• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Poong Sae-Young vs Kirito (Aincrad)

Two gamers go against each other

music: we didn't start the fire

Poong's Profile

Kirito's Profile

rules:

High 8-C versions for both

speed equalized

Knowledge of each other

win via incap (i mean they could be friends and this is a game, it's not like there's going to be bloodshed)

Edit: It’s really unfair in poongs favor if incap. So fight to death or BFR version of incap

In-character for poong. bloodlust for kirito.

Warehouse should be the location (to be fair, it's one with lots of hiding places and they can't see each other)

Last edited:
Poong would start with Pocket Realm and BFR which can weaken a target a lot. Likewise, she should have a gamer body that pretty much grants her Low-Mid regeneration which should be handled what Kirito throws at her. The stats boost and debuffs should help her defeat Kirito in the long run, in the Pocket realm if he can't out properly.
Does Kirito got a teleportation feat of getting off a Pocket Realm like Poong's? From what I recall, to be gone from such pocket realm required destroying it, the creator to stop it, or defeat the creator?

Poong would start with Pocket Realm and BFR which can weaken a target a lot. Likewise, she should have a gamer body that pretty much grants her Low-Mid regeneration which should be handled what Kirito throws at her. The stats boost and debuffs should help her defeat Kirito in the long run, in the Pocket realm if he can't out properly.
Does Kirito got a teleportation feat of getting off a Pocket Realm like Poong's? From what I recall, to be gone from such pocket realm required destroying it, the creator to stop it, or defeat the creator?

well kirito can generate shockwaves which could count as a form of range.

i remember from a previous thread on a yang vs kirito one. that someone showed how his bfr works.

also (if i don't put any ft apart in the op. do we assume standard melee range?) (what your saying seems a bit fair so i don't need to put in (insert ft ft apart) to make things more even)

here's how his bfr works

"In the LN, he BFR'd Rosalia rather than just simply threatening her. He opened up a Corridor Crystal beforehand and then threw her into the portal."

"In general crystals can be activated through either one of two methods. The first method is to physically tap on the crystal and select the Use (使用, Shiyou?) button from a pop-up window. Alternatively, the player may activate the crystals through voice commands while holding the crystal in one of their hands. When the user desires to use the crystal on another player, they must physically touch the player with their other hand when activating the crystal; otherwise, the effects of the crystal are applied to the user themselves by default."

I'm just going to list off their stats right now

Poong:
  • Higher AP (3.7-5.3 tons compared to Kirito's above 2 ton baseline)
  • BFR and Stat effect/power null (Pretty much reduces Kirito's speed and strength by 50% and 30% respectively)
  • Stat amps to basically everything she has
  • Weather/wind manip (idk her character that much so idk what those can really do)
  • Low-Mid regen
Kirito:
  • Likely higher skill (idk how skilled Poong is but Kirito's entire thing is his swordsmanship so yeah)
  • Health crystals (can heal himself back to full HP but idk how many he has)
  • Infinite stamina
  • Stat amps but they stun him after use
  • Shockwaves so that he can keep range at least initially
Poong seemingly has Kirito beat in terms of raw physicals but Kirito may be able to use his items and skills effectively.

Last edited:

elizhaa what do you think of abaddons pros?

Kirito's status effect inducement via sword skills sounds like it might be able to counter her speed amps if he's lucky enough, but Poong's regen is really bad for Kirito considering he's already going to not be doing much damage with his regular attacks.

Kirito's status effect inducement via sword skills sounds like it might be able to counter her speed amps if he's lucky enough, but Poong's regen is really bad for Kirito considering he's already going to not be doing much damage with his regular attacks.

this is an incap not death.

plus the shockwaves can possibly hurt her and they help keep her from a distance

I know, that's why it's worst.

Kirito can't go for fatal attacks if given the opportunity, so I'll be more casual / regenable attacks that he'll be inflicting.

May I ask where this "Kirito creates shockwaves" thing comes from? Because that is not how any of it works.
Same as previous but to a greater extent, with the addition of Shockwaves (When using ultimate Sword Skills for Dual Blades such as Starburst Stream and The Eclipse)

That’s from his profile.

Also I changed the op because using incap makes it unfair for kirito. Too much of an advantage for poong.

Poong probably wins this all things considered. Kirito’s main pro is that he’s more skilled than poong and has health crystals but other than that poong is going to be stronger and faster than him cuz of the pocket dimension and has regen that’s going to be hard for Kirito to beat. Though it could be a tough fight given his skill

Poong probably wins this all things considered. Kirito’s main pro is that he’s more skilled than poong and has health crystals but other than that poong is going to be stronger and faster than him cuz of the pocket dimension and has regen that’s going to be hard for Kirito to beat. Though it could be a tough fight given his skill

kirito also has higher intelligence plus don’t forget poong’s hot headedness. Kirito could exploit that.

Speed is equalized remember

Speed is equalized remember
Pocket dimension reduces his speed by 50% plus with her stat amps she's going to have higher speed
kirito also has higher intelligence plus don’t forget poong’s hot headedness. Kirito could exploit that.
That does push it more in Kirito's favor, but I still do see Poong winning if at least like 6/10 times

Same as previous but to a greater extent, with the addition of Shockwaves (When using ultimate Sword Skills for Dual Blades such as Starburst Stream and The Eclipse)

That’s from his profile.

Also I changed the op because using incap makes it unfair for kirito. Too much of an advantage for poong.
That is literally just "waves of air" due to the impact...

Pocket dimension reduces his speed by 50% plus with her stat amps she's going to have higher speed

That does push it more in Kirito's favor, but I still do see Poong winning if at least like 6/10 times

would there be any way kirito could win more often?

besides I feel like kirito can’t catch a break he gets a lot of losses.

Well as is he has to use his skill and capitalize on her hot headedness. Other than that it’s basically stacked against him. He can’t really boost his chances honestly.

I don’t want to be biased in favor of kirito.

but I just want to see him finally get a win for his aincrad version. He literally has no wins.

And I felt he should get a win.

Bloodlusted would actually make it worse cuz they’d go for the first thing that would kill the opponent. It actually removes the weakness ironically.

In all honesty kirito’s main strength is his skill. Facing characters that can reduce its effectiveness is honestly why he loses so often.

Bloodlusted would actually make it worse cuz they’d go for the first thing that would kill the opponent. It actually removes the weakness ironically.

In all honesty kirito’s main strength is his skill. Facing characters that can reduce its effectiveness is honestly why he loses so often.

thank god I didn’t do that. I think kirito could win a lot if he can exploit her weaknesses.

Also what about his bfr?

His bfr requires him to touch the crystal and the opponent to activate it so it could work but given she’s 2x faster I doubt it would work most of the time though it does give him an extra wincon

His bfr requires him to touch the crystal and the opponent to activate it so it could work but given she’s 2x faster I doubt it would work most of the time though it does give him an extra wincon

since she’s in-character maybe she’ll fall for it.

though they have knowledge of each other so there’s that.

And how does activate her statistics amplification. Maybe it’s not instant. And he can BFR her during that time.

btw does BFR count as death or incap?

He’d scale to 78 tons. Even with 30% debuff and her stat amps, he’d still be in one shoting range so it’s likely a stomp in kirito’s favor as any hit would neg her regen

He’d scale to 78 tons. Even with 30% debuff and her stat amps, he’d still be in one shoting range so it’s likely a stomp in kirito’s favor as any hit would neg her regen

okay then.

but about the in-character thing. So could kirito take advantage of poongs weaknesses and find a way to BFR her.

I mean bloodlusted he loses a lot but if it’s in character. Could he win more with his BFR and knowledge of her weaknesses?

He could but idk if he does that in character. Most of the time doesn’t he just go for melee combat. If that’s the case Poong wins most of the time.

Back