• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Poisonous jobbers in combat (Yanagi vs Reptile)

I think Reptile stomps.

First, Yanagi scales to 0.021 tons and Reptile to 0.087 so that's pretty much of a difference, Yanagi can likely decrease this gap via weaponry but i still thinking that will not be enough.

Reptile has far better hax such as invisibility or acid, and has LS advantage.

I really don't see anyway Yanagi can win here and Reptile has several wincons.

I agree with this, I can't tell much about Yanagi, but Reptile's much more haxy, has higher ap and Yanagi could have serious troubles keeping up with him, also considering how unorthodox Reptile's style is.
The lizard also has more and better ranged options, and Yanagi's lack of battle senses doesn't work well against someone who goes invisible, sticks onto walls, jumps around and is overall a very weird fighter.

If not a stomp, I vote Reptile.

See, it is true that Reptile has better hax and slightly higher AP but for all his acid and invisibility, Reptile almost never uses it properly and can lose against weaker foes despite the many advantages he has over them. It is also true that Reptile has a more feral and unorthodox style, but in the world of Baki acting like that isn't really gonna impress anyone and I dare say Yanagi is more skilled and better utilizes those skills in combat, and he tends to not lose against people on his level but those superior to him. Nevermind the weapons he has at his disposal, I assume we're using the current Reptiles who have nothing.

LS aside, since we don't know how strong Yanagi is, the Vacuum Palm is pretty much instant and could potentially knock Reptile down, at that point Yanagi can just brutalize the unconscious Reptile. On the other hand, getting close to Reptile's face can also equate to getting your hand bitten off which would make matters worse for Yanagi, unless he first uses the Benda Whip to make Reptile fall down in pain and then the Vacuum Palm. The Poison Hand I doubt will do anything to something like Reptile, even if we don't know if he's immune to that kind of thing, if we presume it does that could also be problematic for Reptile.

Tbh, I'm not sure who wins this.

I can't comment on the Yanagi bit because I have yet to reach that part of the manga (I'll do it eventually), but Reptile being incompetent is only partly true. Yes, he's a jobber like all villains in Netherrealm MK, but he has also shown some cleverness in using his abilities.
He has used his acid to create a shield and then disarm Kabal and Stryker, has blinded Takeda with his goo and previously he went invisible, forcing Takeda to locate him with his psychic powers.
Given the location (Central Park by SBA) he may also use his ninja skills and stealth mastery to do something with the trees (like he did against Jacqui up here), and let's not forget he has a substantial AP and LS advantage.

Yes, he's a jobber like all villains in Netherrealm MK, but he has also shown some cleverness in using his abilities.
I'm not even talking about him being a jobber necessarily, being invisible is just a broken ability that he doesn't utilize at his advantage often enough, he tends to leave himself wide open rather than just staying invisible and killing his enemies xD (even against Takeda which is probably the best instance of him properly using invisibility, he had to go visible just cuz)

The acid is also not utilized often enough but yes if that manages to hit Yanagi it's probably game over, or at least puts Yanagi at a big disadvantage. I'm just saying they both have efficient ways of quickly taking down their opponents, but Yanagi tends to go up against much stronger opponents and has to play it smart (he is very cautious and not especially cocky like many other Baki characters) whereas Reptile tends to lose against those debatably or firmly weaker than himself.

And yeah the location could help Reptile... IF he plays it smart, which he might not. Like I said both could win here depending on how one interprets the fight to go.

He might not do all those things, but the fact he's done them at least once in cutscenes surely means something.
Most of his battles are portrayed in gameplay, so we don't really know how much he would use his "hax" in a real bout, but there really isn't a reason why he shouldn't.

Reptile has: Invisibility, Perception Manipulation, Acid Manipulation and Poision Aura!

Yanagi has: vacuum palm ✋ and that’s the only dangerous thing in his arsenal except: his whip strike which supposedly negates durability.

if yanagi lands the vacuum palm than hes oneshotting reptile: but reptile is more agile and can produce slime from his body to evade attacks plus he can go invisible and that’s his opening attack according to his profile so he should win this with low difficulty.

I am leaning towards Reptile because of his Invisibility and agility.
Voting for Reptile

I think Reptile using his abilities wrong or right would depend on skill. If Yanagi is a far more skilled opponent then Reptile would have a harder time. But considering the foes Reptile fights regularly, I think he should take this fight. I vote for Reptile.

And just to get this concluded

Humanoid Lizard FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone (Wow, Reptile now has 3 wins!)

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back