• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Annihilus upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone more knowledgable on Marvel power scaling can see if the AP stuff is legit. As for the powers and abilities:

Resistance to Magic seems fine, as does resistance to mind manipulation (assuming that before that panel, Annihilus was indeed mindhaxed. Could be clarified). Resurrection also seems fine, assuming context points to that being the case.

Resistance to air manipulation is just him being strong enough to withstand the force of a hurricane, Animal Manipulation just seems like summoning rather than being able to control animals around him, resistance to Reality Warping just seems like his own Reality Warping used as a counter, soul manipulation looks like Life Manipulation and Absorption. While he might have had time and space manipulation, context points to it being very shortlived, so I don't think I'll accept that.

GyroNutz said:
Someone more knowledgable on Marvel power scaling can see if the AP stuff is legit. As for the powers and abilities:
Resistance to Magic seems fine, as does resistance to mind manipulation (assuming that before that panel, Annihilus was indeed mindhaxed. Could be clarified). Resurrection also seems fine, assuming context points to that being the case.

Resistance to air manipulation is just him being strong enough to withstand the force of a hurricane, Animal Manipulation just seems like summoning rather than being able to control animals around him, resistance to Reality Warping just seems like his own Reality Warping used as a counter, soul manipulation looks like Life Manipulation and Absorption. While he might have had time and space manipulation, context points to it being very shortlived, so I don't think I'll accept that.
I see, thanks!

I'll look more into it, but from memory he isn't consistently shown to be Tier 2 over Tier 4 enough to warrant a solid upgrade. But as I said I'll look more into jt.

Looking through the scans, I got no comment on the AP given Marvel's inconsistencies though I think he has multiple keys. But as for the various powers and abilities, I have pretty much the same thoughts as GyroNutz.

For the AP stuff:

• Those scans don't give any context on the time when he said he did tap into his power, and what power level it granted him
  • Draining a minute part of Odin's life energy while Odin is sleeping doesn't mean anything
  • Annihilus is saying he wants time travel and that he'll be powerful with it, doesn't mean anything AP-wise
  • Those Annihilation files don't refer to things like universe-busting. They mean that the person on the file is a threat on that scale, as in they can go all over the universe and kill everything. Those two have universal scaling back them, but the Annihilation Wave definitely does not.
  • See above. Annihilus was going all over the universe with his Wave and killing stuff.
  • That doesn't scale to Annihilus, it scales to Adam's pre-Tribunal form turned into a weapon
  • The statement about Oblivion doesn't mean anything
Overall, nothing here makes me think the AP should be changed.

For the abilities:

• The air resistance is just normal durability
  • Mind resistance scan has no mind attack shown, just imprisonment in an energy field
  • Spacetime needs the page after for context, because the scans shown imply Annihilus didn't know how to control the Rod's new spacetime properties and messed up
The others are tentatively okay without further context.

Wouldn't that be 2-A via Technology?

Besides that, should I add the fixed powers and abilities?

Antvasima said:
POTM's analysis is probably fine.
I would prefer if somebody experienced handles the edits though.

Roachman40 said:

that weapons was only used in that single story line and it was through very specific actions

which involved useing adam warlock as he consumed a part of the living tribunals form which doesn't really happen often

Sir sun man said:
Roachman40 said:
that weapons was only used in that single story line and it was through very specific actions
which involved useing adam warlock as he consumed a part of the living tribunals form which doesn't really happen often
Adam Warlock has been shown to fight Tier: 2 Characters multiple times, for example. fought Mephisto more than once, and withstood Mephistos Hellfire Ash, Annihilus even Restrained him (although it felt like an outlier). Also, 'Annihilation' was an important comic, and changed many characters storyline wise, showing it is somewhat consistent.

You can ask POTM to comment here again via his message wall.

Roachman40 said:
Adam Warlock has been shown to fight Tier: 2 Characters multiple times, for example. fought Mephisto more than once, and withstood Mephistos Hellfire Ash, Annihilus even Restrained him (although it felt like an outlier). Also, 'Annihilation' was an important comic, and changed many characters storyline wise, showing it is somewhat consistent.
yes adam is tier 2 (with his hax) but at that time he has absorbed a portion of the living tribunals power aka not adams normal power level and he was in a bit of a coma because of it so he couldn't fight back

and thats not adam warlock annihilus is restraining thats Quasar

@Roach

It's not part of any of Annihilus' standard tech. It was a single storyline, dependent on using another character as a weapon, and potentially non-canon to 616 in the first place.

Sir sun man said:
Roachman40 said:
yes adam is tier 2 (with his hax) but at that time he has absorbed a portion of the living tribunals power aka not adams normal power level and he was in a bit of a coma because of it so he couldn't fight back
and thats not adam warlock annihilus is restraining thats Quasar
Oh. I did not know that, thanks!

Okay. Roachman has a history of unprofessional edits though. Would somebody experienced be willing to handle it instead?

What is supposed to be added here in summary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back