• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon tournament 8-A edition; Round 7: Milcery vs. Porygon

Both are 8-A, obviously
No items
No prep time
Just pure... Milk? Data? Figure out what will be the synonym for blood in this sentence in this battle!
speed equalized
Milkcery:
Porygon: 7

Will Milcery get turned into Milkpowdery or will Porygon be Porygone? Your votes decide this!

Last edited:
Milcery's behaviour is simple, yet puzzling to analyze. Mostly because we don't have any information on it. Quoting Bulbapedia:

In the anime​

Main series​

Major appearances​

Milcery debuted in JN082, where one was caught by Goh. She evolved into an Alcremie almost immediately afterwards when he placed a Strawberry Sweet on her and spun her around.

Minor appearances​

Pokémon: Twilight Wings​

A Milcery appeared in Early-Evening Waves, under the ownership of a Café Master. It and an Alcremie assisted him in the Battle Café.

AFAIK, we never saw any Milcery battle, nor use any move.
There's the TCG, where its shown with Aromatherapy & Tackle or.... Sweet Scent & Tackle?
I guess given its Pokedex entries:

SwordThis Pokémon was born from sweet-smelling particles in the air. Its body is made of cream.
ShieldThey say that any patisserie visited by Milcery is guaranteed success and good fortune.

Seems Fragrance Manipulation is its in-character move, since it's literally made of sweet-smelling stuff?
Using Tackle seems odd, but if that's the case, I won't disagree, due to the lack of information.

It also has only 2 other attacks: Draining Kiss (Which, like Tackle, requires contact; Problematic against Porygon.) & Dazzling Gleam. 3 if you count the Last Resort Egg Move.
Nonetheless, I question Milcery's ability to have any offensive presence necessary to win, & with its only ranged offense being Dazzling Gleam, I'm not sure how readily it can realize it needs to use that to hit the likely-levitating Porygon.

Porygon via paralysis, electricity, lock on (homing), recover and signal or psybeam. Signal beam is also light speed

Milcery has recovery draining kiss, but its without stab, and porygon has healing via recovery to counter healing. Sweet Kiss is gonna be a problem

Porygon has better hax and more powerful abilities so I vote for it

Porygon via paralysis, electricity, lock on (homing), recover and signal or psybeam. Signal beam is also light speed
I had forgotten that Speed is unequalized.
Milcery has recovery draining kiss, but its without stab,
No, Milcery is Fairy type. IDK if we account for STAB here, though.
and porygon has healing via recovery to counter healing. Sweet Kiss is gonna be a problem

Porygon has better hax and more powerful abilities so I vote for it
I think Porygon has this, but for different reasons: As I brought up above, I don't really know Milcery's characterization; What little I've seen of it seems like it'd lead with Fragrance Manipulation, meaning it'd probably squander its time with stuff like Sweet Scent & Aromatherapy, at least, initially, probably.

Milcery also has the problem that its only ranged attack, IIRC, is Dazzling Gleam. A great option, for sure, but this means it's very inflexible at range against Porygon, who has a better variety of ranged options.

Porygon also, to my suprise, gets Conversion 2 by Level Up, which changes the user's type to a type that resists the foe's last used move; Milcery has Tackle & Fairy type attacks, meaning there's a very good chance this will be Steel.
So long as Porygon doesn't Conversion or Conversion 2 to change its type again, it'll resist all of Milcery's offenses.

If it realizes to reflect Status Moves (Like Sweet Kiss, Sweet Scent, Entrainment.), all the better.

Acid Armor is a waste, because Porygon has few physical attacks other than Tackle, & Misty Terrain is counter-productive, because it prevents Confusion for those affected; Meaning it nullifies Milcery's own Sweet Kiss. Attract likewise, is also pointless, since Porygon is genderless.
& neither Sweet Veil, nor Aroma Veil do anything for either Pokemon, so Entrainment is also not worthwhile. I guess it'd prevent Porygon getting an Analytic boost?

But yeah. It seems like, both by what limited info I know of its behaviour, & by looking at its movepool, Milcery has too great a chance of picking a bad move for the situation, & Porygon is better at range than it. Conversion 2 has a good chance of making Porygon a Resistant Type to Milcery's attacks, & for Milcery to use Sweet Kiss or Draining Kiss on Porygon, it has to get in close. Easier said than done.

A custom program easily defeats an RPG slime. What a surprise, lol.
Voting Porygon.

Back