• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Anyways the Iron Fist revision has now been completely applied, so this can be debated

The way I always saw it, it was Cap > wolverine in terms of physical strength. But just by a little. So him being equal to wolverine makes sense.

Unless I missed something

Last edited:
Last edited:
Cap being > Wolverine doesn't make sense imo, there are instances of Wolverine ******* up Nuke pretty handily, and Nuke is like, considerably superior to Captain America.

Hell in most fights Cap seems to lose

So idk where this narrative comes from
you can add Wolverine #25 to that, Logan was brainwashed and not in his right mind and he still put the beats on Cap. I bet I could name more times he won if I looked, but that's the first one that comes to mind.

scaling in comics is ****** dumb, though. The same guy who beats the shit out of another character in one comic loses to that character as soon as another writer comes along. It gets hard to say who's stronger between some characters after fifty years of that crap.

EDIT: or was that a different comic. I don't remember anymore.

Last edited:
So, let me see if I got this straight.
Iron Fist has a slight AP advantage and a massive skill advantage, but Po's style actually works better against more skilled opponents, or something like that. Is that about right?
If that's what people are arguing then it's wrong. After he actually got good at fighting, Po only fought like three people who were more skilled than him and they didn't lose because his style was weird.
  • Tai Lung lost because he took too much damage trying to get the dragon scroll instead of beating up Po and because Po was able to out-tank him the whole time. (Po eats damage like he eats food and Tai Lung's paralyzing attacks weren't working through his fat.)
  • Shen had Po on the ropes and only lost because this happened.
  • Kai lost because of a deus-ex-machina that didn't have anything to do with skill.
yeah Po is skilled and has a weird fighting style and whatever, but that doesn't make him beat people better than he is even in his own movies.

1. Tai lung didn't take as much damage as you say he did, he almost stomped shifu.

2. Shen "had him on the ropes" but Po wasn't even fighting back. When he fought Shen a few times prior (tower and metal factory) he actually outsmarted and outskilled shen despite the latter having a field advantage in the second fight with the moving platforms and flight and even then he only beat Po using the canon.

3. Yeah Kai shouldn't really scale to Po, though to be fair Po was able to do at least as good as tigress against him and yet again, Po was at a disadvantage, being on a frozen lake and all that.

1. Tai lung didn't take as much damage as you say he did, he almost stomped shifu.

2. Shen "had him on the ropes" but Po wasn't even fighting back. When he fought Shen a few times prior (tower and metal factory) he actually outsmarted and outskilled shen despite the latter having a field advantage in the second fight with the moving platforms and flight and even then he only beat Po using the canon.

3. Yeah Kai shouldn't really scale to Po, though to be fair Po was able to do at least as good as tigress against him and yet again, Po was at a disadvantage, being on a frozen lake and all that.

He fought shifu with everything he had because he was trying to beat the information out of him. when he was fighting Po he saw the scroll and was focused on trying to take it instead of actually hitting Po, he left himself open and Po got a ton of big hits on him before he got the scroll, realized it wasn't gonna do anything for him and then started fighting Po. He was tired and mad and irrational at the end, Po wasn't. The whole fight is here and here and it shows everything I'm saying.

fair enough but that just means he's not more skilled than Po after all, which just proves my point further that Po's style alone hasn't beaten someone massively more skilled than him.

He was beating Po even after they were in the spirit world. Kai was about to end him for good and the only reason he didn't was because of what everyone did in the part that I linked.

Last edited:
Tbf I disagree with the narrative that "Tai Lung only lost to Po because he fought Shifu prior", but again the narrative felt moreso "Po used unconventional techniques against an arrogant fighter with little to no flexibility in his combat", it's a detriment to Tai Lung's skills than ever being a merit to Po's fighting style.

And trust me, Iron Fist can very well fight against weird gimmick characters considering he's from the Marvel Universe

Anyways just FYI, for anyone who comes from the Death Battle, while the version of their Iron Fist is 1-to-1 to our wiki version, they composite Po from the films as well as Paws of Destiny.

So don't high IQ

Back