• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Darkest Dungeon Additions

Hi there folks, this is my second time ever doing a CRT so keep with me here. But I was looking at the profiles for DD and some stuff could possibly be added.

Hax Additions for Leper

Statistics Reduction - Via Intimidate, the move directly lowers his target's DMG output so therefore it could lower the opponent's AP. Not sure about speed tho it does lower that stat in game so I'd assume it carries over.

Fear Manipulation - Via Intimidate, I assume the name isn't hyperbole here but correct me if I'm wrong.

Negation of Stealth Mastery - Intimidate bypasses/ignores Stealth being used by the enemy therefore it could reveal opponents who try to hide in the enviroment.

Aura - Via Revenge, when used Leper visibly produces a glowing red aura around himself as shown here

Air Manipulation - Via Purge as Leper produces a large gust of wind near the target with the attack and causes Knockback in 3 spaces as well to its target.

Hax Additions for Highwayman

Statistics Amplification -
Via Tracking Shot, like Intimidate this move buffs HWM's DMG output so therefore it should it not increase his AP?

Negation of Stealth Mastery - Tracking Shot removes Stealth buffs on targets therefore it should cancel/remove attempts of the opponent trying to hide and or trying to use illusions?

Danmaku - Via Grapeshot Blast where HWM can lay out a large volume and barrage of fire at the enemy ranks.

Acrobatics - HWM is described by the Narrator as "Elusive, evasive, persistent" and can move through the team ranks via Duellist's Advance

That's all I can think of atm, if anyone suggests anything down the thread I'll be sure to get it up in the OP here thanks

Cheers, I'm gonna hold and see if anyone comments more here. Spoke on Discord about the stealth stuff and it might or might not also include stuff like negate invisibility.

I'm fine with everything but fearhax, that would need some evidence instead of just "well, it's on the name".

Fair enough, looking back at it the Ancestor should actually have resist to Emphatic Manip. This would stem from the Siren boss fight where the Heroes can be tempted over to her side and yell things like "I fight for my Queen." among other things, but yet they can resist this. Ancestor is above the heroes so he should be able to resist this

Leper Additions
  • Statistics Reduction: Seems fine.
  • Fear Manip: Seems more like Social Influencing. Makes sense, Leper is a scary bastard.
  • Stealth Negation: I suppose? Weird ability to apply to VS Battles but I mean yeah, that is what "Bypass Stealth" things do.
  • Aura: Fine.
  • Air Manipulation: I suppose this is fine, yeah.
Highwayman Additions
  • Tracking Shot: Iffy. The name implies one of two things. Could be outright Homing Attack (all of the buffs it gives would make sense) or it could just be the Highwayman taking the time to aim better. E.g., instead of shooting where the enemy is, shoots where they will be. If the latter I'd argue it doesn't apply for any actual ability, and the stat amping aspect of it seems more like game mechanics to portray a non-ability.
  • Negation of Stealth: Same answer as Leper.
  • Danmaku: I suppose Grapeshot counts?
  • Acrobatics: This one is iffy to me, but I can see where you're coming from. Consider me neutral.

Yeah I really have no clue what the bypass stealth might be, I'm gonna look at the enemy list cause there might be some mention of invisibility or smth. Though considering you can get past stealth via AOE attacks it might not be.

For Danmaku iirc we've had people get it via them having a bunch of throwing knives like Netflix Trevor Belmont so a mass volume of grapeshots could also count I guess?

Acrobatics should say HWM also has a camp skill called Unparalleled Finesse that does buff HWM's dodge, so would that offer more proof of this ability?

Was wondering would we count Ripostes as a form of Attack Reflection? Cause HWM has a Riposte after he's done Duellist's Advance iirc

I mean Leper having Social Influence can work he's a former king and a poet after all lol.

Btw shouldn't Ancestor resist Emphatic Manip via being far above the Siren?

Yeah I dunno.

Danmaku is fine, it's just a weird application of it.

Sure, that could work, I guess.

Riposte isn't attack reflection. It's just setting up counter-attacks.

Aye.

Eh... probably? But I don't think we have any confirmation on that. The resistance thing, not being above the Siren.

I mean the Empath Resist for Ancestor was me thinking its cause the heroes can resist her attempts and Ancestor is way above the heroes in terms of his resists, though yeah it'd have helped if we had more confirmation.

On the topic of the Siren wouldn't she also be creating an Illusion there when she tempts the heroes considering she takes on a more attractive form towards them? That could also count as a Resist against Illusion creation for the heroes?

I'd consider it Perception Manipulation rather than Illusion Creation.

Mhm fair enough lol, that could count as a resist at any rate though? Granted they get their perception of the siren affected but they don't fall for it assuming they resist.

Ehhh. The Siren appears as she does regardless if you resist the mind-controlling effects. I'd say they don't actively resist it, no.

Aight then I'm trying to think of anything else we can discuss and possibly add atm but guess to sum up what we can add is

Leper getting Aura, Air Manip, Stat Reduction, Social Influence.

Highwayman getting Danmaku and Acrobatics.

We'll leave the whole Stealth aspect atm I guess?

For now, yeah, since I really don't have an alternative to describe it within the confines of VSBW.

Back