• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Addition to Versus Thread Rules

Brought up here, we have discussed if battle conditions such as the one presented by the OP should be allowed. Where one character is granted an extreme advantage for the sake of "making the fight even".

(fight starts with cancer already in raphtalia´s body.)

I believe it shouldn't, because adding a battle like this to profiles can be misleading, as it misrepresents a character true potential and goes beyond slight things like changing the battlefield to better suit one character, or even starting in melee range.

An example given by DnW0 (Who is also against this): "It's like saying [insert character] vs Sword. Sword starts in [insert character]'s heart or face."

My own example: "Imagine Goku Vs. Kaguya, but Goku starts off with an Ash Bone or Truth Seeking Ball already in his chest. That's the kind of battle this is."

Agree: Overlord775, Necromercer, Oblivion Of The Endless, The Calaca, TheMonsterOfTheAbyss, Elizhaa, LordGriffin1000,Bob8999, Spinoirr, Antvasima, XSOULOFCINDERX (11)

Disagree: Imaginym

Neutral:

I agree. That's a stupid decision. Such handicaps shouldn't be allowed in the notable win/loss section.

I didn't know we even allowed handicaps like that!... I agree that this shouldn't be allowed but I thought this was commen knowledge.

Shouldn't such conditions just be noted in the results listing if & when those matches are added to profiles? Characters aren't always at their strongest ever, hence having keys & optional equipment.

Also, if this is specifically regarding extreme advantages, then I think that asks the question of what is "extreme".

i agree with the general concept and i only made my thread for the lols, but if its gonna be a new rule i think it needs to be more specific, otherwise there will be arguments over what counts as "extreme".

Well, my wording in the OP was just explaining the situation.

That's not how I think we should word the rule.

@Imaginym

So you believe battles with these kinds of handicaps should be allowed to be added on profiles?

I wanted to ask would these type of matches like Sora vs King (1-4-0) count too regarding the proposed rule because the situation is unfair to a character since one is a basically beginner on the chosen debate topic while the other characters is an expert or closed to one, YungManzi?

I am asking this question because I was thinking of making a thread to deal with the kind of match.

I asked the question because the topic for a thread that I want to do in the future looks to overlap so I don't want a repeat. Assuming, I get no answer, I will just make the thread later preferably tomorrow.

I think equipment restriction is the only restriction the OP is allowed to give, and not these scenarios.

Though that means alotta Plague Inc and Cells at Work matches have to be removed

^^

I think equipment restriction is valid. I think these verse matches would have be removed, yeah, @Zark2099.

There is quite a difference between giving a scenario that allows a character/their abilities to be used at all, and literally starting with a sword in your chest.

Some characters, such as King, fight in different ways. Sora vs King? I fail to see how that's unfair, and if anything, I would of thought Sora would of won, given his genius intelligence with figuring out games. Like, that thread was just poorly debated due to lack of NGNL supporters.

I generally agree to the changes, but I do not think that Sora vs King battle would qualify. Cells At Work battles, on the other hand... If Raph stats with a disease in her body, the hell is she suppose to do? Become a qualified cancer doctor?

It's okay to give one character conditions that allow them to use their abilities properly, but not if it stops the other from being able to use theirs as well.

I guess your points make sense, Moritzva. If I made thread, I will used your bolden points work a good basic for a rule.

YungManzi said:
@Imaginym
So you believe battles with these kinds of handicaps should be allowed to be added on profiles?
Only if that's how we've been intentionally doing it, previously & with notes of the useage.

Elizhaa said:
I guess your points make sense, Moritzva. If I made thread, I will used your bolden points work a good basic for a rule.
I would appreciate it if you were to link me to such a thread.

I agree as I kinda do this

If its too much In ones favor I give the other one prep and limited info on the for

(Like ruby rose vs overhaul and how she had prep and knew his qurik)

Sure, like we know Goku is not going to let loose if you purposefully stage a battle in a way where ordinary people will be in harms way. But then again Central Park isnt exactly the most neutral environment for default location, which I think the idea should be scrapped.

Crzer07 said:
Sure, like we know Goku is not going to let loose if you purposefully stage a battle in a way where ordinary people will be in harms way. But then again Central Park isnt exactly the most neutral environment for default location, which I think the idea should be scrapped.
Fairly sure it's written that it is assumed there are no bystanders in SBA, for specifically this reason.

Like the character only wants to kill the dude we are making them fight type of deal. Where they are in character, just want to kill the foe and not caring about the bystanders

Elizhaa said:
I wanted to ask would these type of matches like Sora vs King (1-4-0) count too regarding the proposed rule because the situation is unfair to a character since one is a basically beginner on the chosen debate topic while the other characters is an expert or closed to one, YungManzi?
I am asking this question because I was thinking of making a thread to deal with the kind of match.
I mean, I don't think so. But maybe. Considering its a verteran vs someone who hasn't played the game before.

I think this should be only applied within reason. Viruses or diseases are going to need to be inside people as that is where they would want to be for their main abilities to activate. Comparing it to a sword starting in someone is a false equivalency as that is what would end most fights by itself. Raph vs Cancer might be a stomp but that doesn't mean we should handicap all Cancer- like characters for one bad thread.

I think any match where a character needs to start off already affecting another character (i.e. Goku starting off with a tsb in his chest or Raph starting off with a deadly disease inside of her) for them to have a win condition, is just plain a mismatch.

I'm not saying we should ban the matches, but they definitely shouldn't be added onto profiles.

I can't think of a scenario where it would be appropriate to add such a match.

A mismatch is different from a stomp imo.

Mismatch = the characters are combatively incompatible.

I also agree that too great artificial advantages lead to misleading results, and shouldn't be listed.

Back