• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Survive

You are stranded on a deserted island in the middle of the ocean after some disaster or something.
All you have on you are your team of 6 Pokemon that you always have with you.
How well do you think you'll survive with them, and how do you make the most out of their abilities?

Rules:
Only 6 Pokemon.
Each Pokemon can only have 4 moves.
You are too far out to Surf or Fly to any kind of mainland.
Teleport is banned.
Obviously, no Legendary or Mythical Pokemon.

Alternate Scenario:

Post-Apocalypse (Nuclear, Zombie, Natural Disaster)
All Rules still apply.
Best Pokemon you would keep to live in such a wasteland.

Last edited:
Any thing with water gun, a fire type move, razor leaf, and dig can give water, cook food, create leaves for fires,food, and shelters, and dig a hole for shelter. Hmm, I don’t know a move that creates meat so that’s that ig. Ice type to help regulate temperature would be nice. And a healing Pokémon to ensure survival.

Personally I'd go for something like:

Talonflame: For hunting and heat since it's a fire type and a bird of prey
Torterra: A good, sturdy Ground type and it has a tree growing on its back(Or Tropius cuz fruit tree monster)
Some kind of Psychic type to keep mentally linked to over long distances(Probably a Metagross)
Peliper or Empoleon: To handle fishing
Audino or Blissy: For their healing abilities
Frost Rotom: So I have a place to store food, and it can regulate temp when it's too hot

I think I would be set with that!

Lapras: to surf and use ice beam
Ghyrados: to catch fish
Miltank: for milk and drink
Camerupt: to create magma and create some land to stay at temporarily for breaks
Pidgeot: to scout the area until we find land
Audino: to heal in case of battle

Camerupt: to create magma and create some land to stay at temporarily for breaks
I dunno how viable that one is. How long would it take for a single Camerupt to make enough land that you could actually stand on? Especially out in the open ocean?

I mean a temporary island would suffise, and he can create enough lava to dage foes at hugh range and uses erruption so that would be viable.
If not then just replace it with someone who can make stones appear, use lapras to create a small iceberg with icebeam and then rest on some rocks while lapras rests normally. This whole thing is just so the pokemon can take breaks from time to time.

An ice or water type would speed that up
It'snot the cooldown I'm thinking about, so much so as how long it's going to take to build up enough magma to make a suitable landmass out in the open sea.It needs to touch the seafloor and build up continuously from there. I don't think a Camerupt has the stamina to pull that off. Also assuming the Camerupt has to stand on one of the water types to do that, it's dangerous.

But yeah, it would be easier to just make an iceberg to stand on.

Well, being hypothetical, anything or nothing can happen. I don't know if the me on the island will eat poisonous berries or get caught in a hurricane, or get a feast of picnic supplies dropped from an airplane!

So if I don't know what can go wrong or well, I can't take action to prepare for anything specific, can I?
Therefore, the best course of action is to skew things towards good results as much as I can.

The shell seems to be filled with joy. It is said that it will share good luck when treated kindly.

I take a single Togepi with me & dedicate my time on the island to taking the best care of it as I can & ensuring its happiness.
I don't need anything other than good luck to survive.

My team would be:

• Regular Zigzagoon with the Ability "Pickup" (should be able to pick up items to both heal and feed pokemon, including leftovers)
  • Charizard (for creating fires needed to cook food, can also fly out to find land, assuming he can make it there and back)
  • Some Land Creation Pokemon
  • Rillaboom (would be able to snipe pokemon or animals to fish, as well as create entertainment, and sonic booms to have area of effect damage on underwater creatures)
  • Audino (for emergency healing)
  • Lapras (for surfing better, i'd also teach it rain dance so that we can have a good and pure water source)

Here is my Speedrun Team:
  • Pidgeot (he can fly good)
  • Unfezant (he can fly good)
  • Braviary (he can fly good)
  • Corvinight (he can fly good)
  • Staraptor (he can fly good)
  • Yanmega (he can fly good)

Essentially, they can all fly good. Take them out one by one in pokeballs and fly to the mainland, which hopefully, is not further than the distance one and a half pokemon can travel. If I cannot do this, I would simply replace two flying pokemon with two surfing pokemon. We'd take a break on the surfing pokemon and then continue flying. If we cannot do this due to hunger, grab a Zigzagoon with pickup. If I cannot do this due to there being no pokeballs, then i'd get all of my pokemon to be second evolutions on the verge of evolving, then, they take out the main flier to evolve, then we fly on them, and so on.

Back