• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible scaling issue with Gon, Killua, and Razor

UchihaSlayer96

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I just Noticed that Gon's 8-A rating is obtained via scaling to Razor, which is fine since Gon's Rock definitely scales to Razor, Bisky, and Hisoka. The problem is that Razor, and the rest of the aforementioned characters, are 8-A+. So my question is there a reason for this or was it just overlooked?

This would also scale to Kanmaru Killua, which makes sense considering he can damage Royal guards and is okay with the idea of fighting Illumi.

So what's the correct action here? Or am I missing something lol?

It also makes sense considering he was going to one shot Morel who's 8-A

I agree Gon's Jajanken should scale to "+" and Killua is another case entirely.

He caused Youpi to feel pain through electricity and killed the clones of a vastly weaker Pouf. Scaling to Illumi should be fine though.

I really think AP needs a lot of clarification. Is "+" even warranted in the first place? Which feats and calcs are we using?

We need to dig up those old AP discussions.

I believe it was from the HxH downgrade thread, but I am mainly concerned with the scaling chain not the values themselves if you know what I'm saying.

Anyway what should we do?

Just gather any calcs and what not. I know Uvogin has one and Bonolenov does too but we scale most of the Troupe off of Kortopi's ability to create at least 50 large buildings in an instant with Conjuration. A feat that baffled Kurapika.

I agree with your scaling chain btw.

EmperorRorepme said:
Just gather any calcs and what not. I know Uvogin has one and Bonolenov does too but we scale most of the Troupe off of Kortopi's ability to create at least 50 large buildings in an instant with Conjuration. A feat that baffled Kurapika.

I agree with your scaling chain btw.
Alright then I'll gather all the relevant accepted calcs I can find, but I'll probably do it tomorrow as I am currently studying for an exam.

Oh and thank you for the quick reply. I know I've made a bunch of HxH CRTs back to back but I just keep noticing weird inconsistencies in the profiles so it can't be helped.

Well, Killua didn't exactly damage Youpi and he only killed vastly weaker clones of Pouf, but yeah I also agree that he should be 8-A+ in Kanmuru since he was fine with the idea of fighting Illumi in the Hunter Election Arc.

Also yeah I probably should have changed Gon's to 8-A+ since I changed Razor to 8-A+. My justification was that he is probably the strongest Emitter shown in the series (likely above even Franklin) and that the other Troupe members (including Phinks who is 8-A+ via scaling to Uvogin) decided not to fight him and leave.

BTW if they aren't already, Franklin, Feitan, and Machi should be 8-A+ as well since they are physically stronger than Chrollo.

In addition Razor was praised by Bisky and Hisoka, and iirc managed to hurt Hisoka slightly and make him bleed. Razor is a beast honestly

We probably need an entire thread to properly evaluate the scaling chain. Who is 8-A+, who is High Hypersonic+, etc. If you do make one, let me know, because I want to settle this as well.

The current calcs we have are Uvogin's Big Bang Impact and Bonolenov's Jupiter. Jupiter is fine but Uvo's BBI was done pretty casually, so his AP is likely even higher than what is currently on his profile. Kortopi's 50 building feat is used for scaling but wasn't calced.

Also I personally think Zeno Zoldyck should be Low 7-C. He regularly sparred with Netero and has gone up against his 100-Type Guanyin Bodhisattva since he clearly knows what it is, and Pitou was almost shaking with excitement at the thought of fighting him. The problem is that it might mess up the scaling chain.

I personally don't think Zeno exerted himself that much against Chrollo considering his future feats against Pitou. Zeno himself has experienced Netero's Hatsu and its effect of slowing down the perception of time.

Pitou very much wanted to fight him and her En and the Nen Dragon clashed evenly. Silva was unwavering the entire time until he met with The King.

Zeno tanked the brunt of Silva's Hatsu as well with minor damage.

that's true, but he did imply that if Chrollo was fighting to kill it might be a troublesome fight. But I would give Zeno the advantage overall, and I don't think Chrollo can win without prep. Though again he did fight 2v1, so it's gotta be worth something.

Also Chrollo tanked Silva's Hatsu as well. And tbh I don't see the Zoldycks holding back while on the job, so it's very likely they were taking Chrollo seriously.

The problem is that a lot of characters scale to Chrollo directly and Indirectly, so itll create a mess

We don't really know what he meant by that though. Zeno had analysed that Chrollo had a book with various stolen Nen abilities. He could be talking about how troublesome it would be to fight someone who can use possibly dozens of abilities. Does this means he scales to Zeno's full physical potential? I doubt it.

Chrollo himself said that Zeno's Gyo would be extremely hard or next to impossible for him to block. Zeno himself wasn't actually trying to kill Chrollo because Illumi was disposing of the Dons which both Silva and Zeno knew about.

The fight is literally Chrollo running away from Dragon Lance then getting caught because he lost concentration for an instant, then Zeno pins him and Silva launches his energy orbs.

Dragon Lance is not an AP based attack it's more an attack for capturing.

Also we can make arguments for and against the Troupe members scaling to Chrollo honestly.

That's all true, But Chrollo did tank many punches from Zeno, and Silva's Hatsu. Now Can Chrollo tank the Golden dragon Head or Dragon Dive? Probably not tbh, but I don't think he's so much weaker as not to scale at all.

I do agree however that most Troupe members would not scale.

Also, yes they did know about Illumi's contract, but if they had no intention to kill Chrollo why would they fight him in the first place? And why would they ONLY stop once Illumi essentially negated their contract with the Dons by killing them. I think their professionalism should be taken at face value imo

Well let's see:

Chrollo is forced to dodge Zeno's strikes, one nicks him and gives him a scratch

One of Silva's punches causes Chrollo to go flying and cracks his arm

Following from the scene above, Zeno's Aura Blast gives Chrollo various minor injuries

With a Ben's Knife he can harm Silva, giving him deep wounds

Zeno definitely isn't serious when he says this since he knows what Illumi is doing

Chrollo says Zeno's Ko is too much for him

Chrollo runs away from Dragon Lance then gets caught...

Zeno strikes him multiple times and tells Silva to throw his Hatsu

Note: Zeno did not use Gyo or Ko at all when punching Chrollo

Both of them tank the Hatsu with minor injuries though Zeno took the brunt of it since it was aimed at his back

They all scale in speed. Coupled with Zeno saying this.

Chrollo scales to Silva here but Silva has a physical edge with one of his punches cracking Chrollo's bones and sending him several meters away.

Chrollo states he does not have adequate defences for Zeno's Gyo/Ko.

Chrollo scales to a Zeno using either Ten or Ren and throwing causal punches to pin him but not to a Gyo/Ko strike. Zeno's Dragons are more powerful than his Gyo and he can release a ton more aura then we saw against Chrollo.

I don't think Zeno at all was serious here in this fight.

As soon as their Nen came into contact. Both Zeno and Pitou knew the opponents power instantly. This caused Pitou to go into full battle mode, concentrating all of her aura to just fight Zeno. As we can see they both sense each-other and are actually excited at the prospect of fighting each-other seen through the smile they share.

Zeno's whole commentary: Was talking about his relationship and experience with Netero and heavily implies they've fought before but Zeno always loses because of the 100-Type Guanyin Bodhisattva.

Him and Netero were treated as equals in reaction speed.

So I think Chrollo scales to Silva and a casual Zeno rather then a serious Zeno we saw against Pitou.

That's fair. I do agree that he's weaker btw. All I was saying is that he's definitely in the same ballpark of strength and skill. Though I don't buy into the Zoldycks holding back too much here as it would make the whole fight kind of pointless tbh. I definitely agree that Zeno in particular was not going all out.

Perhaps if Zeno is upgraded to Low 7-C , we can have Chrollo and Silva be At Least 8-A+ Likely Higher ?

Honestly the whole thing was pointless because Illumi was going to kill the Dons anyway. I would say Silva wasn't holding back much whilst Zeno was.

I don't know that would depend on how we scale Chrollo to the other members of the Phantom Troupe or how high we can get the members of the Troupe based on their own feats and scaling.

A good place to start would probably be the Kortopi calc. Uvo's feat is super casual so I don't think it should be used tbh

Imo people who should scale to Chrollo probably are:

Hisoka( obviously)

Uvogin as he is the strongest member physically.

Phinks as he also ranks above Chrollo physically and seems to be a Raw power type as well.

Maybe Feitan? Maybe.

Possibly Machi, but there's not much to go on with her.

I think that's it tbh.

EmperorRorepme said:
Yeah true. I'll probably look into it more later. The 2011 anime makes Uvogin's feat much more impressive I think.
Is it considered canon here? If so that would be awesome because it did look a lot more impressive and the crater was considerably larger I think. Also I think the anime version would be considered vaporization which would probably yield a pretty decent result. Would be funny if it ends up being low 7-C lol

I'm not sure. Normally we take the manga as primary canon since it is the source material whilst the anime would be secondary/supporting canon.

Hisoka beats Chrollo in hand to hand combat. Uvogin and Phinks are both Master Enhancers with Uvogin constantly stating things like "only master Enhancers can block my blows" which implies Phinks. Although what annoys me about him is his fight against that Chimera Ant Officer in which he apparently couldn't damage him with his normal attacks and resorted to Hatsu.

Rusty Feitan scales to a Squadron Leader who are 8-A. I don't know if he should scale nothing suggests it really besides the arm wrestling rankings.

Same with Machi to be honest unless we're going off arm wrestling rankings.

Arm wrestling rankings can be disputed honestly for example Franklin who is 4th on the list spar and fight with Nobunaga who is 8th on the list.

EmperorRorepme said:
I'm not sure. Normally we take the manga as primary canon since it is the source material whilst the anime would be secondary/supporting canon.
I wonder if it'll be accepted to calc from the anime. If so we may possibly have an upgrade on our hands, which would be pretty sweet

EmperorRorepme said:
Hisoka beats Chrollo in hand to hand combat. Uvogin and Phinks are both Master Enhancers with Uvogin constantly stating things like "only master Enhancers can block my blows" which implies Phinks. Although what annoys me about him is his fight against that Chimera Ant Officer in which he apparently couldn't damage him with his normal attacks and resorted to Hatsu.

Rusty Feitan scales to a Squadron Leader who are 8-A. I don't know if he should scale nothing suggests it really besides the arm wrestling rankings.

Same with Machi to be honest unless we're going off arm wrestling rankings.

Arm wrestling rankings can be disputed honestly for example Franklin who is 4th on the list spar and fight with Nobunaga who is 8th on the list.
The arm wrestling rankings probably only indicate physical strength, but there's a lot of other aspects it doesn't cover such as speed and Nen.

The chimera ant fight is pretty tricky, one minute they seem struggling and the next they low diff them.

Yup. Huge crater and vaporization of stone. I'm not good with calcs but I'm certain it'll yield something impressive. At least 8-A or higher probably

Since y'all scaling HxH again, can I link some of my friend's calcs? Though he's done them in different app/site but you can just use a browser to see them.

Torein said:
Since y'all scaling HxH again, can I link some of my friend's calcs? Though he's done them in different app/site but you can just use a browser to see them.
I think that might be helpful

No problem. I don't think it would be tbh since it was noted his best asset is his speed. But that needs to be discussed with people here.

Back