• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible resistance to sealing/BFR for thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet?

so i remember reading the infinity war gauntlet story (comic book version) and i this caught my eye.

tumblr_mji48t0DIC1rvm5qqo2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mji48t0DIC1rvm5qqo3_r1_1280.jpg

so what happened was. Cloak tried to seal/BFR thanos inside of his body. (From cloaks profile BFR and Fear Manipulation (Can send someone into the dimension inside his cape and show them their worst nightmares[10])

Though i wonder if it also counts as sealing too (that's another topic to discuss though)

anyway unfortunately thanos had the IG on and he busted out of Cloak basically and killed him.

Thanos even says: "SUPREMACY CANNOT BE IMPRISONED"

i just wonder if this is evidence that he cannot be sealed/BFR'D when he has the Infinity Gauntlet on.

Infinity Gauntlet #5

Sure. Seems uncontroversial

A teacher or someone actually gave me 1-6 infinity gauntlet i had to say it was fun reading it.

I'm curious why no one noticed this resistance to sealing/bfr for thanos.

Also confluctor should i make a separate content revision thread for cloak.

Cause does the BFR count as sealing as well (from what i mentioned in the OP)?

also do you think thanos had resistance to fear manipulation with/without the IG too (since he was in cloaks dimension)

or there is no evidence to support that?

(i'm not going to bring this up too much since that's not the main point of this OP thread)

you think that just like the separate content revision for cloak. (it should be in a separate revision assuming he does have resistance to fear manipulation?)

A teacher or someone actually gave me 1-6 infinity gauntlet i had to say it was fun reading it.
One of my favourites too

I'm curious why no one noticed this resistance to sealing/bfr for thanos.
i was actually planning a full rehaul of thanos, warlock, and infinity gauntlet

Also confluctor should i make a separate content revision thread for cloak.
should be fine here

Cause does the BFR count as sealing as well (from what i mentioned in the OP)?
yeah

also do you think thanos had resistance to fear manipulation with/without the IG too (since he was in cloaks dimension)
thanos does. he has many feats and resistances which no one has added.

One of my favourites too

should be fine here

yeah

okay so it's fine to discuss similar things that need to revised which the OP did not mention as long as it does not derail too much?

If it's a big one, I would usually try to do it separately unless they depend on one another

you mean like how i said sealing/bfr resistance to thanos

and since cloak does not have sealing on his profile but since the OP focuses on thanos.

so cloak can be revised too even though the OP focused on thanos.

something like that?

Regarding the OP, suggestion is fine, although the way its framed seems more like a Sealing resist, since a BFR resist kinda wouldn't have you be teleported in the first placw

looks like cloaks profile needs to be edited too cause it just says bfr and fear manipulation.

there's no sealing anywhere on the profile

One of my favourites too

should be fine here

yeah

just how many resistances does thanos have?

i mean i've seen many characters with ridiculous amounts of resistances but those are mostly anime characters

which comic book character has the most ridiculous amount of resistances?

just how many resistances does thanos have?
A lot. in base form, he also has resistance to fate and death hax on an extremely high tier. I need to add that soon.

which comic book character has the most ridiculous amount of resistances?
hard to say ngl. But I think thanos has some really strong hax resistance. fate manip, death manip, madness hax, conceptual hax, etc, etc. So many missing.

A lot. in base form, he also has resistance to fate and death hax on an extremely high tier. I need to add that soon.

hard to say ngl. But I think thanos has some really strong hax resistance. fate manip, death manip, madness hax, conceptual hax, etc, etc. So many missing.

can he resist 4d dimensional hax or are there instances where he's resisted hax that is above 3d/4d or whatever.

although i quickly found this confluctor

Prior to Thanos arrival, Black Bolt powered the Terigenisis bomb with his voice. Maximus claimed that Black Bolt's powers were greatly diminished, calling him half a man. Meaning, when BB faced Thanos, his powers were half what they normally would have been. This is the only battle BB has ever lost, one on one, in a straight up fight. And Black Bolt was fighting with a severe handicap. If you're going to use this fight as a measuring stick against BB, make sure you have your story straight. Thanos beat a BB who was only operating at 50% capacity.

so does it still count as resistance to sound manipulation even though black bolt was depowered because of that bomb?

Yes. But not on the usual level of Black bolt. Although it's more of durability thing too but eh

should we put a note saying that keep in mind blackbolt wasn't at his most powerful/he was depowered.

just curious even if i didn't bring this up

did you know that black bolt was depowered by that bomb and stuff before he fought thanos?

I will unlock the page then. Tell me here when you are done.

Back