• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon vs Fairy Tail.... In a contest of friendship?!?

Scenario:
Every Gym Leader, Elite Four Member, Champion & Rival Character, as well as every current, previous & future member of the Fairy Tail Guild from the Fairy Tail verse, all end up in the other 'verse.
They will remain as such for 1 month (31 days.), & until this time ends, the transposed trainers are irrevocably considered Fairy Tail Guild members. (But obviously, said transposed trainers remain in the Fairy Tail Guild.)

Goals:
Both verses' groups of characters have this as their primary goal:
While in the other verse's world, make as many genuine friends* as possible.
(*This should be obvious but "genuine friends" means not making "friends" through payment, coercion, mind control, duress, seduction, violence, threats, fraud, etc.)

Fairy Tail Characters' goals:
1. Don't let ANY Fairy Tail character die while in the Pokemon world. (Any death that likely cannot or will not be reversed is a failure.)
2. Be as beneficial to the world of Pokemon as you can. More good done, more points earned.
3. Maintain the Gyms & Pokemon Leagues as best you can!

Pokemon Characters' goals:
1. Don't let ALL of the Pokemon characters die while in the Fairy Tail world. (If all of them die & their deaths likely can't or won't be reversed is a failure.)
2. Run the Fairy Tail guild as beneficially to the world as they can. More good done, more points earned.
3. Maintain the Fairy Tail Guild as best you can!

Obviously, the transposed characters are made aware of these goals, with the exception of the "Make friends" goal, to ensure genuine friendships are forged.
When the 31 days are up (Assuming no other outcome conditions were met.), whichever side did better wins. For number of friends made or people helped, it's counted by 1 point per unique individual (But this part isn't known to either side, to prevent OoC-ly not helping someone twice.).

Some additional notes/rules:

1. Obviously, both 'verses are in-character, other than what's specified in this post; The inhabitants of a 'verse aren't going to go out of their way to try & defeat or hinder the transposed characters, beyond what they would in-character-ly/normally do or what they would do based on what's specified in this post.

1. Fairy Tail magic works just as effectively in the Pokemon world as it would in the Fairy Tail world.

2. The transposed Pokemon trainer characters don't get any Pokemon
, & get all of their equipment, but only the unoccupied Poke Balls they've been shown to have in canon. (Ex: If a rival catches 5 Pokemon in regular Poke Balls, they get 5 regular Poke Balls. If they caught a 'mon in an Ultra Ball, they get 1 Ultra Ball.)
Poke Balls work on non-humans in the Fairy Tail setting, with roughly equivalent effectiveness as they would have on Pokemon.

3. Every Guild & person that has ever been hostile to the Fairy Tail Guild &/or anyone in the Fairy Tail Guild has been informed about the "new management" running Fairy Tail for the next 31 days. They've been also been informed that should they kill all of this new management (the Pokemon characters.), said aggressor(s) will get any desire they've expressed in canon fulfilled. In such a scenario, the Pokemon characters lose for failing to survive, & the transposed Fairy Tail characters will return; If the transposed Fairy Tail characters can't beat this antagonist, they lose, too!
Obviously, neither the transposed Fairy Tail characters, nor the transposed Pokemon characters have knowledge of this; If they're to learn of it at all, they must learn about it naturally.

Hopefully that's somehow both thorough & concise enough. So how does this "contest of friendship" go?

dear god

Are we ignoring any significant tier gaps?

dear god

Are we ignoring any significant tier gaps?
For the moment, I'd say let's say no, just to see what the consequences are.
I do especially wonder what ellicited your initial reaction here. (Though, I can think of at least one thing that might make matters skewed a bit.)

Would acnologia attack the guild? cause then pokeball will go.
Anyways... If gethis is informed of getting any wish granted then Fairy tail's screwed. Like utterly screwed. They've nothing on 3-C kyurem nuking a hole in the gyms.

Either way this is a "who will get killed first game" more than making friends.

Would acnologia attack the guild? cause then pokeball will go.
Anyways... If gethis is informed of getting any wish granted then Fairy tail's screwed. Like utterly screwed. They've nothing on 3-C kyurem nuking a hole in the gyms.
Wouldn't Ghetsis count as one of the transposed characters? Ergo, he'd be given maintaining Fairy Tail as a goal. Feel like there's a conflict of interest there, lol.
That said, it's only people who've been hostile to the Fairy Tail guild or hostile to its members who are informed. Ghetsis, as a member himself, would not be.
Either way this is a "who will get killed first game" more than making friends.
Thank you for the critique. I'll have to tweak the scenario.

I mean you did write only gym leaders, elite fours, rivals and champions. Gethis is a villain, a main villain at that.

I mean you did write only gym leaders, elite fours, rivals and champions. Gethis is a villain, a main villain at that.
Is he any of those? If not, why would he be transposed? & he's not someone who would've known about Fairy Tail before the transposal, right?

He is a villain. You said that villains get a message about the new managment and that they get a wish if they kill em. Gethis would get one and go on to massacre the fairy tail guild with Kyurem

He is a villain. You said that villains get a message about the new managment and that they get a wish if they kill em. Gethis would get one and go on to massacre the fairy tail guild with Kyurem
My opening post for this thread does not contain the word "villain". What I said was:

"3. Every Guild & person that has ever been hostile to the Fairy Tail Guild &/or anyone in the Fairy Tail Guild has been informed about the "new management" running Fairy Tail for the next 31 days. They've been also been informed that should they kill all of this new management (the Pokemon characters.), said aggressor(s) will get any desire they've expressed in canon fulfilled. In such a scenario, the Pokemon characters lose for failing to survive, & the transposed Fairy Tail characters will return; If the transposed Fairy Tail characters can't beat this antagonist, they lose, too!
Obviously, neither the transposed Fairy Tail characters, nor the transposed Pokemon characters have knowledge of this; If they're to learn of it at all, they must learn about it naturally."

At what time period is the pokemon team ending up in. Like are they being dropped in at the BOS, or sometime like Alvarez? If its the former then team PKM have the easiest time ever. However if the its the Later then they could be in some trouble given the hax that Alvarez has at its disposal and there's Acnologia to worry about as well.

At what time period is the pokemon team ending up in. Like are they being dropped in at the BOS, or sometime like Alvarez? If its the former then team PKM have the easiest time ever. However if the its the Later then they could be in some trouble given the hax that Alvarez has at its disposal and there's Acnologia to worry about as well.
....I'm surprised & ashamed at myself that I didn't have this already specified.

For the time being, let's say the characters are at the most recent point in Present of the Verse's History, but not at any point that was depicted as "the future" for either 'verse.
Note that I say most recent point in the Present; Stuff that's depicted as being in the far future or such is not to be considered part of the circumstances they find themselves in.

In this case, I'd say that means End of Series Fairy Tail.

Hopefully that helps clarify things, & doesn't make things too lopsided.

....I'm surprised & ashamed at myself that I didn't have this already specified.

For the time being, let's say the characters are at the most recent point in Present of the Verse's History, but not at any point that was depicted as "the future" for either 'verse.
Note that I say most recent point in the Present; Stuff that's depicted as being in the far future or such is not to be considered part of the circumstances they find themselves in.

In this case, I'd say that means End of Series Fairy Tail.

Hopefully that helps clarify things, & doesn't make things too lopsided.
So before the 100 Years Quest?

Also, wouldn't Dragon-Type pokemon be like super weak to dragon-slayers? They're inherently weak to dragon-type attacks, and dragon-slayers are also inherently strong to dragon-type enemies.

So before the 100 Years Quest?
I'm not entirely sure of timeframe, but I think an answer under that assumption could be interesting.

& I don't mind this thread being revived. Sorry if anyone else does.
Also, wouldn't Dragon-Type pokemon be like super weak to dragon-slayers? They're inherently weak to dragon-type attacks, and dragon-slayers are also inherently strong to dragon-type enemies.
I assume there are Dragon Slayers independent of the Fairy Tail Guild (Since FT Guild has been put in Pokemon World at this time.), but are they common enough to be a concern?

I assume there are Dragon Slayers independent of the Fairy Tail Guild (Since FT Guild has been put in Pokemon World at this time.), but are they common enough to be a concern?
It was just a thought. Most legendaries are dragon type Pokémon, but most legendaries also probably stomp the entire Fairy Tail verse, so...

Back