that there. It doesn't turn on Priscilla so I wouldn't mention it on her profile.

What do we still got in contention tho

I wouldn't, no.

Probably not without context, no. Some of it just probably causes lacerations better than normal. I wouldn't call it supernatural.

Back